Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
really misread your first paragraph as "spring on the neurological calendar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

unrelated. i thought this was a nice post. we are all oompa-loomping thru it

https://bsky.app/profile/vore.sex/post/3kmltecj3y42s

i really like this take on it because the picture of her going around does not reflect well when she probably wasn't even ready to have her pic taken

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

bluesky user vore dot sex more wholesome than any mainstream UK media

well, not a high bar

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

More stats:

https://x.com/taj_ali1/status/1763397199960928577?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Yeah, even accounting for the various catastrophes in other parties' local campaigns, this seems like an extremely convincing repudiation of them on a national level.

lmao how often do you see a riding change by 48 percent

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

he actually pulled out “make rochdale great again” lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tai posted:

OK so Rochdale voted in Galloway (the only choice) to show their disproval of Israel being a bunch of massive cunts because there was no one else with that view.

I'm dying on this hill before giving credit to Georgre for being pro Palestine. Everything smells like a grift with him.

that seems like the only sensible take.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Lord of the Llamas posted:

"a riding"?! What was it like in the 19th century where you come from?

lol yeah tbh canada uses so many weird britishisms from my pov that it didn't even occur to me it wouldn't still be used haha

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Quiz category: "places that still use thee/thou"

We would have also accepted Quakers or the state of Utah.

i suppose the american thirst for the KJV doesn't count does it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol i mean what else should one do in that situation when you're on tv lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I commend his bravery for daring to approach the braying mob of violent Islamists. I hope he and his crew made it out of the no-go zone safely before someone did a sharia law on them.

lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

From the river thames to the north sea?

from the thames down south to the northern seas
scotland will be free

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

kingturnip posted:

I mean at this point, Rishi's best chance of winning the next general election is probably banning millions of people from being able to vote

[edit]
Although if he claims there are millions of jihadists in the UK, it does make it more likely that we'll be invaded by the USA

no need the us will just wave trading contracts with the uk because i don't think they can look that in the mouth just yet

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

imo its fine to make a flat bread with chemical leaveners if you must, but i think it really suffers from not having a yeast ferment

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fwiw flatbreads like naan and pita cook very well on a ripping hot cast iron on your stove, too, if you don't have a fancy pizza oven (j/k i want to set something like that up too :) )

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

bold new day when the ukmt is asking, "are the lib dems really so bad?"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kin posted:

I got offered a job at ooni a few years back but turned it down it because it felt like a bit of a dead end company just churning out the one (relatively expensive) niche purpose item.

Are they really that popular? I see em in shops everywhere but I figured there's only so much pizza a family can eat in a week and decent weather in the UK to fire it up outside.

they’re sold internationally too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Angepain posted:

well, more along the lines of "are the lib dems worse than George Galloway", which is a harder question

idk the houthis aren’t demanding letters signed by the pm and the lib dems so galloway is definitely funnier imo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mebh posted:

This year is going to be nuts with EU elections, US elections, India elections and UK maybe doing elections but probably not.

I had all hope crushed out of me in 2019, now I'm just debating if I should write a serious letter to my labour MP telling him why I just can't vote for him even though he's decent locally.

canada soon next year prolly with a trump aficionado currently eating up the polls

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

also lol could they do anything that would make galloway even more able to seize the spotlight with some antics

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://x.com/owenjones84/status/1772019859183853908

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Whatever this was appears gone now.

ah it’s a retweet of d’ancona on radio saying that jones’ nickname at the guardian was squealer after the pig in animal farm

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Embedding tweets is a garbage feature, everything worth posting here will get deleted. Screenshots are the way

i’m not going to embed a screenshot of a radio quote but you do you

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Honestly I'd embed pics but in the Awful app the Imgur functionality is broken and it requires a 16-tap multi-app faff so until that's fixed I cba

pretty much

sa is already rehosting imgur pics now. they should start some kind of social media screencapper lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Post a picture of a radio instead.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Regardless it still shows that the amount of under-occupied housing is very low.

