Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Skarsnik posted:

are you allowed to wear a hat in the commons

It has to have been acquired by your noble family prior to the death of Richard III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Yeah but doing regular MP stuff, whether in Westminster or constituency stuff, doesn't exactly help aggrandize him.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Tai posted:

OK so Rochdale voted in Galloway (the only choice) to show their disproval of Israel being a bunch of massive cunts because there was no one else with that view.

I'm dying on this hill before giving credit to Georgre for being pro Palestine. Everything smells like a grift with him.

I'm much inclined to agree. I'll extend Rochdale the benefit of the doubt until the General at least, then we'll see.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

It's just not on in an ostensibly democratic, free and open society, for people to express discontent with or at their representatives.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ItohRespectArmy posted:

this is one of the weakest pm speeches ever lol, he's not going to make it to the general

I'm not sure he's going to make it to the end of his speech

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

You forgot to add the microplastics

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Bizarre choice of venue for a photoshoot!

Apparently she wants to be known as the Iron Chancellor.

I know, I know, don't kink shame.

Meanwhile in dead bird chat: Douglas Henshall (the actor) seems like a good egg.

The English Mansion energy is off the charts

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

To be fair they may have meant "What did the electorate think was wrong with the Lib Dem candidate?" which isn't necessarily the same thing as what this thread thinks. If Lab and Tories are both ruled out it does seem like the next option would be LDs.

I was also burned by them in 2010, unfortunately I can't even actually bitch that much because I got what I wanted most, a PR referendum. I just didn't expect, at the time, that the ads against it would be so cynical and effective* or that the country would go "Actually no thanks on a fairer, more representative voting system!" Fool me, little did I appreciate that it barely scratched the surface of what dumb things people will choose.

* I don't think I'll ever forget that Sports Day one. drat they owned our asses.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I can't even wrap my head around the consequences of an outcome like that. That's the kind of ridiculous result that only happens when you're abusing a game mechanic in Vicky or something. It's also making me want to vote Lab because useless spunk-filled johnnies though they may be, the lure of the bants is strong.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jedit posted:

People saying that they're willing to support an act of immense harm to the UK because it would be funny is a part of why we're no longer in the EU.

This is just picking the color of rosette on the dickheads who are going to gently caress us over. It's not equivalent to Brexit where there was an actual choice to be made between No Changes and Lots Of Damage.

Also it's immaterial because I live in a seat that has been Labour since Thatcher's day.

Also come on you think "It'd be really loving funny if the Tories get wiped out" is a stance worth going against?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jedit posted:

They're not getting wiped out though, are they? As you said: they're just being replaced by other Tories with a different rosette. I'd find it far funnier to watch Starmer lose to this zombie shell of halfwits led by a halfpint who he's been trying to be even worse than to chase six senile boomer votes.

That would indeed be even funnier but it doesn't look like it's on the cards.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Bit confused why we're having a go at Keir the Lesser for this tbh, an MP doing something to say "I'm backing X Legislation" isn't exactly some rare new development and of course there's a million other things that need seeing to and Labour need crucifying for all their failures to attend to those, but I'm not sure why we're mad because one of them is doing something to make things better, no matter how minor that is or how small a slice of the world it ultimately impacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Oh, no, the photo op is whatever it's just to show their constituents "I care about this" and I don't care if we take the piss about that, it's the going after the actual issue that seems a bit off to me.