Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Tesseraction posted:

The goal of a decent society is for everyone to be able to afford nice things, not for us all to be sitting in the mud. These people didn't cause the economy to be poo poo, they merely have higher wellies.
However statistical they probably provided for the economy to be poo poo by voting for the Tories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Why did the photo agencies get in such a tizz over the photo being manipulated when that's apparently pretty standard? It was from an official source and nothing contentious? Well I dunno about not contentious now.
For editorial use, there's always a zero tolerance to manipulation much beyond minor cropping and global brightening. In theory it's to make sure it's a truthful photo and avoid the slippery slope of deciding where to draw the line. There's little justification for doing it, photogenic aesthetics are easily trumped by the need for truthfulness.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Always pin blame on the dead, they can't argue back.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

sebzilla posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68569676

Watch Rishi start a loving war lol
Putin, the imperialist piece of poo poo, already started the war when he decided to restart the USSR (but in the form of a capitalist mafia state).

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Nobody wants it sold off but The National Credit Card bill must be settled, so what can the grownups do but sell it.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

mediaphage posted:

speaking of castles, a couple went to europe on a honeymoon in the sixties and came back to my home state of kentucky to build a castle. it’s in versailles (pronounced ver-sails).

the castle started construction in 1969 and then they divorced six years later lolol. someone bought it in 2005 and finished it to turn it into a hotel

That photos is doing a lot of heavy lifting, it looks terrible close up.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Most European castles are falling to bits too tho.
But it's authenticly decaying. That thing is barely above the magic castle at Disney; a cheaply constructed monstrosity that has all the finesse of a Liz Truss policy.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-tax-return-sa100 has a pdf version of SA100 for 2024. It's marked as for reference only so I think it's provided exactly for your reason.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

6Music on my commute used to be my route in to new music, but since I started subscribing to an excess of podcasts, I rarely listen these days and I'm completely oblivious to what being put out. But I am more informed about obscure topics.... (most recently the sapeurs fashion from the Congo).

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Dua Lipa was in Barbie. How is that not worldwide cultural relevance?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Goldskull posted:

Probably because she's an even worse actor than Beyonce. She has what, a line and a half in Barbie and it looks like they just used the best one out of 50 takes.
See also using her all over the trailers/ads for Argylle, which she's in for less than a minute. I don't particularly care for her music but she should stay in that lane.
I was only being light-hearted, but honestly, the fact they feel shoehorning her in to movies is worthwhile does suggest she has cultural relevance. The real enigma to me is Taylor Swift. She's the largest star on the planet but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you which song was hers. I could point out a Dua Lipa or Billie Eilish song, but somehow Swift has literally completely bypassed me. I know what she looks like, and the basic details of her dispute over her masters, but aurally zilch. No idea what her music sounds like, no idea what she sounds like when she talks.

#OldManYelllingAtClouds

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 16, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Gambrinus posted:

Handed my notice in first thing this morning via email and still not had any acknowledgement of it back. I only work on the main site on Fridays so don't really fancy driving over there in person to tell them I'm quitting as per my email.

What do? I would've expected something back off the boss.
Phone call? cc HR?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Tory Government acting illegally shocker...

https://twitter.com/WildJustice_org/status/1780131832928821286

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

A rare bit of good news; the high court threw out the case against the jury nullification sign lady.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/apr/22/judge-throws-out-case-against-uk-climate-activist-trudi-warner-sign-jurors-rights

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

It can be annoying, but everyone really should have a lock on their phone; there's now too much access to stuff on them

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2024/mar/02/i-was-in-despair-how-lending-a-phone-led-to-life-savings-being-stolen

Admittedly the lady in this story shots themselves in the foot at every opportunity: don't reuse pin/passwords, don't store them unencrypted, don't keep your banking cards in your phone case, etc.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I forgot to do my postal vote. If i make it from home in time, I'll take it to the polling station to hand in. gently caress voter id voter suppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I dropped my postal vote at the polling station. There's a new rule now and you have to fill out a form, they can't just add it to a collection pouch.