Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns
As a years long lurker I really want 99 threadbanned as well. This is one of my little happy spaces to read opinions from lots of good posters, and it really sucks to see so many of them having to put up with this nonsense from yet another JAQoff Pissflaps-lite.

Mods need to make sure OF gets IK status each thread so we don't have to put up with this crap and other drive by poo poo posters when some events happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

Tesseraction posted:

Welcome and never feel afraid to post. Most of us don't bite!

Cheers Tess, thread always just moves way fast for me, I mean look at it go now!

I just wanted to show there are probably quite a few more like me that love reading this thread and get tired of it being shat up so often. Obvious props for us being the most easily trolled but that's certainly just because generally we just care about STUFF.

On that note, much love to our trans posters. I probably get much more exposure to opinions and thoughts from trans people here than anywhere else and I think it's made me a better person. I live in a particular tory hellscape so I try to push back against transphobic poo poo whenever I encounter it which is sadly so much more common it feel. Sometimes I think I even get through to these people a bit sometimes. It feels like all I can do sometimes and it sucks, but I know it has to be so much harder for all the people having their basic rights stomped on all the time...

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

mfcrocker posted:

It's tough, but it's always useful to remember that the actual TERF population is pretty drat low. It's just that a bunch of them happen to have national newspaper columns, or are editors of said newspapers.

Proper TERFs absolutely, but it keeps making national news so much it seems that little bits of it just seep into more people's brains it seems from what I've seen. Probably a bit of culture war bullshit mixed in as well, so I just seem to find more and more people that seems to have picked up the whole "Why do they have to keep pushing this into everything?" line which makes them just vaguely negative to various LGBTQ groups, and I just wanna shake them and scream "Because if you can just consider it normal you wouldn't think it was being pushed!"

It all feels very exhausting, but also seems a bit silly that I feel that way considering I'm not the one personally affected by it.

forkboy84 posted:

I'm a loving moron for engaging with this, but look, if a dozen trans people are telling you that he's being transphobic then maybe before you wade in with a "well actually..." maybe consider that they know more on the issue because they have to? Because it's not you or me whose right to exist is being questioned.

Absolutely this, when a whole thread, full of people personally affected by what that turd says, turns on you for a dumbass post, use some loving introspection.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

HopperUK posted:

Jesus Christ I recommended ignore because people were vocally distressed at having to read his continual posting, as a stopgap measure. I also put in a report last night where I asked the D&D mods to do something about the situation and I *also* argued with 99 in the thread and shouted down his poo poo to the best of my ability. Reacting to me as if I just came in and went 'ignore the bully and he will go away' and then swanned off is kind of upsetting tbh.

As others pointed out I don't have mod powers in this subforum and I don't have a history of going 'just ignore them lol' when it comes to this sort of thing.

I think you're ok Hopper, thread just running hot probably! Let's all just agree that the only good thing about this whole thing is some lurkers coming out of the woodwork because we support our trans brothers and sisters.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

keep punching joe posted:

Lurkers, rise up, post more.

No, I will never post!

DreddyMatt posted:

Thread having a normal one today.
Solidarity with our trans brothers and sisters, but I don't think getting mad at nj for posting about an interview is the right answer.

lmao if you're gonna go with 99 was just 'posting about an interview'

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

Squibsy posted:

Okay so this was a page ago but yeah, exactly: in addition to the fact that Dr Cass has the ear of government, the other big impact is that this report and all of the sycophantic media coverage that is being pushed is that it will be the only narrative about trans healthcare that most people in this country get any exposure to. Similar to the Govt advice for schools from a few months back, it's an official document which looks very serious and sincere. It's going to be referred to as an authoritative source by people who at best don't know where to look for anything more balanced, and so when something comes up where they don't feel they have the awareness to take a confident stance on trans issues, they'll look here.

I listened to the news talking about the report and yeah it sure did basically back the anti-trans narratives, which is all most people will hear. How many people are going to do even a little bit of digging to see that it's a REALLY biased study.

It makes me think of the bullshit 'study' Wakefield did on autism and vaccines, purely in the sense this is absolutely what every TERF and right wing rag are going to point to and say "see we told you it was all bullshit". Then years down the line, it will/might get the pushback it deserves but the damage will be done when the already scarce services will be utterly destroyed.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

Miftan posted:

When we used to do polls in the monthly threads, I seem to recall we got hundreds and sometimes almost a thousand responses via that.

But 800 were Pissflaps alts voting to keep him in the thread

All other posters are just an elaborate Trevor Bastard extended universe project

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

quote:

Summarising his views presented during the hearing, the panel said: "Mr Lister... likened the social transitioning of a child to the illegal act of performing FGM (female genital mutilation)."

lmao using a name someone asks to be called by is like FGM? Sir! Sir! Sir! Go gently caress yaself. I hope anyone that acts this way sees their actions come back on them like this.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns
When I listen to music at work it's usually an audio assault on me to cover the sound of the CNC Mill. It made for a very quiet time last week when I turned it off because of a contractor working in the area, I figured some people probably find a cacophony of Swedish death metal a bit distracting to work around.

I mean probably still better than the same songs each day on Absolute Radio that the rest of the factory has, but ya know

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns
Da Orks are an actual functioning meritocracy, with a currency system designed to stop the accumulation of wealth. They are the ideal society.

No I will not be taking questions on this outlook. Yes red ones go faster.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

This is the sort of crossover I never know I wanted, Strongbad on England, wow thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

The Question IRL posted:

What do you do in your Orkplace?

Teefs must go up as Dan Orkson said.