Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
From a midday phone chat with my da: "The man's an unpleasant testicle, but he was right about Iraq and better than anyone else running."

Imagine, if you will, a whole by election of candidates who make George Galloway look like the good option. :lmao:

4 is the number of indecent images Simon Danczuk sent to a 17 year old intern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

From a midday phone chat with my da: "The man's an unpleasant testicle, but he was right about Iraq and better than anyone else running."

Imagine, if you will, a whole by election of candidates who make George Galloway look like the good option. :lmao:

4 is the number of indecent images Simon Danczuk sent to a 17 year old intern.

Get him an account

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Failed Imagineer posted:

Get him an account

Guavanaut's da, the best out of three options for who you were referring to in this post

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guav calling up his ma and complaining his da gets to be the op of his internet forum threads now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gotta follow this lass on socials when I'm home she really does seem lovely, and looks so much better outside of the warehouse of murdered dreams https://twitter.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1763335348711801193

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Something else I just noticed is he also manages to slip 'secure a future' in there alongside make [x] great again.

loving fash little shite.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Secure a future for catboy children.

For the beauty of the myo~ron :3c must never disappear from the earth.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He's an awful piece of poo poo but he doesn't support a genocide, making him somehow morally superior.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

forkboy84 posted:

Arthur Henderson, the former Labour leader, is another with Churchill in the 5 constituency club.

Henderson also gained all of those five seats in by-elections which I believe is a record.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Pretty sure I just saw someone cosplaying as The Unknown in Glasgow Central.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gonzo McFee posted:

He's an awful piece of poo poo but he doesn't support a genocide, making him somehow morally superior.

(Looks at Galloway's comments about the War in Ukraine.)
Yeah, about George not supporting genocide...

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The dude put transphobia in his election material, he's not superior in any fashion

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It was a whole election of bigoted conspiracy theorists and sex perverts, and people backed the one who was right once and wears a hat.

It's nothing for anyone to be proud of, but the people who should be most ashamed are those who couldn't find anyone better than George to stand.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

(Looks at Galloway's comments about the War in Ukraine.)
Yeah, about George not supporting genocide...

What's his actual opinion, is it the Corbyn position of supporting peace and against NATO? Or has he gone more pro-invasion that that?

Not So Fast fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 1, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

It was a whole election of bigoted conspiracy theorists and sex perverts, and people backed the one who was right once and wears a hat.

Average Rochdale voter :

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Angepain posted:

I remember Chuka Umunna

That's funny because I don't think anyone else does

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I hate his stupid hat so much. Why does he wear it all the time? Take off the hat.
He's previously said it's to hide scars on his head he got when a zionist beat the poo poo out of him a while back for being pro-Palestinian.

Probably the baldness, though.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Yesterday's massacre by the Israelis finally seems to have shaken up France, Germany, US (a bit) from their complacency, and EU to restore funding to UNWRA.
Haven't seen anything from our benighted bunch of clowns. ( I stand to be corrected if anyone has seen anything).

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Not So Fast posted:

What's his actual opinion, is it the Corbyn position of supporting peace and against NATO? Or has he gone more pro-invasion that that?

Well, he was one of those people who swore up and down that Russia would never invade the Ukraine a week before it happened. Then went silent for a while after Russia did invade Ukraine.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/25/time-putins-real-useful-idiots-woke/

(Apologies the link is to the Torygraph. It also includes him talking about Ukraine being full of Nazi's which is why Russia had to invade.)

He is also using the Russian talking point that Nato is pushing for the war using Ukraine as its proxy.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1255144.shtml

He also uses the (again Russian points) that "the war would end tomorrow if Ukraine agreed to Russia's minimal demands." Competely overlooking the fact that Russia started the War, and were quite clearly targeting Ukranian civilians.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Itzena posted:

He's previously said it's to hide scars on his head he got when a zionist beat the poo poo out of him a while back for being pro-Palestinian.

Probably the baldness, though.

Honestly, both are plausible - he's deeply vain, and he did indeed get a pretty serious beating.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

fuctifino posted:

On the subject of shameless grifting cunts, Russell Brand is entering his performative Christianity Era
https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/status/1748988929020158003

On the topic of Brand / Galloway a few months back when Brand was mid cancellation Galloway put out a video coming to his defence, his rhetoric basically being "well we all know that Russell Brand was a naughty boy in his past, thats old news. So why are the elites bringing it up now?"

