Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

MoonshineWilly posted:

Making a ginger ale float with some vanilla ice cream rules as well.

Apparently, mixing vanilla ice cream with Vernors is called a Boston cooler and has been a regional thing in the northeastern US for well over a century. But yeah, I did this with Canada Dry long before the internet existed and I knew what a Boston cooler even was. Really drat good.

Junk posted:

i get these when i can find them:

drink it ice cold and it makes you feel warm on the inside as it goes down

I know I’ve seen Reed’s at Kroger in the past, but I haven’t checked in some time. World Market always stocks it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Grey Cat posted:

I don't remember if I like ginger ale, last time I had it was on a plane when I was maybe 12. I had some crystallized ginger and ginger chocolate recently and it was okay.

Followup post.
We were in the store and saw some ginger ale bottles (boylan bottling co. :shrug:) and said something like, "Wasn't there a ginger ale thread?" Long story short picked up some grape soda and ginger ale, two things I thought were icky as a kid.

Results are that both are amazing. I don't know what the gently caress I was thinking as a kid hating on ginger ale??? It's like sprite but gingery instead. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it's far and away from my least favorite sodas (looking at you creme soda)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

E: double post

zone
Dec 6, 2016

wesleywillis posted:

Canada dry made some white tea with raspberry ginger ale several years ago.

It was hard as gently caress to find and whenever I did I treated that poo poo like the gold that it was.

Haven't seen it in years.

Canada Dry was pretty much one of my favorites growing up.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
My grocery store (Wegmans) lists ginger ale separately from soft drinks in the overhead signage for the aisle. Is ginger ale not a soft drink?

But yes, agreed OP. Along with a shoutout to root beer (specifically barqs. A&W has too much vanilla)

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Cyks posted:

Is ginger ale not a soft drink?

its just that good tbh

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cyks posted:

But yes, agreed OP. Along with a shoutout to root beer (specifically barqs. A&W has too much vanilla)

I'm also on the barq train for my rootbeer of choice. Other's are too vanilla-y but that makes them superior for floats just not so much for my personal drinking.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Maybe

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I just realized I have a bottle of ginger beer in my fridge. Should I drink it? Its been there for probably a year. I hope its not flat.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Big Red

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grey Cat posted:

Followup post.
We were in the store and saw some ginger ale bottles (boylan bottling co. :shrug:) and said something like, "Wasn't there a ginger ale thread?" Long story short picked up some grape soda and ginger ale, two things I thought were icky as a kid.

Results are that both are amazing. I don't know what the gently caress I was thinking as a kid hating on ginger ale??? It's like sprite but gingery instead. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it's far and away from my least favorite sodas (looking at you creme soda)

creme soda owns too

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Milo and POTUS posted:

creme soda owns too

Too sweet for me. Same reason I don't like birthday type cakes. Don't want a soda that's like drinking icing.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
A good ginger beer like fever tree is great for a Dark and Stormy which is basically a Moscow mule but instead of using lovely vodka you use dark rum and don't pour it in some bullshit copper mug but a highball glass.

It's really loving good and if I ever went back to drinking it would be my cocktail of choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Beefed Owl posted:

A good ginger beer like fever tree is great for a Dark and Stormy which is basically a Moscow mule but instead of using lovely vodka you use dark rum and don't pour it in some bullshit copper mug but a highball glass.

It's really loving good and if I ever went back to drinking it would be my cocktail of choice.

It's a good cocktail. I still think that ginger beer mojito has potential but I don't drink anymore