Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Man, do I love me some ginger ale. It’s the best soft drink and here’s why.

* It’s not sugary or acidic like cola and doesn’t leave your mouth and teeth feeling gross
* you can mix it with drinks if you desire or drink it as-is in a big frosty cup with ice
* it quenches your thirst on a hot summer day better than any cola or soft drink can
* you can pretend it’s champagne and put it in a nice goblet to look and feel hoity-toity
* it’s a great medicinal drink for when you’re sick with a bad ailment or the bubble guts
* pairs great with a lot of meals, and even if it doesn’t it’s still a better choice than cola
* it’s goddamn motherfucking delicious and amazing and incredible holy gently caress

I’m not particular to one brand of ginger ale. Schweppes, Canada Dry, Seagram’s, they’re all good. Hell, even Vernors, a sweeter non-dry ginger ale kicks much rear end. My absolute favorite ginger ale comes from Coke Freestyle machines, though because you can get Seagrams with vanilla which is life-changing. I really wish they sold vanilla ginger ale in stores.

Now, I’m not knocking cola or other soft drinks, but drinks like Coke and Pepsi are meh to me. I don’t like the mouth feel after drinking one, and I feel tired and kinda gross after imbibing so much caffeine and sugar in one go. Same thing with root beer, which I happen to like but still don’t drink often for similar bad feelings. If I had to choose something other than ginger ale, lemon-lime sodas like 7-Up and Sprite are alright (just lol at Starry when Sierra Mist was fine).

Drink what you like, goons, but if you like ginger ale as much as I do, well then you are a cool and good person :hai: Thanks for taking the time to read about why ginger ale is the GOAT soft drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I rarely drink soft drinks, but every time I fly I always order and ginger ale. I don't know exactly why, it just feels like the right choice.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why would you drink Ginger Ale when Ginger Beer exists?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i guess it's ok if you enjoy not being immune to malaria

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Ginger beer is a good choice, too :cheers:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I used to prefer cock and bull but it became too hard to find. Now I love fever tree bold and spicy, it's so drat good. I can't wait to get sick cuz I know it'll be the best part

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Yeah, no. Can I get a Fresca instead?

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

OP I agree and usually I’m not a gatekeeper but it has to be Canada Dry because that’s the OG ginger ale, Canada isn’t all bad (just mostly)

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

More restaurants and places of business that dispense soft drinks like gas stations and movie theaters should have a ginger ale option, IMO. That’s why Coke Freestyle machines rule.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Fully agreed, OP.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Ginger Ale is pretty dope, ngl.

I just wish places had it in diet form. I know "diet" pop is bad and even worse than regular, but I'm sick of having to drink diet coke or pepsi or whatever the gently caress places have when I go out to eat.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You ever had janjerel op?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

lmao

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
ginger ale is great for all the reasons you listed above. a cold ginger ale is also one of the best ways to relieve a burning throat after taking a big rip off a bong

tonight i just grabbed a 4 pack of this black cherry canada dry made with cane sugar, it's pretty drat satisfying

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wasnt one of the GBS threads constantly getting derailed by home made ginger ale/beer chat?

that was a good derail

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

If I went to a diner and they didn't have ginger ale I'd flip the table over and walk out

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
You need some Ale 8. Smooth and not chemical like the "big soda" version of ginger ale.

https://ale8one.com/

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I associate drinking ginger ale with being sick.

The Smuggest Cat
Jun 19, 2011
Gosling's has a peach ginger beer that's really good

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Canada dry made some white tea with raspberry ginger ale several years ago.

It was hard as gently caress to find and whenever I did I treated that poo poo like the gold that it was.

Haven't seen it in years.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
The only good part about being sick as a kid was getting some ginger ale.

Gonna agree, it’s a pretty satisfying drink. And most (all?) brands don’t have caffeine so you can keep drinking it any time.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

not a fan of cranberry canada dry. too mediciney. blackberry is where it's at.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Polar Golden Extra Bold

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Big Red

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Junk posted:

not a fan of cranberry canada dry. too mediciney. blackberry is where it's at.

hell yeah brother

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

weg posted:

I rarely drink soft drinks, but every time I fly I always order and ginger ale. I don't know exactly why, it just feels like the right choice.

We always did this growing up. Every time we got on a plane it was ginger ale. Drinking anything else felt wrong

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Canada Dry is the only zero sugar soda that doesn't have that weird metallic taste. Good stuff.

And agreed that gingerale is the best drink for flying. I'll usually notice if they're offering it because 90% of the passengers in front of me also order it.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Making a ginger ale float with some vanilla ice cream rules as well.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I don't remember if I like ginger ale, last time I had it was on a plane when I was maybe 12. I had some crystallized ginger and ginger chocolate recently and it was okay.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

MoonshineWilly posted:

Making a ginger ale float with some vanilla ice cream rules as well.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

i miss that pink raspberry schweppes they used to have. it was so nice and light and fun

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
yall ever have mint ginger ale

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yes why do you ask

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Flavor Bear posted:

yall ever have mint ginger ale

No but I had a ginger beer recent and thought a ginger beer mojito would probably be awesome

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

i get these when i can find them:

drink it ice cold and it makes you feel warm on the inside as it goes down

edit: wrong image

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Junk posted:

i get these when i can find them:

drink it ice cold and it makes you feel warm on the inside as it goes down

edit: wrong image

I bought a bunch of stock in reeds cause I like their sodas and it was like 8cents and then they like double reverse split or something and anyway all of the sudden I had like .7 of a share worth like $5 and then basically overnight that turned into like worth a penny again, anyway I should probably uninstall Robinhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Yes why do you ask

Springtime flavors on the horizon brother. Thinking the new Pollen & Moss is gonna be this year’s standout.