Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'd only buy slurp juice DLC if there's a guarantee I could get up to three (3) more apes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The wife's been wanting to play a horror game with a good story but also you can blow people's heads off. She's replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order because she considers that and The New Colossus her favourite games (She has fantastic taste, what can I say) but she would like something new. The Last Of Us is something she really wants to play but at almost £50 it's way beyond our budget. Something with lenient autoaim would be helpful since she isn't the most precise shooter and has issues tracking.

So far we've played:

Bioshock 1 & Infinite
Resi 2 + 4 Remake
Resi 7 + 8
Dead Space Remake + 2
Alan Wake (She doesn't want to play the new one yet)
CONTROL
The Darkness 2
Dishonoured 1 + 2

Is The Evil Within series worth checking out? I heard the first is kind of meh but the second is decent, do we need to play them in order?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I feel that after 170 hours Noita is becoming one of my all time favourite games. There's just so many weird and interesting ways to mess with and completely break the systems presented to you - the only thing that really holds it back is that the first level or so can get very boring on new runs when the true joy of the game is creating insane wands that can and will kill you and end your run at a moment's notice. It's entirely possible to make a safe wand that'll get you all the way to the end with patience and careful planning but you never will because the Icarus call of making a wand of ultimate destruction is just too compulsive to resist

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
All novels are visual if you really think about it

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The real expense comes from the custom cockpit you're gonna have to build

Looking forward to your project thread

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Thanks for the posters who gave me the name of El Paso, Elsewhere

I am a sucker for gravelly voiced trenchcoat men (but not Not Important, he is not a Cool Dude)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've also been watching deep dives into the Fear & Hunger games and have thoroughly spoiled myself on them and I'm interested in hearing goonpinions on them. There seems some cool body horror which I'm always here for but there's a ton of content that seems edgy for edgy's sake. The series seems insanely mechanically intricate though, how much of it is just edgelord bullshit and how much is actual genuine cosmic horror?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Khanstant posted:

Did y'all ever play team Soldat in the computer lab or computer science classroom?

I used to make my character wear green/brown that blended in with the map, go prone next to stones and stuff then camp with the 50cal instantly killing people

I made my friends exceptionally mad

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Wait this was the person who did those Silent Hill screenshot LPs right? I remember enjoying them as a lowercase songbearer up to the point that their shtick got really old and I just kind of wanted to see how the game played without Wacky Photoshop #50 slapped in there

What's this about

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Oh my God

I love goons

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Captain Invictus posted:

I know there's things like the Sagas threads that sorta compile these things in one place, but it would be great if the site had a more robust repository of stories like these for people to peruse. SAclopedia does not cut it, although the entry for TheDarkID is very good as of this post.

like, I would love a timeline regaling the Some Plague Rats saga or now this one, nicely edited down, because it is an absolutely insane, hilarious self-own.

Ha yeah you're right this is another great post by Captain Invictus, a really super cool poster who doesn't need an elaborate sock puppet to tell you just how rad and correct they are (also I heard they punched a rhino out and maybe suplexed a train)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Thanks Songbearer. You know, I just do my best to bring the forums the golden content these wonderful readers deserve. Now, me and my supermodel SO are gonna make sweet love in the back of our Lambo.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
oh poo poo oh gently caress ignore that last post IGNORE IT

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's a super duper CIA Lambo that doesn't use a conventional engine and the whole back end is like a mega mansion and it's always cloaked so you can't take photos of it so nyaaah (That is what I have been told)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Y'know a real motherfucker about Dark ID lying about having cancer and dying is that real actual forums goon and Saint's Row superhero modder-turned-hired-employee Idolninja actually died of cancer and I had the privilege of talking to him shortly before he passed and all he wanted to know was how I was doing and what I was up to. An actual genuine lovely human being taken away from life too quickly, a story that is repeated far too often with friends and family and that pretty much everyone here can relate to at some point

Why, why, why would you ever want that particular turn of events to be your fantasy? What other word is there for it than fantasy? This is what you want people to believe and think is happening to you? gently caress man it's just so sad and bleak

gently caress that guy so much, no matter how funny it is that parachutitis McTurboDeath is the final evolution of the Clout Goon and that it keeps happening it's just fuckin' lame

E: A sad snype :smith:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Man I actually did not know Monty Oum died

I have only recently(ish) started doing animation but I remember him and Xiao Xiao being incredible for the time

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Toriyama saved several generations of young kids from hundreds of combined hours of boredom in maths classes as they drew the biggest most muscular men in the margins

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
He's cosplaying as The Master

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jay Rust posted:

unremarkable american city would be a great place to set a video game

You mean like Tanuki Prefecture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL4-E53Ed58

It's been done

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Hwurmp posted:

goon ion

go onion! go! go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I said come in! posted:

lol Suicide Squad is already 40% off. Tonight its sitting around a player count of 550 - 600 players.

Hey it did what it advertised