Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Angepain posted:

Obviously he's being Ratatouilled. Watch out for any proposed amendments regarding subsidies for cheese

Earlier today his picture was directly next to https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68438582, was tempted to cut and paste around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

sebzilla posted:

There was a definite cohort of wise posters at the time saying "look at the Orange Book ffs" but with the hubris of youth we all ignored them.

this ^^

e: shameful memories of reading Guido uncritically because well, every dig made at the time was right

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 3, 2024

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Lol ^

That t shirt looks like something they'd wear during a Bottom live show

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Kin posted:

On a tangent, but do kids generally still build gang hideouts and huts, etc?

there's a re-wilded? unparkified? nature trail near us that local kids have been building up with logs/old planks/seats etc. The primo spot though was claimed by people who needed it for a makeshift camp, old sleeping bags etc, assume that stops more building going on in lots of places

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Dad had a work wyse terminal at home that had a legit hold your phone up to the 1.2kb modem, you could dial in to play collosal cave. 15isj years later I started my first govt job and they were just phasing them out

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

John Oliver, face contorting into that gross Tom Hanks pic: "ohhhhhhhhh Pippa"

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

He's so good as Caesar in I, Claudius. Makes me wish his son Matt Berry (in Toast at least) had done some SERIOUS ACTING in around say, the Snuff Box era, would have captured the same vibe.

(did he? point me at it)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I don't want to think about the Wasp Factory, ever :can:

(which sits in a very strange mental pile next to, for example, Goodnight Mr Tom)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Jakabite posted:

To be fair there is that quite horrible bit where Mr. Tom finds William in London tied up and covered in piss and poo poo

that and the bit goes with it yeah

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Give the goon fund some your money! Do it!

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Donate £10 for a Gove's Extremists gangtag, £20 for an avatar (someone who can make this happen make this happen)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

money - - > mouth

:20bux: paid, gove me right up

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Used to love a ♬ Nessils Milky Bar ♬

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

We all looked forward to the release of Morrowind Tribuneral

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Labour will abolish the orgasm. Their best neurologists are at work on it now.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I'm trying to cut down :btroll: but I've seen (no I haven't) so many people just take stuff off the shelf and leave I can only conclude it's known and accepted

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Paul Atreides: What's inside the red box?
Reverend Mother: Three slightly leaky chicken bakes, fresh from the oven

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Been hassling Lenovo today, they make lovely laptops that will spontaneously bust out of their bezels and shatter the screen 6 months out of warranty. There's a bunch of angry amazon reviews issued at exactly the same time with exactly the same issue. Asked 'I am explicitly aware that this is out of warranty but since you' ve clearly issued a defective product how about doing something about it?' ' hmm we've checked and it appears you're out of warranty? sorry'.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Same as this except more innards exposed, cracks in the screen spidering outwards etc. They've given me a phone number so they can tell me to get bent live tomorrow, after which I'll throw as much of a social media tanty as my non existent twitter base allows.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Doesn't matter, we have a ruling party with actual fascists in it. MI6 can cry all they want and be ignored.

There was a NI thing in the news recently, something to do with Stakeknife maybe? about how Cameron really wanted to bring justice to the families of those murdered except he couldn't because there were 'men in buildings' who wouldn't let him, nosirree. Which seemed like a very coy, Boris-like way of passing the buck to??? which of course was immediately scrutinised by our diligent press

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Enough with the sounding chat

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I am glad that there are a lot of supportive people in the thread. Does anyone know what we can do in practicalities to help people suffering from this, is their a pressure group or organisation specifically helping out or setting up opposition to this poo poo?

Just posting to add solidarity, and while this probably isn't the right post to piggyback off of, the goon fund is out there giving support to all who need it, but it needs everyone's support to keep doing so.

Goon fund payment details posted:

Hello, Friend!
Thank you so much for your interest in donating to the UKMT Solidarity Fund, you're awesome.
First I have to make sure you're aware the UKMTSF is not a charity (yet!), so you won't be able to claim Gift Aid on your donations.
To make a donation directly to the fund account, you can either set up a standing order or make a one-time payment to the following account:
Bank: Nationwide
Sort Code: 07-16-60
Account Number: 63158654
Account Holder: Daniel Sparks
If you would like to send a CHAPS payment, please use the IBAN GB97NAIA07009333333334 and quote 63158654 as the reference.
If you have any issues, don't hesitate to reach out and I'll get back to you as soon as I can:
SA: IrvingWashington
Discord: Bill Drummond
email: ops@ukmt.fund

And although SA does not in anyway condone or reward transactions to bodies that are not yet charities, this extremely untimely image joke was graciously fed into the system by josh04 if anyone wants to say they donated and I'll send a list through to a mod.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Proposal for the new rank of Idiot Komrade

Or in CineD, Idiot Kermode

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Also old so no hot takes on music but today what's really grinding my gears as seen in the Liz Truss vid is demonstrating your a Trained Orator by gesturing all the time with that thumb forefinger chef kiss pose which is apparently the right way to do it now. Can't unsee it everywhere etc.

Why's directly pointing rude anyway "look you, learn these points of EU law or I'll have you" seems like a good teaching technique

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Honest Davion posted:

When I listen to music at work it's usually an audio assault on me to cover the sound of the CNC Mill.

Assume the sound of a CNC Mill is 'Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I'm the oversized funeral/masonry suit borrowed from my dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Going by some of the things I've read from terves, it's basically the ending of Carrie every time they go into the bathroom.

have cleaned enough pub toilets to believe it