Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Shard posted:

I beat final fantasy 4 at level 78 because I kept going through the entire moon dungeon and then using gate to warp back to the overworld. Did it 5 times

Speaking of Final Fantasy 4: I was planning on getting the Pixel Remaster, but then I saw that they also had the 3D Remake which is cheaper and, in some ways, seems more impressive (and it's even cheaper!) Is there a preference, some sort of quality-of-life that the Pixel Remaster has over it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Hmm, well, the 3D Remake being a bit harder might actually be a plus in my book as I like to avoid just spamming attack, but then again, if y'all are bringing it up in the first place, I assume that it's meant that the difficulty isn't actually challenging but rather unbalanced or awkward, like it requires you to stop and run laps to grind too often instead of just flowing, or it's needlessly tedious and time-wasting from spongy enemies, or it's filled with dumb insta-death traps you can't see coming. Is that about right? And if it's already hard by default, I'd hate to see what it's like on it's hard difficulty, haha!

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm playing the PS2 remake of Dragon Quest V and it's got the classic first person battles and when one of the monsters jumps at the screen to attack me, I still sometimes jump

I'm currently playing Half Life Alyx and let me tell you, for being someone who is really careful with ammo usage, I full-mag-dump into every headcrab I find because I absolutely do not want them to latch onto my face because I will freak out and end up smashing my expensive visor in panic.

So yeah, I'm right there with you. I can't play Duke Nukem 3D because of those aliens that attach to your face, and once Alien Isolation introduced eggs and face-huggers, I quit and uninstalled the game: I got enough out of it by that point.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:
What are some games that are best enjoyed set to easy

I've heard a lot of people say that it's the best way to play Yakuza, and I can kind of see what they're getting at: the combat system is a bit awkward and it's fun to power-trip as Kiryu.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Make sure to always fly a two-seater for the Prez bonus

Two things I learned way too late about in regards to Project Wingman: this, and how ridiculously better the AOA limiter is instead of flares.