Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

VideoGames posted:

If I have missed any, tell me and I will update the op!

Please enjoy video gaming responsibly.

Contra: Operation Galuga is also due to come out on the 12th and as a complete shameless mark for the series I could not be more excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV5WaaJSpBk

I just really wish Wayforward went with an art-style that didn't scream "generic mobile shooter from 2015." Hardcorp's kickass early-90's anime style is sitting right there, begging to be used!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Contra: Operation Galuga isn't due for another week but the soundtrack's been starting to show up online and it's pretty good,

Most of the tracks go for a Metal Gear-esque orchestra vibe, which isn't surprising as one of the composers worked on MGS stuff before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUIq4UG_tJo

But there's also a set of alternate tracks done by the Konami Kukeiha Club that push towards aggressive electronic, which I kinda like more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUXktzLaq4k

Should I bother making a thread about the game/series when it hits? I think I might be the only person that gives a poo poo about Contra in any capacity.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Jay Rust posted:

If I was Contra i would stick to the old 90s artstyle because it's distinctive and it rules

ContraOG's artstyle is so aggressively-generic its practically mind-boggling. I've shown the demo to friends who initially thought the game was some kind of mobile port, it's that bad (gameplay's good tho).

Good lord, Wayforward, you could have cribbed off Shattered Soldier or Hard Corps and it would've looked amazing in 3D!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

I said come in! posted:

New Contra game is out now, and looks like it might actually be good?

It's good fun and runs nicely on PC, but like most Run-and-guns you'll beat it in under 2 hours. The game also "plays it safe" and doesn't add very much to shake things up compared to recent sidescrollers, and takes the same route with its aesthetics and music, which leads to the whole experience feeling a bit like a generic Saturday morning cartoon (whereas I want more Shattered Soldier-style dystopian body horror). In essence, it's more Contra 4/Rebirth with dialogue awkwardly shoved-in at points.

I'd say it's worth picking up now if you have 3-other folks who love run-and-guns (and are either in your house or can deal with remote play) and you enjoy challenges/alternate runs to squeeze your money's worth out of 2 hours of content, otherwise wait for it to hit a sale as 35 bucks is a bit much for the length.

edit: Wayforward's totally gunning for remaking Hard Corps after this, if all the references are anything to go by

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

that grenade's still pinned

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Rory has enchanting eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Happy kerzday, kerzhe

Also everytime I look at a gif of Opus Magnum another portion of my brain burns itself out trying to make sense of it