Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

I said come in! posted:

There is no one playing Warzone that was born in the 90s even, much less the 70s. I was born in 1984 and I don't even know who these two characters are.

there might be less, but they might spend more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been thinking about replaying disco elysium and pentiment but gently caress i don't know if i can, I can't help but play as a good nice boy in those games so any re-playthroughs are gonna be pretty close to identical to my original

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's not really too much way to be a bad nasty boy in Pentiment

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Play pentiment!

Jay Rust posted:

I've been thinking about replaying disco elysium and pentiment but gently caress i don't know if i can, I can't help but play as a good nice boy in those games so any re-playthroughs are gonna be pretty close to identical to my original

More games should start you off blackout drunk and then spend the next hour or so reminding you what an absolute piece of poo poo you are at every opportunity, which makes making those shitheel decisions easier if the game is pushing you in that direction anyway.

Sorta want to replay the initial section and punch the poo poo out of Cuno.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I couldn’t believe how much I enjoyed pentiment, just a singular brilliant game in every way

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A game could open with me committing genocide and I would still try to play as the good nice guy.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Infinitum posted:

Sorta want to replay the initial section and punch the poo poo out of Cuno.
I need to replay so I can punch Measurehead (and have it actually work).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I bought Penitent but haven't played it yet. Meanwhile I've beaten BG3 4 times and started something like 15 playthroughs. Also played through BG1 and 2 again.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

So what I'm gleaning from this is that Pentiment is art?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Pentiment is art, but only as long as you haven't played it yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

There's not really too much way to be a bad nasty boy in Pentiment

You could (very start of the game) refuse to pay your rent a day early to help your peasant hosts cover the extra tax they've just had imposed on them? I don't know why you would, and my assumption is that the game auto-deletes itself afterwards and nobody knows that yet because nobody has ever made that choice, but I guess technically you could?

Also you can (act 2) be mean to Caspar, which sucks, but does save his life but at what cost!?! :gonk:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 28, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pentiment is great

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I've been in the mood for a game that tells a mature and compelling story set in early 16th century Bavaria. I had been considering Pentiment, but these gifs make it clear that's it's some sort of wacky comedy game, obviously not what I'm looking for at all. I'll have to keep searching.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

There is no one playing Warzone that was born in the 90s even, much less the 70s. I was born in 1984 and I don't even know who these two characters are.

I was reminded of their existence because there's like 100,000 ads for Chong's (or maybe Cheech?) thc gummies on twitter

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

You might want to consider The Procession To Calvary - that is a very measured and historically accurate game set in... uh, a series of remixed Renaissance paintings.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Snake Maze posted:

I've been in the mood for a game that tells a mature and compelling story set in early 16th century Bavaria. I had been considering Pentiment, but these gifs make it clear that's it's some sort of wacky comedy game, obviously not what I'm looking for at all. I'll have to keep searching.

Have you considered Mount and Blade II? It's a bit of an alt hist but Bavaria is definitely in there.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Electric Phantasm posted:

A game could open with me committing genocide and I would still try to play as the good nice guy.

Oh, yeah, thanks for reminding me that I never finished Tyranny!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I would recommend Total War Warhammer, which is set in fantasy 16th century Bavaria but has orcs and such

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Tyranny is a top tier RPG because your character can have the lovely little genie personality and complete every mission given to them in a technically correct way but with the completely opposite intended result.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How is that Ronin game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shard posted:

How is that Ronin game?

Its pretty good! Maybe not as good as Ghost of Tsushima, but still fun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally got around to beating Risk of Rain Returns! Game's still great but man it needs a few more patches. Some stuff's still pretty wonky.

Lmao at the final boss getting a fourth phase. Surprise!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

hatty posted:

can't wait for the Abbot and Costello DLC, hopefully it comes out after Laurel and Hardy

This would be cool actually.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You know, the players today, they got the oddest screen names, ya know? Anyway, who's on our squad?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Play Pentiment.

This is a threat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

You know, the players today, they got the oddest screen names, ya know? Anyway, who's on our squad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnPipUyawzY

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Waffleman_ posted:

marios_massive_flaps is on first!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Reminder that tomorrow is gaming friday. Be sure to get up bright and early :)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Reminder that tomorrow is gaming friday. Be sure to get up bright and early :)
but i'm already gaming

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

but i'm already gaming

Same. I'm going to stop for 16 minutes until the clock rolls over.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sega of America workers have had their union ratified :woop:

quote:

Workers at Sega of America, a division of Sega Sammy Holdings Inc., have became the first employees at a major North American video-game company to ratify a union contract, a move that may accelerate a burgeoning labor movement in an industry known for widespread instability among its work force.

The contract, ratified Tuesday, covers around 150 people across marketing and other departments at the division’s offices in Southern California. Workers will receive minimum yearly pay increases of 4% in 2024, 3% in 2025 and 2.5% in 2026 as well as a number of other benefits, Catalina Brennan-Gatica, a representative for the Communications Workers of America, said in an interview.

“This is a watershed moment for workers in the video game industry,” Brennan-Gatica added in a statement.

Unionization has been slow to come to the North American video-game industry but has picked up momentum in recent years as workers have sought contracts at studios such as Activision Blizzard and ZeniMax, both owned by Microsoft Corp. The effort has been particularly popular among quality assurance testers, who say they are overworked, underpaid and treated as expendable by the multibillion-dollar companies that employ them.

The contract at Sega, the maker of Sonic the Hedgehog, may lead to additional unionization efforts as employees across the industry begin to see tangible results from the labor movement. Other provisions in the contract include a just-cause policy, codified benefits such as health insurance and a commitment to credit everyone who worked on a project.

The contract also requires Sega to give notice ahead of layoffs and to offer a minimum of two-weeks’ severance to impacted employees, capped at eight weeks. Thousands of video-game workers have lost their jobs this year, including at Sega.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Y'all convinced me yo play pentiment and, huh, its actually pretty good.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

we pentisaid it and we pentiment it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://insider-gaming.com/behind-xdefiant-toxic-work-culture-crunch-and-years-of-delays/

Been looking forward to xDefiant, but I think it's time to just move on. Looks like it will be a dead on arrival competitive FPS, fallen victim to the usual UBISoft toxic work environment and poor management, on top of executives that do not understand the game industry and want xDefiant to be UBISofts Call of Duty.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The last news I remember reading was about XDefiant failing console certification which, like.... how do you make a AAA game and get to that point lmao

Jeff Gerstmann on his last podcast was looking for news about it and the lead dev had more recent updates on the game on his own personal account compared to the official socials which were all silent for months

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dd2 cuisine

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

She might be making Worcestershire sauce. For dinner. Again. Damnit, Doireann.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think its supposed to be elven surstromming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

we taught the elves how to make garum wrong, as a joke