Clearly the issue is that not enough housing (and not dense enough housing) is being built. Probably because huge sections of influential people, as well as the developers who would have to build the houses, only stand to benefit from it. Plebs who don't own a house, well, who cares.

All that said I have very little trust that Labour would do something about it, at this point so much of the voting publics wealth is tied up in housing that any collapse in house prices would be complete electoral poison.

is it that low?

in 2022 it was 4% of all dwellings that were completely unoccupied, a number that rose 10% between 2018 and 2022

Guavanaut posted:

They could build some not-house accommodation and have it run by the local authority and not made out of thermite and paraffin wax.

lol most tories would vastly prefer the one on the left

MeinPanzer posted:

There's been a lot of discussion in other Commonwealth countries dealing with housing crises (Canada, where I'm from; Australia; New Zealand) about the cause of the problem and it's abundantly clear by now that the main factor isn't foreign investors or even AirBnB but simply the lack of new housing construction overall. The UK housing market has been cruising off of the mass of home construction up until the 1980s, but we're now feeling the slow down of construction since then.

The problem is that skilled labour and materials have gone up dramatically in price since Covid, so it's largely not economical for developers to build reasonably affordable housing these days. In Canada, where there's been a proper housing crisis pretty much for the last quarter century, provincial governments have basically had to come to terms with the fact that the only way they can actually have a working class anywhere near most cities is to make everything as cheap as possible for developers, including massive tax breaks and subsidies, and even then it's barely making a dent in the problem.

Of course, all of these governments could simply implement ambitious, well-funded affordable housing construction programmes, but good luck getting that done.

the problem in many commonwealth countries is simply zoning and a refusal to build houses on the part of the government directly

between 1946 and 1980 an average of 126000 council homes per year were built in the uk. in 2019 the number was just 6827.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i’ve been to barcelona a few times for work. lovely place to walk around; that’s probably the worst picture of it you could use lol

la sagrada familia is really a stunning work to visit

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

it's oft-repeated at this point but it's embarrassing how cheap our politicians are

Z the IVth posted:

You know this is such a disgrace. At least have the self worth like a US senator that sells out for millions.

bob menendez did it for under half a million bucks though i imagine he’s going to be in jail soon

if you want something sad look at the totally corrupt and utterly irrelevant supreme court of the us where clarence thomas just gets bribed mostly by going on vacations

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i mean the article has been posted and the full text has been posted do we really need ai summaries posted too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i feel like i clear the reasonably low bar of "not nadine dorries" so where the hell are the people lining up to have sex with me

maybe you need to lower your standards

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Just Another Lurker posted:

Just ate four Reese's Cups, tastes ok but the texture is quite... unpleasant. :(

lmao why did you keep eating them then

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Paladinus posted:

A lot of hardcore Evangelicals really hate Catholicism for its satanic worship of Mary, who is actually Isis. It just proves Sweeney's tits serve the true Christian values, not some papist heresy.

100%

as i recall my baptist preacher thundering when i was young, “i don’t need to go through mary or anybody else; i’ve got a straight connection to jeeeeeeesus himself!”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

be very careful trying to treat anxiety with weed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol i can’t tell if that’s a joke or not but to be safe, weed famously can cause very high anxiety across a wide range of users

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

killerwhat posted:

Only in the US I think? My friends call it Mandy or MD

ya it’s a us thing and has been called that ever since i was a teen show goer

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Lady Demelza posted:

It's days like these that I feel like I ought to do a job that's useful to society, like become a 999 call handler or something.

The salary starts at £22k which once again seems like we as a country are paying minimum wage for dealing with people on the absolute worst day of their lives, 24/7/365.

more power to you if you can do it but i hear it is definitely an extremely stressful job

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

tbh i think good mods are the only thing that keeps online communities going long term. but most mods are not, generally.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao where they gonna get their hash from now

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i’m really more of an idiot jack if i’m honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007