Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Laurence Fox won an average of about 0.5%-0.6% of the votes in each of the 14 wards....
https://twitter.com/jneill/status/1786787547940548859
:allears:

Gabe Romualdo................... nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

I uh, may have spent an absurd amount of money on a new chair for myself as my first "earning a stable wage and selling my car" present.

Mostly because my current pile of blankets and disintegrating leather smells and I can't really fix that.

I guess also it does cut off circulation in parts of my body and that probably isn't great.

Talking of selling - this is 100% this bellend trying to style out having to sell his house to pay legal bills lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

also lmao https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1786828547581264118

"my fellow horrible oval office... please post better" -the worst poster to ever exist

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

dont tell me to not sign my posts

if you do that I will be extremely mad IRL

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Christ, this Guardian article: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/04/adult-kids-back-home-should-i-charge-rent

The writer's adult children have had to move back home due to the cost of living and the writer is pondering whether to charge them rent or not. Every comment is like: "Yessss! Charge the little shits market rents! You could be making so much money from leveraging the power of your property ownership over your feckless children: make them understand the realities of life!!"

What the gently caress, Guardian readers, what the gently caress.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

Talking of selling - this is 100% this bellend trying to style out having to sell his house to pay legal bills lol

"earlier this year" was uh, also "earlier this week" wasn't it?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LMAO, check out the gammon:
https://twitter.com/miffythegamer/status/1786796709693059374

e: vvv He's saying "Khan Killed London!" x3 times

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 4, 2024

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

1. What did he say?
2. Did someone's PT run for mayor?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

fuctifino posted:

Laurence Fox won an average of about 0.5%-0.6% of the votes in each of the 14 wards....
https://twitter.com/jneill/status/1786787547940548859
:allears:

TIL writing your name on the ballot paper invalidates it

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

He lost to binface lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

TIL writing your name on the ballot paper invalidates it

You have the right to an anonymous ballot, deliberately undermining that implies you're being coerced.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Tesseraction posted:

You have the right to an anonymous ballot, deliberately undermining that implies you're being coerced.

Oh I get why it's just never occurred to me before

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I reckon Sunak is toast after losing WMs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

Oh I get why it's just never occurred to me before

The bit that never occured to me before is why would you bother? Like there are a few things that can be going through your brain that make you feel the need to sign your ballot but none of them are encouraging.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

OwlFancier posted:

The bit that never occured to me before is why would you bother? Like there are a few things that can be going through your brain that make you feel the need to sign your ballot but none of them are encouraging.

I expect it's probably something to do with the sovereign citizen obsession with wet-rear end signatures, or whatever they were.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah like I'm assuming some might be that, maybe some might be just... very confused people who think it's necessary. Maybe some people are voting for themselves and just wrote "me" on the ballot next to their name.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pistol_Pete posted:

Christ, this Guardian article: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/04/adult-kids-back-home-should-i-charge-rent

The writer's adult children have had to move back home due to the cost of living and the writer is pondering whether to charge them rent or not. Every comment is like: "Yessss! Charge the little shits market rents! You could be making so much money from leveraging the power of your property ownership over your feckless children: make them understand the realities of life!!"

I dunno, if you're living somewhere contributing to the utilities/groceries/etc seems fair to me, and I speak as someone who lived with mum and sister till my 30s. ("Rent" was mutually agreed as 1/3 of what we earned.)

Charging your family "market rent" to live in your house is hosed up though. How much do you think strangers would want to pay to live in those circumstances, weirdo?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Any Richard Heads out there could double spoil their ballot with a bit of creative drawing

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Maybe you're just really used to writing your own name on things. Or you tried to do a write-in and the counters assumed it was your own name. Or you tried to do a write-in for yourself.

I suppose someone with access to the ballots could bribe people to spoil their vote and confirm it with their written names. Wouldn't achieve a whole lot, but you could do it if you get bored one election cycle and don't mind the risks of getting done for electoral fraud.

Also how many machetes do you think Laurence Fox normally sees in a day. how many hours of his week is spent running from machete-wielding youths? i would assume not enough

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

also lmao https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1786828547581264118

"my fellow horrible oval office... please post better" -the worst poster to ever exist
So, uh, is the size of the gametes the thing that has always been used to divide humanity into two absolutely distinct groups, or is it something that only started in the 1870s when sex perverts with recently available microscopes started doing that?

Just asking there. On the basis that it did start happening right around then. Because of the sex perverts, you see.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that's a thing that really annoys me about the bathroom perverts is that no, chromosomes or nether regions do not have anything to do with how you gender someone because unless you are a very strange person you do not know the chromosomes or the nether arrangements of 99% of the people you meet and yet you still gender them.

Like their whole gimmick falls apart if you think about it for 2 minutes but obviously it's them who're the common sense people.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

It was, yeah, although I was not part of that discussion because I sit on a bunch of nails cellotaped together.

I am envisioning an extremely budget Game of Thrones.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

feedmegin posted:

I am envisioning an extremely budget Game of Thrones.

"Winter is Coming" -me when the throne of nails is no longer warm to the touch when I first sit down.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

ITS DOOM MAUREEN!!!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Souvenir of historic year.

Big fan of ahistoric years myself.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Oh if you enjoyed that you'll like this psychopath posted in the parenting thread

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Souvenir of historic year.

Big fan of ahistoric years myself.

it’s kind of funny how in his first year as king he really didn’t do very much then got cancer and now really can’t do very much

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

smellmycheese posted:

I know someone who moved to South Wales to escape the woke. Hope they meet and become friends.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Goon project: follow Lozza and put up a Palestinian flag in front of his eyeline as often as possible.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah like I'm assuming some might be that, maybe some might be just... very confused people who think it's necessary. Maybe some people are voting for themselves and just wrote "me" on the ballot next to their name.

That would count. Identifying marks are generally name, signature, initials or address. Messages to the candidate also count if they're not entirely generic.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Microplastics posted:

Oh if you enjoyed that you'll like this psychopath posted in the parenting thread

eesh what a oval office

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
So the Tories don't even end up with the 2nd most council seats.

LibDems have 521, Tories 513.

I wonder if you told Bojox and crew that they would lose nearly half their seats back then, they'd have you committeed.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Pistol_Pete posted:

I mean maybe the vibe in the comments has changed since you posted but from a top line skim it seems the vast majority say ‘charge some rent/contribution to food and bills but help them save’ and hardly salivating landlords

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

When my friends and I were living at home and working we all paid money towards the household, but it was never styled as rent, just a contribution towards running costs.

There was never any threat of being thrown out of you were between jobs and couldn't spare the money.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Flux Wildly posted:

I mean maybe the vibe in the comments has changed since you posted but from a top line skim it seems the vast majority say ‘charge some rent/contribution to food and bills but help them save’ and hardly salivating landlords

This is the vibe I got yesterday when I read through the comments too. Not a market rent but more of a contribution to food & bills.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

smellmycheese posted:

ITS DOOM MAUREEN!!!!

Imagine the atmosphere at no. 10 this morning lol.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

Imagine the atmosphere at no. 10 this morning lol.

the funny thing is they can’t even rip the copper wire out of the walls on their way out

hunt had to cancel his planned preelection tax cut giveaway later this year because he knows he’ll get another truss style interest rate bounce and we’re already near the level which forced her to resign anyway

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Microplastics posted:

The person needs a slap... maybe multiples of them... teach him a lesson about parental responsibilities. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

council pop wet farts