Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thinking of grabbing No Man's Sky, can you pilot the larger freighter/capital ships?
Or are they more just mobile bases you call into whatever system you're in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pretty much just mobile bases yeah. they can only be piloted in so much as you can go to the bridge to use their FTL because its more efficient and longer range. mostly you just use your capital ship as a hangar for your ships, to carry cargo/vehicle bays/transporters to beam stuff down without having to build a base on a planet just to have a hoverbike pad or whatever, to manage your fleet missions + whatever other base facilities you want to be able to move around

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Pentiment was one of those games which, whilst not being completely perfect, elicited a fair few "What the actual gently caress!" narrative moments from me where I legitimately did not see them coming and that alone was worth the paltry 10 or 15 quid or whatever I spent on it during sale.

Game good, fantastic on Steam Deck too.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Hell yeah, let it be the start of a tidal wave.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eK9ZXf-Ow

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Shard posted:

How is that Ronin game?

It's really good and reviews are underselling it. It has very fun combat and the open world is significantly better than in most games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Do you think the titular "I" in i-frames stands for invincibility, invulnerability, or some other wildcard funny internet answer (irony-frames)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yes I do

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
The I-frames are my frames. They belong to me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They're Infinitum Frames.

It's what I call my glasses.

homeless snail posted:

pretty much just mobile bases yeah. they can only be piloted in so much as you can go to the bridge to use their FTL because its more efficient and longer range. mostly you just use your capital ship as a hangar for your ships, to carry cargo/vehicle bays/transporters to beam stuff down without having to build a base on a planet just to have a hoverbike pad or whatever, to manage your fleet missions + whatever other base facilities you want to be able to move around

Cheers big ears.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there is no "I" in frame

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It stands for inline HTH

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
They're inside-frames because the magic to win was inside you all along.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Interdimensional frames. You phase from this plane, unable to be attacked.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is the funniest loving thing to me. never would I ever have expected Harada to become the biggest fanboy of an english vtuber but here he is wearing her merch on official streams lol
https://twitter.com/rundas9000/status/1773607834527109579

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I don’t think I’ve ever been as simultaneously intrigued and repelled by what I’ve read about a game as much as Dragon’s Dogma 2. I think I’m gonna have to just drop the money and see for myself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why don't you buy $110-$120 worth of other game on your wishlist instead?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Because they just said they're gonna buy Dragons Dogma 2, what a weird question.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fifteen of Many posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever been as simultaneously intrigued and repelled by what I’ve read about a game as much as Dragon’s Dogma 2. I think I’m gonna have to just drop the money and see for myself.

It's really fun, which is probably the most important thing about it.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
This is stupid but I promised to let myself buy some new releases this year after several years of limiting myself to one a year. DD2 is going to be one of The Games people talk about in year end stuff, why not give myself permission to be part of the zeitgeist for a change?

I’m a very stupid person!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I wasn't negging, you just sounded unsure if you wanted to pick it up or not lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fifteen of Many posted:

its really good!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They just patched in the option to start a new game, which is pretty funny. Guess they committed a bit too hard to the one save file ironman run thing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I get it though, conceptually there's no reason to start a new character when you can alter most things about your original. In practice though people are very people and some of them are gonna want to restart and replay the first few hours over and over being displeased with some minor things about their character or name, with remaking being their chosen medicine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC that option is because a lot of PC players were starting a new game and then immediately sprinting to the city to see if it ran like poo poo so they could refund before the two hours expired, then if they decided to keep it manually deleting the save in explorer to start a proper playthrough

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah especially with how the ng+ works in dd2 specifically, I don't see anyone actually using the new game button realistically

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

I said come in! posted:

Been looking forward to xDefiant,

i don't believe you

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The last news I remember reading was about XDefiant failing console certification which, like.... how do you make a AAA game and get to that point lmao

Jeff Gerstmann on his last podcast was looking for news about it and the lead dev had more recent updates on the game on his own personal account compared to the official socials which were all silent for months

UBISoft isn't a big fan of what is being said
https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1773677583294505180

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cumpantry posted:

i don't believe you

lmao good timing because I just seconds ago did a 180 on xDefiant. gently caress this game, and gently caress UBISoft as usual.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
:synthy:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is that video re-uploaded already cause now I wanna see it. I've already been boycotting Ubisoft for over a decade but might be good to refresh my vows.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Captain Invictus posted:

this is the funniest loving thing to me. never would I ever have expected Harada to become the biggest fanboy of an english vtuber but here he is wearing her merch on official streams lol
https://twitter.com/rundas9000/status/1773607834527109579

This loving owns.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Speaking of vtubers, the Holocure dev just put out their new game which is still free.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2719150/Holo_X_Break/

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I will figure out a way to give Kay Yu money somehow, dammit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Who would have thought putting these guys in charge would crash and burn so hard

https://twitter.com/chhopsky/status/1773457654049829073?t=G8uDOd-NPGcZRyVwzCQNBg&s=19

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sounds like the boils been lanced, so looking forward to former employees coming forward and backing the article up :munch:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can't copy strike every tweet

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wait, so is XDefiant the name of the studio or the name of the game. Either way it sounds pretty dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Wait, so is XDefiant the name of the studio or the name of the game. Either way it sounds pretty dumb.

The game, i'm not sure what UBISoft studio is working on it. There are like 52 different studio's under UBISoft. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubisoft_subsidiaries

[edit]
San Francisco UBISoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How many are working on the black hole money pit that is Beyond Good & Evil 2?