Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

if you're looking for cool normal people, you've come to the right place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

cool and normal checking in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAvTr2uiwA

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gaius Marius posted:

People talking about consuming media is gross. Consumption implies a means to an end, the experience of art should be an end to itself. One should not talk about consuming Deus Ex, Dr.Strangelove, or Wuthering Heights anymore than one should talk of consuming a Three Star Michelin Meal; consumption should be left for the useful but unstimulating and bland things like protein shakes.

:yeah:, our society is so soulless that it can't enjoy anything anymore and its now all just route consumption of media that should bring us joy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

never consume any media you're not prepared to excrete later

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My body is a machine for turning games into posts

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Begging rich people to buy and preserve video games in their rich rear end in a top hat panic room vaults ftw

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I took a class on videogame appreciation so now I properly enjoy them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Feldegast42 posted:

:yeah:, our society is so soulless that it can't enjoy anything anymore and its now all just route consumption of media that should bring us joy

seems more like depression tbh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Khanstant posted:

I took a class on videogame appreciation so now I properly enjoy them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

if you're looking for cool normal people, you've come to the right place

I am the most normal person I know.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

will this be on the final

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gaius Marius posted:

People talking about consuming media is gross. Consumption implies a means to an end, the experience of art should be an end to itself. One should not talk about consuming Deus Ex, Dr.Strangelove, or Wuthering Heights anymore than one should talk of consuming a Three Star Michelin Meal; consumption should be left for the useful but unstimulating and bland things like protein shakes.

gently caress you i aint putting pictures of the deconstructed oyster foam on my instagram
i dont even have an instagram
meals exist to be consumed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

will this be on the final

Yes, but we allow quicksaves.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think someone left this thread open too long and it's glitching out, someone should power cycle it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Game genie is banned but you can still sneak in a game shark

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: Whoops, old trailer that I thought was new, nevermind.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaius Marius posted:

Swirling my copy of Assassin's Creed 4 in the glass and holding it up to my nose like a sommelier

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

seems more like depression tbh

Part of that is it, but its my honest opinion. I'm not too depressed that I can't take joy in things that come by that truly seem meaningful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Anyway Black Flag isn't really super great at expressing the passage of time throughout the main story because all of a sudden it's been two years since the beginning of the game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Anyway Black Flag isn't really super great at expressing the passage of time throughout the main story because all of a sudden it's been two years since the beginning of the game

I remember being so confused at the end of Assassin's Creed 2 when Ezio thanks the people of the city for being so welcoming to him over the last decade when I thought it had been like 6 months since his family got killed and he was still like 19-20 years old.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, there's a lot of games out there that don't have a good sense of in-universe time passing.

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Indigo Prophecy is famous for that. If you don't pay attention to the dates at the start of scenes it looks like Carla is boning down on a murderous zombie she met two days earlier.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I want to meet teen mario

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You do briefly when giving little mario a red mushroom or when big mario gets hit

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im having a grand time on my 2nd character in Last Epoch, the runemaster, who is invoker on crack

https://i.imgur.com/xp5fGT4.mp4

featuring everyone's favorite magick spell, the spinny balls

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kerrzhe posted:

im having a grand time on my 2nd character in Last Epoch, the runemaster, who is invoker on crack

https://i.imgur.com/xp5fGT4.mp4

featuring everyone's favorite magick spell, the spinny balls

it extremely bothers me that your balls are asymmetrical

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

haveblue posted:

My body is a machine for turning games into posts

This explains your posting!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thanks for posting this and reminding me to check if the Octopath 2 soundtrack is up on spotify.

And it is! :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Aussie dev studio Torus Games has effectively shutdown after laying off 8 staff. Only 1 left - Bill McIntosh, the owner and founder

30 years, 140 titles

:rip:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'd like to remind everyone that the Revue Starlight visual novel, Revue Starlight: El Dorado will be released on the 8th of August this year. Please put it in your calendars. This should give you all sufficient time to watch the anime and sequel film, if you have not already. I will make further reminders as the date approaches.

As you were.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
All novels are visual if you really think about it

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Metis of the Chat Thread posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that the Revue Starlight visual novel, Revue Starlight: El Dorado will be released on the 8th of August this year. Please put it in your calendars. This should give you all sufficient time to watch the anime and sequel film, if you have not already. I will make further reminders as the date approaches.

As you were.

Thank you for your service.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
someone posted this image in discord:

and I made a terrible(?) decision

IT HAS ARRIVED

BEHOLD ITS GLORY

$310 shipped, only used once, still has the box, only thing missing is the gigantic vertical tank operations manual. so if someone has one of those laying around that's in good condition, let me know.

it's kind of wild that it's still so cheap even today for a basically-new-in-box copy, that's only about a hundred bucks more than it retailed for.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The real expense comes from the custom cockpit you're gonna have to build

Looking forward to your project thread

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Congrats to Invictus on becoming a real Captain!

Is it all as heavy as it looks?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have the opposite question: is it as cheap and flimsy as it looks?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Attack on Princess posted:

Congrats to Invictus on becoming a real Captain!

Is it all as heavy as it looks?
it is, surprisingly!

mutata posted:

I have the opposite question: is it as cheap and flimsy as it looks?
it is not, surprisingly!

it's sturdy, weighs what feels like 20 pounds, and comes with pieces to screw the three sections of the controller together(each side detaches from the central part), about the only complaint I have about the feel of it and the construction is that the cover for the eject button is plastic, not glass.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have played resident evil 7

I did not like, resident evil 7

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

All licensed, notoriously bad games it looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU