Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Kinda got the Jared Fogle face going on, which I guess is appropriate.

First thing that came to mind when I saw that picture is "When did Aatrek join the DUP?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Miftan posted:

So where do I get glue to fix my shoe sole, and does anyone have any recommendations?

Get a tube of impact adhesive. Probably the best general purpose glue for shoe repairs.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

fuctifino posted:

That's fair, but most humans would have at least a pre-prepared sentence or use some formal pleasantry to fill the airtime, rather than do the shocked and silent guilty-looking walk of shame.

What's so difficult about repeating "no comment" until they get bored?

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

sebzilla posted:

Proposal for the new rank of Idiot Komrade

Idiot Lord Protector.

Would require pemabanning a previous Idiot King in order to grant it, though.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

happyhippy posted:

Just noticed, on the bbc.com site, they have removed the UK politics page.
So can't even see what is happening internally now with the Tories and parliament.
Can't even read about NI politics either.

It's still there. The BBC website has a habit of occasionally dropping random topics off the top menu bar. You should still be able to get it through the More tab.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Paladinus posted:

Hm... How can they be sure that ID-less man is Boris Johnson?

Pick 3 random local children. If at least 1 has matching blond unkempt hair, it's Bojo.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

TACD posted:

If you’re a Tory MP now why wouldn’t you defect TBH, unless you’re in one of the most Tory seats in the country it seems like an obvious move

Nobody likes a turncoat. I can't casually remember any recent defector actually retaining their seat at the next general election. Plus, parachuting defectors into safe seats in front of party members who have done the time to earn it would be disasterous for morale. Not that I think Starmer wouldn't do it if he thought it might get him half a point in the polls.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Guavanaut posted:

The (fairly obvious sounding, but still worth proper study) links between small houses and bedrooms becoming dangerous from even short use of a gas appliance the other side of the house are even more of a problem for the UK than the US, and there was the famous lawsuit around the death of Ella Kissi-Debrah in London from paediatric asthma, and yet I've not seen anything similar to Sadiq Khan breaking into your home and stealing your cooker gas hob buyback campaigns for induction cooktops, just lots of Net Zero marketing around boiler replacement, which isn't really a direct indoor air quality initiative.

There's nothing concrete yet, but there's a definite consensus in the kitchen industry that the days of gas hobs are numbered. Gas ovens are already vanishingly rare, because they offer no advantages over an electric oven. A lot of people still prefer gas hobs, because they're more responsive to adjustment than standard electric ones. Induction hobs are beginning to push them out, as they offer all the advantages of cooking on gas, without the disadvantages of being a pain to clean and occasionally exploding your house.

Edit: There are building regulations on minimum ventilation extraction rates for new builds and renovations, but these are routinely ignored.

Soylent Yellow fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 8, 2024

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Bobstar posted:

Our flat in London had a nice extractor hood over the gas hob :smuggo:

Of course we later discovered it wasn't actually connected to anything. Just a round hose hole at the top, leading nowhere

Extractors can be fitted as a recirculator if there's no option to vent them. They use replaceable charcoal filters to remove some odours and grease. Better than nothing, but won't do much for the really small particulates.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

smellmycheese posted:

Place your bets Gentlemen…

Starmer's going to try very hard to kick off every PMQs with a defection, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Pistol_Pete posted:

This outcome is entirely consistent with flying a helicopter through thick fog, over a mountain range.

That said, Israel is absolutely brazen enough to have done it as well. In conclusion, :shrug:

I'm always surprised that global elites will go anywhere near helicopters. They seem to lust for the blood of billionaires and world leaders. Pretty sure we can chalk this up as an accident.

Edit: Sorry to hear about your bad news, Jaeluni. Fellow Welsh goon hoping for the best.

Soylent Yellow fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 19, 2024