Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The only ones I remember deliberately put there by the school are Number Munchers and The Oregon Trail.

That said, for some mysterious reason, ZSNES wound up on the newer computers in junior high. It was a real puzzler but nobody complained too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Dang, they're shutting down windows because it can be used to play Nintendo games. Finally, year of the linux
https://twitter.com/slashdot/status/1764812655909327023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816
Toriyama dead at 68.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwP6uuYOWo

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Snake Maze posted:

Yeah, I just wasn't sure whether it was "You need a guide (because the game never tells you that you should give your permanent upgrades to temporary party members)" or "You need a guide (because you need to give Skill A to Porom and Skill B to Edward and Skill C to Young Rydia, and if you do it differently you won't get The Good Stuff)"
To be absolutely crystal clear, you need to give two (2) augments to any character that will permanently leave the party before they do so (except the twins, who need a minimum of one each and three altogether) if you want the extra inherited augments from the next time you meet them (or their representative, as the case may be). Augments persist through both New Game+ cycles, so this only needs to be done once (i.e. you don't have to give the twins nine augments).

The main reason you cannot get all inherited augments on your first playthrough is that by the time the first three party members have left for good, you'll only have been able to collect a maximum of four augments. Guides generally suggest skipping the first character on the first playthrough because the extra inherited augments aren't especially strong (though they can still be useful), so only having two copies of those on a complete New Game+ file isn't a problem. (They also suggest skipping another character on the first round, too - you'd have enough augments but it would mean giving up a few too many useful augments for your final party.)

DalaranJ posted:

I found this system infuriating because some of the most interesting augments seemed to be NG++. I don’t care how much I enjoy the game, I’m not going to play it 3 times back to back.
There's only technically one augment that's NG+ - Limit Break, which increases a character's damage cap to 99999, is obtained for completing a playthrough (which means you can only have two, total, on a file). There's a few that would come late in a playthrough (e.g. Treasure Hunter, which needs 100% map completion of every dungeon), but there's no other Augments that are straight out locked behind New Game+.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 15, 2024

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I've posted about it before but it's also worth noting that the Augments you get for just playing the game are some of the best available. There's some good ones in the lost-character augments but a lot of them are kind of eh.
Oh yeah, one of the useful augments I alluded to would include Counter. You can do some nutso stuff with Counter in IV DS (like setting up spells or attack items) that it would be a big shame to sacrifice one, especially on a first playthrough.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

BrokenLink posted:

Sadly only the original DS version gives you two limit breaks, only get one in every other version.
Ah, really? That's on me, I only played the DS version and didn't think that'd be something changed in ports.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
For what it's worth, this one has been in development for a long time, too. Maybe not before Balatro started (since localthunk said it was in development for two and a half years), but it had builds before Balatro went into even closed playtesting on the dev's discord.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/TokyoGameLife/status/1770782952433016886
Gorgeous, my stage...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently Capcom is charging you 2 bucks a pop to edit your character's appearance in DragDog 2, a game that already costs 70 bucks

E: lmao the amount of mtx on release day

I'm not going to defend the mtx but that is one of those "buy with real money to save time in game" things, at least.

This shop isn't even an hour into the game.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Some of the team is still trying to clear it manually, but it's not something they "have" to do for the terms of the challenge.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Y-axis is Democracy Units

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1772066176396644576

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Pentiment is art, but only as long as you haven't played it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

I said come in! posted:

lmao I was just about to post this. I will share this response instead
I like Harada's follow-up, too.
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1774054319094153644
"Well it's not as simple as just modding Waffle House into the game."
C'mon, you can do a knock-off diner. Pancake Place stage.