Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

That photo resonated because there’s some kind of way it captures the essential emotion of degrading customer service/gig economy work. Enhanced by the layer that Oompa Loompas are in universe “happy slaves” in a factory. Although I’m sure that parts been downplayed in the recent remakes etc.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

fuctifino posted:

On the subject of shameless grifting cunts, Russell Brand is entering his performative Christianity Era
https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/status/1748988929020158003

On the topic of Brand / Galloway a few months back when Brand was mid cancellation Galloway put out a video coming to his defence, his rhetoric basically being "well we all know that Russell Brand was a naughty boy in his past, thats old news. So why are the elites bringing it up now?"

It struck me as such a sketchy line of defence, he wasn't in the firing line for 'being a naughty boy', it was for forcibly penetrating a woman(or plural) who was telling him "no", which is rape. It had a whiff of "well whomst among us doesent have a few sex crimes in the closet?"

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

fuctifino posted:

In very clear I HAVEN'T BEEN SACKED news:

DAN WOOTTON OUTSPOKEN

I cant not read that name as Outspookken in my head.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Joannes currently on twitter claiming the nazis burning the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft never happened.

https://x.com/jk_rowling/status/1767912990366388735?s=20

https://x.com/jk_rowling/status/1767922494856466780?s=20

massive spider fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 13, 2024

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Jakabite posted:

I don’t think it’s necessarily the case that people who remain bullies into adulthood prosper. In my experience they tend to make it to lower/middle management and not a lot higher. The majority of adults are not bullies, and on an interpersonal level are decent people, and as you get higher people tend not to want to work with bullies and have the power to stop that from happening. What I suspect is happening is that kids who show aggressive behaviour are often bullies, and aggressive behaviour with the edges rounded off can be very useful in later life - translating into an unwillingness to be trodden on, ability to make your voice heard, confidence speaking in difficult situations, willingness to be forthright about what you want etc.

This is all my personal theorising but I don’t think the study is suggesting people who continue to be bullies into adulthood fare better than those who don’t.

My first thought reading that article is just how much many modern careers involve just straight up bullshitting about your abilities and competence. Modesty is decidedly not a useful quality.

Beyond that yeah, most kids who were little shits grow into normal-ish adults, forgetting what it was like to be a scholar terror even if the thing they did to the other kids remains with that kid for life. Thats one of the funny things about doing evil poo poo, as much as people like to think it leads to dramatic consequences most of the time it's very much a 'for me it was just Tuesday' thing.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Musk would wipe the floor with khrishnan and if it didnt go his way well then hed just buy channel 4

You're underestimating how much of a moron Musk is. His recent interview with Don Lemon was noteworthy because Lemon does not have a reputation as a hard hitting journalist to uphold and still managed to stump him with basic questions like "where did you get that information from?" (Response: "guys who reply to me on twitter") while Musk looked on the verge of tears the whole time. Plus two of khrishnans major faux pas have been going too hard on Americans used to their media style who dont expect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

fuctifino posted:

quote:

I came to the conclusion that I’ve been walking around getting punched in the face for four years now.

:lmao:

I know this isnt literal but im choosing to believe it is.