Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I know its a shameless copy and I don't care about Marvel anything, but I actually am intrigued at a third person team fighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Take Two is buying Gearbox from Embracer for half a billion

https://embracer.com/releases/embra...e-software-inc/

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

More games should let you play as Magik. So that's cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Glad more devs are able to get out from Embracer.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

embracer paid one and a half billion for them 3 years ago btw

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

homeless snail posted:

embracer paid one and a half billion for them 3 years ago btw

.....the business genious.....

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
pitchford rides again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zokari posted:

.....the business genious.....

It would have been genius if Saudi Arabia had bailed him out.... now he's done his part to slouch the industry towards catastrophe

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Turns out you can just sue companies for making video games too good

(There are def predatory game practices, but the way this article is framed is dumb as hell)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Invictus posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S WHAT I'VE WANTED SINCE THE drat GAME CAME OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3svmrkl3_M&hd=1

SHIP CUSTOMIZATION! and crashed ships can be harvested for parts to customize your ship!!!! Yeeeessssss

All the other stuff is neat too but gets completely eclipsed by ship building!

So.. between this and games like X4, I'm not actually sure... what does Star Citizen actually have to offer that these other games aren't already doing? And by already doing, I mean doing, because as far as I understand it Star Citizen STILL hasn't come out and is currently just sweating it out waiting for the Department of Justice to go,"Hang on.... money laundering is a crime... :aaa:"

fridge corn posted:

I guess I should go back and finish Pentiment

You... haven't finished Pentiment...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhn_AyrpDI&t=6s

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 28, 2024

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what star citizen offers is that heady mix of guys who have already spent tens of thousands of dollars on an investment that will never bear fruit and people who are convinced that they're riding the wave of The Future on a breakthrough product that other people are too stupid to understand the potential of. if it hadn't been from the kickstarter era, it would've been a crypto scam instead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

So.. between this and games like X4, I'm not actually sure... what does Star Citizen actually have to offer that these other games aren't already doing? And by already doing, I mean doing, because as far as I understand it Star Citizen STILL hasn't come out and is currently just sweating it out waiting for the Department of Justice to go,"Hang on.... money laundering is a crime... :aaa:"
it was nfts before nfts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I gotta admit I am legitimately surprised to read (if I'm reading right) that Star Citizen has NOT somehow tried to get in on a crypto-scam... I guess just regular scamming is enough?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i think even chris roberts knew better than to touch crypto. or at least not to gently caress up his existing good thing

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I gotta admit I am legitimately surprised to read (if I'm reading right) that Star Citizen has NOT somehow tried to get in on a crypto-scam... I guess just regular scamming is enough?

setting up a parallel NFT marketplace would probably be seen as devaluing the previous dollar investments and piss of the jpg buyers, and transitioning the whole shebang over to the blockchain would be fraught with complications and likely be deeply unpopular with what i assume is an investor base that largely skewed older

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is he still funding Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell's retirement funds by making fanfic movies starring them?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jerusalem posted:

I had only started it when it released on psn and had to put it to the side for Rebirth :shobon: back on it now

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jerusalem posted:

i also haven't finished pentiment. to be fair, i havent started it either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/1773201345111048438

This is text from the second Somnium Files so almost certainly a tease for something

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Layoffs at UK SEGA studios, and they’re letting Relic go independent.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sega-sells-relic-and-will-cut-240-jobs-across-uk-studios

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Met this guy at a convention, the company was selling theme park design services.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mamma mia

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:gonk:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Khanstant posted:

There are zoomers who will never know the feeling of sitting in a car on the way back from the store, reading the manual to learn the game and admiring the cool art and stories printed next to them before you get to play.

Gameboy and nes games had some great manuals. I missed out on the pc manuals because I didn't have a computer good enough to play those games. My dad got like 100 shareware games so I mostly played stuff like stunt, doom, wolfenstein, commander keen and indiana jones secret of atlantis

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I saw a video about how good Peter Jackson's King Kong The Official Game Of The Movie is so I started Peter Jackson's King Kong The Official Game Of The Movie and hey, it's pretty fuckin good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've got a Witcher 1 PC Box somewhere, where iirc the manual is like a book. It's chonky. Maybe the 'newest' (read: last) actual manual I own.

Also I'll always remember WET's manual has a character section that just... straight up spoils the mid-game twist.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The newest Guilty Gear song is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP9GPsdga6g

Naoki really making "BLAH BLAH BLABLAH BLAH BLABLAH BLAH BLAH" sound like the greatest lyric ever written.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lavatein posted:

Met this guy at a convention, the company was selling theme park design services.

Never trust the red man

Only trust me, the green man

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love that a lot of the old games you buy on gog you can download the manual. The bg 1 and 2 manuals are real great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How do you do Fellow Gamers? It is I BRAND!

Would you all like to enjoy some Weed Based Humour on the 20th of April, 2024? Well how does well known 70s comedy duo Cheech and Chong coming to Warzone sound? "Dave's not here man!" haha, delightful

:psyduck:

I mean good on em getting paid, but :psyboom:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Great news, we got Micky Dolenz for our next CodBlops tie-in! Kids love him right!?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
call of doobie: modern weedfare

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
can't wait for the Abbot and Costello DLC, hopefully it comes out after Laurel and Hardy

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The I Think You Should Leave Colgate Comedy Hour skit, but it's a video game exec getting more and more upset that no one knows what celebrities he's trying to get, and also they're all dead.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
The dude on the wheel looks like he's wearing some kind of weird mask with a different skintone from the rest of his body and it is really distracting.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

haveblue posted:

call of doobie: modern weedfare

Should be "mod-dumb weedfare" but pretty good. You'll go far at Mad Magazine!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lavatein posted:

lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

How do you do Fellow Gamers? It is I BRAND!

Would you all like to enjoy some Weed Based Humour on the 20th of April, 2024? Well how does well known 70s comedy duo Cheech and Chong coming to Warzone sound? "Dave's not here man!" haha, delightful

:psyduck:

I mean good on em getting paid, but :psyboom:

There is no one playing Warzone that was born in the 90s even, much less the 70s. I was born in 1984 and I don't even know who these two characters are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I had only started it when it released on psn and had to put it to the side for Rebirth :shobon: back on it now

Good! :)

Muscle Tracer posted:

i also haven't finished pentiment. to be fair, i havent started it either.

Bad! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Play pentiment!