Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Just caught up with gorgeous George chat, naan chat and Rachel Reeves Cuck Chair chat and can contribute to knife chat.

Tramontina 17cm Cleaver is a good option but why the gently caress are you chopping fruit with a cleaver? Get a decent chefs knife if you don’t have one.

Grab something by Mercer Culinary as pretty solid price and a sharpening steel or a whetstone. If your budget is pretty high grab a Wustof, generally grab a couple of 15cm chef knifes, a pairing knife, bread knife, Cheese Knife, Carving Knife, Turning knife in that kind of order or priority. Most sets can be poo poo.

So what are the odds that the Tories pull a crash the economy budget then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Guavanaut posted:

John Cockwood disapproves of this extremism.

Bad news for Sir Keir and Michael Gove:

https://x.com/Stevo_Stonko/status/1764244211388256561?s=20

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

It would be interesting to know how much the whole RV ordeal and finance stuff has hurt the SNP, there are a sensible alternative to Labour in that they get votes in a FPTP system.

I would expect given Labour and the lurch to the right because who are the left in England going to vote for? Tories?

As for The Way, it seemed clumsy towards the end, if it had something like the third act of Children of Men it would work better.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

HopperUK posted:

No differences in particular that I've ever heard of. If you're feeling a difference though you *must* speak to your GP and get them to write your prescription as branded Ventolin.

Ventolin is pretty cheap and not really different in cost to any generic, they can do the same with Salamol which is about three times the cost but I guess compared to some stuff pretty cheap so they should be fine with it

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

On Corbs / Galloway I think their foreign policy and economic policies align pretty well but social policy they differ significantly.

Maiden speech should be interesting, hopefully selected Wednesday for PMQs

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I wonder if as an art installation you can put a solar powered starlink on top of a pole in the woods providing WiFi access that can only access the hub.

Theresa May said she is stepping down at an MP, I now want a General Election in June as it will be the end of May.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Hard pressed to find many goons who worked in an office before computers, I have worked with people who worked in offices before computers.

Mostly filing systems, index cards, telephones, typists, a lot more people doing the search for information, storage of information than what you would have now.

That and smoking at your desk.

My earliest was doing work experience for Airbus where I worked on improving a procurement system (form in outlook / excel lookup / someone putting the data in SAP) right around the A380 public launch. Even then there was internet and stuff.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I lived in Germany for a bit, it was alright, a little too much bureaucracy but I liked a lot of the odd little things, it has its issues but was kinda lovely.

Got offered my current job so moved back here but might work there or somewhere else Lee some other time.

Heard good things about Canada, noisy neighbours though and the Scandinavian countries seem decent.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The full picture looks more believable

So you are saying the bottom half doesn’t look AI generated or photoshopped in?

That just makes it worse. I am fully onboard this conspiracy theory as not had a fun believable one since save Britney.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

French press killing a Princess of Wales, wouldn’t be the first time

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

grobbo posted:

This summer: BALD WILL HUNTING.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Lee Anderson has been in more parties than Paris Hilton

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

People surprised we are talking much about this stuff seem to forget the “what colour was The Dress” when it comes to digital photo analysis that poo poo can go on for ages. (It was blue and black).

As for Diane Abbot, I will hear nothing bad against her. Drinking a mojito after a day in the underground is something anyone I respect would do.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

We aren’t really attacking Kate, everything seems to be based around the fact we are (legitimately or not) concerned she hasn’t been seen.

I was there back in 1990 where they changed the actress of Pippa from Home and Away. They gaslit us and said that it was Pippa, but it wasn’t Pippa, it was someone else.

The Royal Family can go down a Home and Away slippery slope of replacing people, we want to stop this The Sun, why do you support body snatchers?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Says I voted Tory in 2019 and will vote Labour in 2024 where I voted Labour in 2019 and at the moment undecided Labour/Greens 2024.

Managed to create a green:

A white man aged 18-24 from the South West, who owns a home in an urban area, is unemployed or sick and has a postgraduate degree has a:

🟢 39% chance of voting Green
🔴 34% Labour
🔵 9% Conservative

https://www.economist.com/interacti...t&density=Urban

I was erring towards the Average Green voter in Bristol but had to tweak some things. Popped in my old man and he is Tory 2019 voting Tory and expect he will or maybe one of the crazies.

Starbucks fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 12, 2024

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Been good catching up with thread, I have put multiple RIBs on my watch list on EBay and looked into what airlines fly from Rwanda and if I can get any Loyalty Points from Arsenal or increased away points.

I have also been deep into Kate MissingTok and can update you on a few of the latest theories:

- She is the masked singer
- There are cursed diamond which Charles is using which cannot be used by man explaining all the various ailments
- She is dating Pete Davidson and ran away with him

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Post transplant drugs aren’t really worth that, I would probably do the whole blood doping thing that would work better.

