Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Just seconding this. In Malaysia they’re called roti prata and I sometimes daydream about flying to the other side of the world to eat them. There’s a variant where they sandwich a bunch of lamb between two large sheets of prata called Murtabak and it’s greasy and glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

It's a bunch of minced meat bound together with eggs fried on a griddle and wrapped in the prata/chapati dough. You can get it in some of the Malaysian restaurants in London but its a far, far cry from the real thing.

If your pastry skills are up to snuff you can try making it at home. The ingredients are easily available anywhere (in contrast to some of the more arcane Malaysian recipes) but the execution is very technical.

My pastry skills are currently non-existent, but perhaps I should free up some time to have a go because that would be a lot cheaper than flying across the world for (amazing) street food.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Coincidentally I’ve found the little hate for Disco Elysium online often revolves around the ultra liberal/authoritarianism/enlightened centrist paths in the game by people who were excited by and identified with the options only to quickly realise the creators think anyone with those views are loving morons and deserve ridicule.

Which would parse in this case.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Working in a very protected part of the country I’ve always been completely outraged at the sheer volume of game birds estates are allowed to release despite being adjacent to, or frequently a part of, designated areas. The birds immediately leave the estate to areas they can’t get shot and compete with our actually native and frequently struggling species.

This is confirmation of the sort of crap people in the area assumed was going on, which is nice to have at least.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’ve found that aside from the occasional asshat the driving in this country to be consistently above the global average.