Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

BalloonFish posted:

She's a conventionally attractive white blonde woman with a big boobs. She hosted SNL and had fun with some of the jokes that referenced her chest. In the minds of certain deranged reactionaries that means that Woke Is Dead Now, because all us lefties are joyless scolds who actively hate 'conventional beauty' and are trying to Culturally Marxism our way to the destruction of Western Society by filling media and vidya with buff, short/blue-haired trans women who hate men and can't take a joke.

It's the dumbest thing (so far). It's all projection. Sydney Sweeney has said or done nothing of a political nature (in any direction) but because she went on TV in a low-cut dress and made some Hooters gags she's now a conservative darling. Really pathetic. And dumb.

They'll inevitably find something to cancel her about. Since she hasn't actively done anything to earn their admiration other than 'exist', she won't even have to do anything to lose it. She'll just appear in the wrong film, or say some innocuous word or phrase that will trigger them and then they'll be able to rage about how Woke Has Even Captured The Pretty Women With Big Cans.
https://twitter.com/fiImgal/status/1771607175766438194?t=uyXWYcUMBg9p6gRki1iEbw&s=19

Imagine producing and starring in a horror movie about a nun waking up pregnant in a convent and two weeks before your big marketing push half the us decides you're a paragon of christian virtues for no other reason than your titties are big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Honest Davion posted:

When I listen to music at work it's usually an audio assault on me to cover the sound of the CNC Mill. It made for a very quiet time last week when I turned it off because of a contractor working in the area, I figured some people probably find a cacophony of Swedish death metal a bit distracting to work around.

I mean probably still better than the same songs each day on Absolute Radio that the rest of the factory has, but ya know
When i was working at a place with a radio on all day absolute radio was a godsend because while they played the same songs every day they at least had a day long no repeats playlist and like 6 different themed stations.

When they put on capital or kiss instead it felt like they had 4 tracks on repeat and one of them would be a remix of whatever one was already the most overplayed. I could have done with out listening to that loving happy song every 15 minutes of my working life for a year.