And I agree, if I was a billionaire and likely long before that I would have retired to some lovely place, have somewhere in the alps for skiing, a nice house in a warm area for the rest of the day and I would spend my time relaxed, looked after and shitposting.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I mean if they don’t bat an eyelid over Cho Chang and the Irish kid who is “good at explosives” there isn’t much that can help with that.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Am I a little too cynical to believe they included MEND to start a discussion around Labour actions during Iraq ahead of a General Election?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

crispix posted:

it is red nose day did yous wear funny nose and head shave bath of beans for to raise money for the starving children in africa hehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehe :holy:

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_hVXoeqH8

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Chris Evans and Lawrence Fox, I guess complete dickhead is a type.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Just mix Watermelon Monster with Vodka.

Alright here is your Kate update from the Crazy size of TikTok.

So apparently there was a lawyer/PR team around yesterday and the bbc has been put on notice for some kind of announcement soon. The word is that William got Rose Hanbury pregnant and that it could be a nervous breakdown.

Word is Rose hasn’t been seen either so this could be the soft launch of Rose.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Like Comic Relief it’s a bit of a classic, I think they did something for Corbyn. As for Rose twins and William I think that’s pretty likely, but as for Charles getting his side piece / William they need to… you know, deal with the problem.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

The photo, not seeing the children either, secrecy of it, fact they rolled her out in heels with the baby like a day after, no information.

It’s just suspect that’s all. If it wasn’t for the clearly not in March photo there wouldn’t be much said about it.

I have been fairly invested purely because I could do with a little crazy but believable conspiracy theory, but that photo put things into overdrive.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

In a decently insulated house air conditioning heats a room up faster than a radiator, and provides cooling in the summer. Our obsession with radiators is crap.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I can’t see them replacing the leader before the election, or rather I wouldn’t see any sensible MP wanting to replace him as leader before a general election as whoever loses will likely need to leave anyway.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

For new builds (as I have one) it’s about keeping heat out. Thermal blinds / curtains, keeping windows and doors shut and such can keep it pretty bearable for a bit but if it gets really warm then getting a portable air con unit is needed.

But they are still not fitting air source heat pumps but gas boilers.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

kingturnip posted:

It is getting hard to tell who in this thread is still engaging with the 'Kate is dead' conspiracy for the ironic lols and who's genuinely invested.

I’m here for the memes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeP2joYh/

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Lid-awls round here

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

None of this would have happened if everyone voted for chaos with Ed Miliband like I did

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

The Question IRL posted:

Kate Middleton doesn't look like Kate Middleton when you take long distance photos of her. That's why you have to use the Marchioness of Cholmondeley.

Is it me or are there also Christmas Decorations on those huts

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Paladinus posted:

They don't have the rights to the video but also want people to click their article when it shows up on google, and it's more likely to happen if the article has an image attached to it. That's why they've put an archive photo that they have rights to even if it's not recent.

Yeah I think that is it, likely they saw there was no photo in The Sun and quite rightly sold it to the highest bidder to make some coin.

As for the whole Kate conspiracy stuff, I suspect now it is just the case the PR team are a little poo poo and/or they are going full fake it until we make it (king and queen)

As for Rishi, no point burning another Tory leader before the election which has to happen by December. Anyone sensible will not go for it and we will just end up with Liz Truss 2.0. Or maybe it is an excuse to have more PM lords appointments to stack them before the death of the Tory party.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Thatcherism also meant selling off public assets for short term gain. Unfortunately we no longer have many public assets.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Just Another Lurker posted:

I wish to thank Thatcher for enabling me to buy my (still in it) council house 23 years ago for £11,500. :stonklol:

Still wish the RA had gotten a teeny bit more lucky that night. :shrug:

Right to buy is now also changing so the councils don’t keep all the money from next financial year, 20-25% will now go to the government! Just the help council needs with many looking at bankruptcy.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

El Grillo posted:

Hello UKMT, anyone in here own an EV? I'm trying to work out whether Octopus or Ovo's ev tariffs are awful or not and my brain hurts. p.s. the energy prices regime in this country is so loving stupid

Starting off with a swift “Don’t buy a Tesla” that may also apply to others who dislike tactile stuff.

I am with Octopus and the answer is going to be based on how many miles you will do, if you have storage batteries, and how much usage you have at the moment.

I made myself a Jupyter Notebook for it because I’m a big nerd, but if you are able to shift the majority of your usage to the off peak time you are golden, if not it does depend on mileage and what your mpkwh is.

If you are getting batteries at some point then you can offload your usage off-peak.

Then there is Octopus Agile, which does it based on a schedule - now if you have solar panels and no battery this might work better for you and did for me, I lobbed my data through said python and it said I would save around £100/year compared to Octopus Go so I am looking to change that but not got round to it. If you have your usage data I can probably tidy up the script a bit.

Edit: Charles has butt cancer

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

As someone in a new build on the edge of a village and nice countryside: lol

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Put all your clothes in a pillowcase and use it as a pillow on the flight

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

St Bun didn’t rise from the ashes to get a tick on his glorious bun!

Warburtons giant teacakes are better, don’t @ me

Edit: I thought warburtons do them, who does giant teacakes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

NotJustANumber99 posted:

People died for that flag thousands of years ago

Seems a bit silly dying for a bit of cloth.

I care more about the eye watering cost of a T-Shirt likely to get you banned from places because they think you might glass someone than a little part of it which isn’t part of the main logo in three lions anyway.