It struck me as such a sketchy line of defence, he wasn't in the firing line for 'being a naughty boy', it was for forcibly penetrating a woman(or plural) who was telling him "no", which is rape. It had a whiff of "well whomst among us doesent have a few sex crimes in the closet?"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He did the same with Alex Salmond, iirc. Very sus in a "who will speak up for George when the lizard elite uncover myfalsely accuse me of sex crimes" way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Graun said that Corbyn and David Davis will introduce him to the house next week. Not sure I like the idea of jampa giving the fuckstain the legitimacy of association, but I guess ol' double D will help counter that.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

Well, he was one of those people who swore up and down that Russia would never invade the Ukraine a week before it happened. Then went silent for a while after Russia did invade Ukraine.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/25/time-putins-real-useful-idiots-woke/

(Apologies the link is to the Torygraph. It also includes him talking about Ukraine being full of Nazi's which is why Russia had to invade.)

He is also using the Russian talking point that Nato is pushing for the war using Ukraine as its proxy.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1255144.shtml

He also uses the (again Russian points) that "the war would end tomorrow if Ukraine agreed to Russia's minimal demands." Competely overlooking the fact that Russia started the War, and were quite clearly targeting Ukranian civilians.

Ah OK, that's closer to the former although I get frustrated when people who are very anti-war when it comes to the US and NATO fall into believing whatever Putin says as a justification for the war. Corbyn has reasonably avoided doing that but it looks like Galloway is less reasonable on that front.

It's all good being anti-war but that should extend to considering Putin foolish for starting the invasion over Euromaidan in the first place, because NATO was obviously going to keep escalating further as well.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He is partly correct in that it is a bit poo poo how the press keeps quiet about these things until its convenient.

However 'he was being blackmailed over the rapes he did' still does not detract from the rapes he did.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

He did the same with Alex Salmond, iirc. Very sus in a "who will speak up for George when the lizard elite uncover myfalsely accuse me of sex crimes" way.

He didn't just speak up for Salmond.

They worked for RT, including doing a show together.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/politics/scottish-politics/4070360/alex-salmond-george-galloway-russia-today/

Not So Fast posted:

Ah OK, that's closer to the former although I get frustrated when people who are very anti-war when it comes to the US and NATO fall into believing whatever Putin says as a justification for the war. Corbyn has reasonably avoided doing that but it looks like Galloway is less reasonable on that front.

It's all good being anti-war but that should extend to considering Putin foolish for starting the invasion over Euromaidan in the first place, because NATO was obviously going to keep escalating further as well.

Putin was....foolish for starting a war that has killed thousands and displaced many more?

I'd personally use a stronger word, like monstrous, but that's just me. Don't like genocides or war crimes, so I don't.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Look, if the press can keep bringing up historical rapes, it's any truth teller truly safe?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Putin was....foolish for starting a war that has killed thousands and displaced many more?

I think NSF is deliberately copying Galloway's language on the subject to show the inconsistency, not saying that's the only adequate description of the Ukrainian genocide.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

Gotta follow this lass on socials when I'm home she really does seem lovely, and looks so much better outside of the warehouse of murdered dreams https://twitter.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1763335348711801193

Oompa Loompa Doompety Ding
About me now everyone’s horny posting

grobbo
May 29, 2014

massive spider posted:

It struck me as such a sketchy line of defence, he wasn't in the firing line for 'being a naughty boy', it was for forcibly penetrating a woman(or plural) who was telling him "no", which is rape. It had a whiff of "well whomst among us doesent have a few sex crimes in the closet?"

George "my opponent says she was forced by her family into an abusive and rape-filled marriage at the age of 15, but in fact she was 16, the liar" Galloway being sketchy on sex crimes shouldn't come as a massive surprise, in all fairness.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

He is partly correct in that it is a bit poo poo how the press keeps quiet about these things until its convenient.

However 'he was being blackmailed over the rapes he did' still does not detract from the rapes he did.
More than just the press, when Brand was famous and had connections the police were intimidating his victims. It was a Savile-type situation where it's very hard for anyone affected to be public about anything.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Georgre on big brother purring has burned itself into my brain and I can never forget it.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

mediaphage posted:

lmao how often do you see a riding change by 48 percent

"a riding"?! What was it like in the 19th century where you come from?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tai posted:

Georgre on big brother purring has purrrrrned itself into my brain and I can never forget it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lord of the Llamas posted:

"a riding"?! What was it like in the 19th century where you come from?

It's a dead giveaway someone is Canadian

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Riding? The guy from the Metal Gear games?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

smellmycheese posted:

Centrist tears

If only Rochdale had been given the chance to vote for someone the columnist considers would make a good MP. All their problems would be solved!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Apraxin posted:

lmao, can't alloway the galloway

local independent was second on 6k, three main parties between them barely added up to 8k

im late but this has been making me laugh for genuine hours, nothing but respect for the ultimate grift king

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

domhal posted:

If only Rochdale had been given the chance to vote for someone the columnist considers would make a good MP. All their problems would be solved!

Why did Labour deny the voters the chance to vote for a middle class Oxbridge educated journalist? Paul Waugh, what is he good for? Absolutely nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*Paul Mason enters the arena and trips over*