Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
No state has the right to exist except the British state which he endorsed wholeheartedly two years ago in an alliance with the far right in which encouraged people to vote Tory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Pretty sure I just saw someone cosplaying as The Unknown in Glasgow Central.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
No use to anyone but there is a Kurdish Shawarma place in Govanhill that does amazing flatbread, and will give you like 5 for a pound.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Scottish voting intentions for next UK general election (Survation / Quantum Communications, 14th-20th February 2024) posted:

SNP 38% (+2)
Labour 33% (-1)
Conservatives 15% (-1)
Liberal Democrats 8% (-)

Seats projection (with changes from 2019 general election): SNP 37 (-11), Labour 14 (+13), Liberal Democrats 4 (-), Conservatives 2 (-4)

Looking good Scotlab

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Leftist stats delivers.

Tories dangerously close to losing out to Plaid and Greens lol

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1764593034195354000?t=ci2JPfxuUaImOOQnZs6JCQ&s=19

Na h-Eileanan an Iar ain't going Labour.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Ms Adequate posted:

I can't even wrap my head around the consequences of an outcome like that. That's the kind of ridiculous result that only happens when you're abusing a game mechanic in Vicky or something. It's also making me want to vote Lab because useless spunk-filled johnnies though they may be, the lure of the bants is strong.

After a certain threshold FPTP breaks, see Scotland 2015 for example. Though that was a wave of rage and optimism that brought that about. Starmer Labour are like the anti charisma party sensibly avoiding anything that looks like positive change.

So they'll probably gently caress it.

Also lmao

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Watching that Adam Curtis / Martin Michael Sheen drama 'The Way' and gotta say, it's pretty terrible.

I do like The Welsh Catcher though, driving around border towns with a big zoo cage full of Welsh people on the bed of his truck.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 4, 2024

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Got my Sheens mixed up.

Though bizarrely Emilio Estvez directed Martin Sheen in a 2010 movie also titled The Way.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
quote !== edit

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
That's weird because just a couple of years/months ago he was claiming a globilalist agenda to push Marxism funded by George Soros and that the Jewish lobby has a disproportionate influence in American politics. Which sounds a bit anti semitic conspiracy theory adjacent to me.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why does anyone want to ban puppy snuggling? Weird freaks.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Do people not just go to their local garage any more and buy an old Fiat panda for 500 quid and running it till it dies like my mum has been doing for the past 30 years.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kate looking fine and healthy, those photos should put the rumours to bed.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The solution is not to gripe and complain about who makes £20k or £30k or £70k a year. The solution is solidarity and the willingness to strangle the landlords, aristocrats, and CEOs.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The 70k guy should probably cut back his expenses a bit though. Like maybe have a worse car and a shopping budget for a starter. I managed to save aggressively enough on a sub 25k salary that I could put down 20% on a lovely house in a lovely area after a few years (not having a dependent spouse and kids did help mind you, as did living in a literal slum with very low rent), but you can probably make it work if you are willing to live more basically.

I'm sure there's a suitable dril meme for these financially embarrassed professionals.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Question IRL posted:

When you have kids, literally everything terrifies you on some level that it will in some way kill your kids.
That sliced chicken that is one day past it's best before date? I'll be fine to eat that.
But give it to your kid? Hell no, they could get sick.

This also applies to cars. When you have kids, you want a safe car. That means you are reluctant to get a car that's too cheap, for fear it's a death trap. Then you have to look at a larger car that can hold you kids. And you want a car that is safer for the kids to be in.

It's one of the reasons there are so many SUV's out there.

Maybe my parenting was different because we ate meat that my dad bought in the pub and the kids rolled around in the boot of the estate car along with the dogs.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Found another article with rich people moaning about their lot in life

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/saving-and-banking/new-pip-system-scrapping-iht-budget-help-2927353

quote:

Jessica also owns two buy-to-let properties. One is in Southampton and the other is in Durham. Jessica would like to see significant changes to how landlords are taxed.

She said: “There is literally no money in renting out property now. Most landlords are covering all the costs involved, including any mortgage and the cost of all repairs.

“Many are operating at a loss. The system for taxable income on buy-to-let homes needs to change. Many landlords are keeping people in homes and keeping the rental market going, often in very difficult circumstances. They need more support. Landlords should be incentivised to stay in the market. Incentives for landlords would also help alleviate the shortfall in rental properties in popular areas.”

:guillotine:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Man mephedrone was great, what a time to be alive.

Edit : terrible snype 23 is a sacred number hail eris, all hail dischordia.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Limmy already declared a blanket ban on all Wonka patter after Sunday.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Nice

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Going well in Britain then.

Byeline Times posted:

Around half of all British people would choose to leave the UK and move themselves and their families to another country, if given the opportunity to do so, according to an exclusive new poll for Byline Times.

As recent polls suggest that most Brits are now unhappy with the direction the UK is headed in, pollsters Omnisis asked voters whether they would now prefer to live abroad.

45% of all respondents said they would take up the opportunity to leave, compared to just 35% who said they wouldn’t.

Once ‘don’t knows’ were excluded, 56% of all respondents said they would emigrate away from Britain if given the chance.

The poll found differing levels of attachment to the UK among voters for each political party.

Liberal Democrats were the most likely to say they would choose to remain in the UK, with just 34% saying they would quit the country. Voters for the Scottish National Party, which endorses Scotland leaving the Union, were the most likely to say they would leave.

https://bylinetimes.com/2023/02/24/brexit-britain-half-of-brits-would-choose-to-leave-uk/

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Apparently Dave Rowntree from Blur has been selected as a Labour candidate for Westminster. Given the way he drunkenly bullied Nardwuar he should fit right in with the PLP.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can we use the goon solidarity fund to buy prior Marcus' mum a DS?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kids today would rather craft elaborate palaces in Minecraft and do TikTok dances than construct flimsy structures from old pallets in the woods.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The tug truck

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The guy from the divine comedy is running for Sinn Fein.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Source : I made it up

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Guy from kula Shaker running for laurence fox's party.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Not liking jazz is a red flag imo, especially not liking jazz and opting to play a banjo possibly the whitest of all instruments.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

The banjo is an African-American instrument which was co-opted by whites, but has always had exceptional black players up to current day standouts like Rhiannon Giddens. But I guess we're talking about the same thing

The whites are at it again :banjo:

vvv what the hell, today I learned Jackie Tyler was in King Ralph!

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 8, 2024

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The whitest instrument is that weird drum Irish people play... until you run up against historical British prejudices about the racial grouping of the Irish that is.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yaxley has the same mass-amount of racism as an average British man, but it's just condensed in a much smaller body so that it reaches criticality

Racism singularity

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I convinced my dad to buy an Amiga because he could use it for work and do invoices and things. The joke was on him, he couldn't, none of the business software was compatible and we never got the printer to work. I did get to play a lot of Lemmings though.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Maybe Kate has dermatillomania brought on by being part of the world's most hosed in the head family.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kate is fine, thriving even.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Do we think 50% of people support ditching echr? Not sure I want to know the answer.

Will hazard a guess that at least 50% don't even know what it is, or are not qualified to even make that decision.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is this going to turn out to be some Midjourney thing, or just overzealous use of the Google magic eraser.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

smellmycheese posted:

Cheggers has done a video and looks at deaths door

Loved you in rise of skywalker.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
UK about to kick of bald king Summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Trump is going to leave UK / NATO with its arse hanging out when he gets elected