Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Afternoon everyone.

Last call reminder, for all London / near London people who want to join myself and thousands of others tomorrow the march begins at noon in Hyde Park.

More info here: https://palestinecampaign.org/events/national-demonstration-ceasefire-now-stop-the-genocide-in-gaza/

Hope you can make it or go to your nearest alternative protest, wherever you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

killerwhat posted:

Thanks for this, assuming it was you posting a couple of weeks ago too. I probably wouldn’t have been aware of it otherwise. On my way there now :)

Good on you mate, heading there right now as I type this. Stay safe!

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Well done everyone who turned out today if you made it. It was a long old protest from Hyde Park Corner to Battersea! Nothing but good vibes from everyone, really respectful and peaceful march. Once again, massive, massive loving respect for the Jewish community who joined, especially the people standing about halfway through the protest that were sons and daughters of Holocaust survivors - those guys got serious love from all that passed.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Gove is such a wriggly little toad of a man and about as textbook an example of a politician not answering the question put to them as it gets. Glad he's getting dragged and pinned a bit, not that he'll ever give a gently caress, the weasel.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Occasionally in this thread and when I go shopping in a supermarket, I see the front pages of the mainstream papers and I am just loving bewildered at how utterly dumb and badly designed they are. It is such an affront to the senses that it veers into parody. Just the dumbest possible shite on virtually every cover that a quick glance would make you'd think you were looking at the gossip rags next to the sweets at the checkout rather than how a significant chunk of the UK gets its news.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

xtothez posted:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I suspect that might be a photoshop

Can it, David Icke, you've gone too far.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Shout out to all the teachers and ex-teachers itt. I was an ESL teacher for 5/6 years and it was easily the most difficult, draining jobs I've ever done.

Had a few people on Facebook comment when I started saying how lucky I was to have X amount of hours teaching, thinking that classroom time was just in and out, no prep, no marking, to which I still say the same thing: I dare you to teach.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Let's see what David Icke's been up to, said no-one:

https://twitter.com/bryn_boranga/status/1777802248644428164?t=4MpAb_oQesSh1UsmPO0kvw

Aha.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Fifa games might have all had big band names on the OSTs but they have never, ever put out a song that even gets close to the absolute joy / horror of Pro Evo in its glory days.
https://youtu.be/tFRivG2sFqA?si=aJfoCbuexziNuNQN

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I am so tired of culture wars. So very, very tired. I never want to hear the word "woke" ever again and I want all the people who try and profit from whining over anything uncontroversial to be tossed into the oubliette immediately.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

keep punching joe posted:

These look quite horrible

Why on earth would you gently caress with the greatest drink on Earth? These are an abomination.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
loving gutted about Albini's passing. That guy was responsible for about 2/3rds of the bands and albums I loved growing up.

Everyone at school was into Korn, Oasis, Rage Against The Machine etc. and there was moody little me, scowling and listening to Big Black. Songs About loving is still one of the most raw, spiteful albums I've ever heard.

RIP to a real one, he was an absolute giant when it came to recreating a bands best ever live set in the studio. He's setting up 17 mics around the drum kit in the afterlife now.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

HopperUK posted:

He was probably the least offensive Tory PM possible but still chose deliberately to be a Tory under Thatcher so was a complete monster. Just a quiet, accountant-like one.

To his credit, he acted pretty quickly on hand gun laws after Dunblane, introducing the 97 Firearms Amendment Act (though this could have gone further imo). Apart from that, Tory as usual as far as I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Bozza posted:

this is deeply illegal in the UK and any union that tried it would be closed down and fined for loss of profits/revenue - it's always brought up but you cannot do this under current trade union legislation

I believe it was Thatcher who made this illegal but need to double check.