Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy Gaming everyone!
I hope all of your favourite games-as-a-service games survived the leap year !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

let's call our new paranormal-investigation squad FEAR (i.e. First Encounter Assault Recon), i'm sure that'll work out ok

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Any game with rng is gambling. It’s why only visual novels should be allowed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Prey (2006)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

makes me happy to see :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tell them that breath of the wild was inspired by assassins creed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tell them that pentiment will soon be on switch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have friends who won’t watch black and white movies, or foreign language movies, or movies made before than 1988. And ive learnt to accept it. They’re the ones going to hell, and that’s ok

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

if you're looking for cool normal people, you've come to the right place

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I want to meet teen mario

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have ALWAYS preferred magic zombies over science zombies

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Extremely hosed up that vibration is always turned on by default

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i think that was a joke

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it's the cost of nintendocracy. And i will happily pay it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pokemons can't kill people. Read some aasimov.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

njsykora posted:

PC gamers acting like it's their divine right to play every videogame ever made because they spent 4x more on their gaming machine than everyone else is one of the more tiresome trends of this console generation. Reminds me of when the Switch was new and the immediate response to every new game was begging for a Switch port.

It is the divine right of all modern Gamers to be able to play all modern video games on all modern consoles. To think otherwise is anti-gamer.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is windows 11 good? i'm still on 10.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here's why i think Morrowind is a GOAT (greatest of all time).
I'm going to avoid bringing up notable non-GOATs daggerfall, oblivion and skyrim.

It really all comes down to the setting.
Yes there are cool mushroom trees. Yes there are cool hollowed-out crab mansions. Yes there are cool fungus wizard towers. Yes there are cool ant colony egg mines. It's chitinland. But I'm talking about the factions and politics

It's colonizers all the way down. Arguably at the bottom of the pole are the nomadic tribes of dark elves that live in small camps throughout the region. They've got their very old oral traditions and very specific societal norms, they hunt and gather and some of them raid. Also they have a cool name, "Ashlanders"
These "natives" are persecuted by the more "civilized" Great Houses, large clans of settled dark elves who share a single religion, they regularly encroach on tribal lands to administer and of course exploit local resources. Each of the Great Houses have their own specific inter- and intra-house politics that i won't get into
Above even the Great Houses is the Empire. See, the dark elf province was recently peaceably annexed by the Empire. The House dark elves don't love it but mostly go along with it out of pragmatism. In fact the most Empire-friendly Great House has earned some fantastic concessions from the imperial government. And of course we have imperial settlements cropping up, they want to exploit resources too

Here's what makes all of this cool: you can see all of these dynamics at play just by walking around the towns.
The Ashlander tribes are very remote, they're not on the island-wide transportation network that the Great Houses and Empire maintain
The xenophobic wizard house has slaves en masse (slavery is legal). Their towers are inaccessible to those who don't have levitation magic
The religious warrior house has small outposts throughout the island, next to important pilgrimage sites. They work closely with the state church and you'll find always find house and temple services close together
The mercantile scoundrel house owns the richest, most fertile, safest lands. Their settlements will typically feature a stately mansion belonging to the local landowner, their merchants sequestered from the general populace
The Empire has large, well-maintained forts in lots of places, a reminder of their military might, and from which their own state religion can send their own missions

I like how all of it Makes Sense. I like how the different factions talk about each other. I like how the different settlements look and feel. I like how apathetic all of it is to the player.

Also the story is neat (it's a *deconstruction* of Chosen One tropes)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tommy Tallarico?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gamer co-worker update:
he's gone (not dead, just laid off). The world has gotten a lot less gamer.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That looks real , impressive!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1765037388437520778?t=I5iMQKxXCu4Q_3u0MgAnlg&s=19

Suicide Squad was a disappointment to WB, and they're learning from this by investing in....let's see my notes here...more live service games.

wtf are those weasels

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They've come a long way...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If I was Contra i would stick to the old 90s artstyle because it's distinctive and it rules

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it's called quickloading and it's existed since 1988

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Worms are gross

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok i'm a big fan of hosed up little dudes. Elden Ring has some great hosed up little dudes, and i can't wait to meet some more in the dlc

This past weekend i went museuming and was introduced to inuit artist Nick Sikkuark, my new favourite creator of hosed up little dudes. And i badly want these little dumb idiots in a soulslike because i want to fight them very much

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who directed ghost of tsushima?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was under the impression that Ghooftsu (aka GOT) was mid

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man this just reminds me of the goon who kept making bad posts on the SA forums

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope it's bad 😈

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

getting banner ads for ff7 featuring a proud "The Game Awards Winner: MOST ANTICIPATED" caption flanked by laurels, very weird to me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

an AMERICAN anime

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

sweet baby jesus!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

unremarkable american city would be a great place to set a video game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I always appreciate it when games come with the horny mod already installed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's not a mistake. The S is highlighted because it's Super (Super Mario, Super Nintendo).
Kojima does it again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it'd be cooler if the ff7 remake was headed by non-ff7 people. Kinda like how movie remakes work

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

*looks at the state of movie remakes and reboots*

lol, lmao even, no thank you.

what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

The FF7Re series is so much more interesting as this remake/sequel/metatextual commentary on itself, canon, and creators. It would be really hard for anyone else to create this sort of layered object.

I guess that's it then. "a commentary on itself" is anti-fun to me