Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/PlaystackGames/status/1763614758043795909?t=ESO9xGYosrPH6OLUOAFqrA&s=19

Balatro has been removed from some storefronts temporarily because some ratings guy saw a playing card and shat in his pants

ban any game with an ace of spades for encouraging the youths to gamble.
games with actual real money gambling like overwatch lootboxes are cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gaius Marius posted:

People talking about consuming media is gross. Consumption implies a means to an end, the experience of art should be an end to itself. One should not talk about consuming Deus Ex, Dr.Strangelove, or Wuthering Heights anymore than one should talk of consuming a Three Star Michelin Meal; consumption should be left for the useful but unstimulating and bland things like protein shakes.

gently caress you i aint putting pictures of the deconstructed oyster foam on my instagram
i dont even have an instagram
meals exist to be consumed

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kerrzhe posted:

im having a grand time on my 2nd character in Last Epoch, the runemaster, who is invoker on crack

https://i.imgur.com/xp5fGT4.mp4

featuring everyone's favorite magick spell, the spinny balls

it extremely bothers me that your balls are asymmetrical

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain Invictus posted:

someone posted this image in discord:

and I made a terrible(?) decision

IT HAS ARRIVED

BEHOLD ITS GLORY

$310 shipped, only used once, still has the box, only thing missing is the gigantic vertical tank operations manual. so if someone has one of those laying around that's in good condition, let me know.

it's kind of wild that it's still so cheap even today for a basically-new-in-box copy, that's only about a hundred bucks more than it retailed for.

the question is, is it steel battallion exclusive or can you hook it up to your pc and play other mecha games with it too?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
every vaguely zombifying substance in resident evil is the equivalent of that

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jay Rust posted:

Is windows 11 good? i'm still on 10.

the real question is: does windows 11 have any new features that you or I actually care about? or is it purely just a new skin on the UI and a bunch of backend code changes. plus more ads built into the OS
back when win 7 reached end of life in 2020 there was still no real compelling win 10 feature worth switching for aside from better bluetooth support and uh "it isn't abandoned" (though that second one was pretty convincing)
and i suspect win 11 will be mostly the same.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 4, 2024

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mode 7 posted:

It is frankly unnerving how much of Western game preservation efforts are propped up on archive.org like the world's shakiest house of cards

aren't they in the process of being blasted out of a canon into the sun by some book publishers over some copyright bullshit during covid

e: also nobody posted the yuzu final discord message so here
it's pretty funny imo

we thought all y'all were dumping your own game roms!!

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 4, 2024

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
when the vc money runs out and it becomes a smouldering wreck of unprofitability do you think people will go back to irc/mumble or just jump to the hot new venture backed discord clone with a twist

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

homeless snail posted:

the problem is, people are very stupid and also making webpages is lost knowledge

there's no point making a website since nobody will find or visit it anyways when the entire internet goes through google search and all the seo'd up adspam will always beat you unless you work full time on bullshit
unless you're making it purely to link to your pals on a dead gay internet forum

that one costs too much because it prices in the weird pokemon clone that ill never play

isthereanydeal pointed me to fanatical though which has rise + dlc for 17 bucks (and yes it gives a steam key)
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/monster-hunter-and-rise-sunbreak

i think buying the rise+dlc and world+dlc bundles separately on fanatical is the cheapest way to get both games if you dont care about the spinoff jrpg but I already have world so I dont have to think too hard about that

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it'll be a generic laser gun shooter set in the desert but they'll have some cgi renditions of whatever the big setpieces in the movie were

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oh hey the "premium single player rpg" that the Arknights devs were working on released at the end of last month
https://exa.gryphline.com/en-us#homepage

It looks like the rare case of an actually non-user-hostile mobile game? with no gacha, no ads, no microtransactions, no fomo dailies. I hope it's fun. I dug the design and artstyle of Arknights but couldn't hang with its GaaSier elements.

I wonder if it'll actually make money on par with the business-as-usual mobile stuff or if it's just a prestige project.

Weirdly the devs of Girls Frontline (another gacha game) have a premium buy-to-play game coming up in the next two and a half weeks too. I hope it's a trend.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
simply abolish copyright and exile all IP lawyers to australia

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

This game loving owns. The big boobs are a huge plus, but the whole game is awesome as gently caress and ive been really addicted.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luBAIW5LIqc
This game loving owns. The big boobs are a huge plus, but the whole game is awesome as gently caress and ive been really addicted.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 9, 2024

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Carpet posted:

What do people use for standalone gaming microphones these days? Lots of recommendations for stuff like the Elgato Wave3 or the Blue Yeti which seem a bit more designed for streaming or podcasting rather than just online gaming.

I got this Fifine mic for $15 after seeing some good reviews online and it has worked just fine. Way better than using a "gamer headset" for sure, I just have it at the back corner of my desk and don't have to be particularly close or anything. Looks like they've added an extra 3 bucks to the price since then though.

It sounds fine: https://voca.ro/1nekKPEuHN27

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jerusalem posted:

I would also like to experience Bloodborne for the first time!

:negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Very misleading title. The article is saying they laid off some people from Respawn (23 total), not the whole team... which is around 800 people (according to some site i've never heard of called rocketreach)

Layoffs always suck and the game industry really needs better protections & severance policies (and unions!) for employees but they're not shutting down the the studio or anything.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 16, 2024

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sakurazuka posted:

drat I played the first one of that like 15 years ago

the first vindictus mmo is still going and makes all of its money from selling loot crates with boobie skins to its small audience of long term players

when they ran out of ideas for new outfits they started just rereleasing older outfits but with bigger boobs and more jiggle physics and that kept it going for another few years

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I said come in! posted:

What happens nowadays is if the game doesn't play well on someones PC that doesn't meet the requirements, they give it a negative review on Steam and ask that the developer somehow fix that for them.

games haven't changed fundamentally since PS3 era so if your game can't run on common hardware configurations in tyool 2024 it's your own dang fault as a developer for putting in too much unconfigurable graphics fluff

you definitely aren't making a game that couldn't be made 15 years ago

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

this is the third time they canceled it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Khanstant posted:

It was really insane how they actively made the game less fun each patch. Of course the pro leagues they balanced the entire game around don't exist anymore and nobody ever cared while they were around, except Blizzard who thought the game should be 100% balanced around their pro performance, even in casual modes.

When they cut the ability to have more than 1 of a character, the game stopped being fun and instantly had all the suffering of a MOBA.

well when you design a game to be a 6v6 ranked matchmaking esports experience your players are gonna be aping the pro strategies online regardless of whether they're fun or whether the players even understand what makes them good
multiplayer pvp games really need bigger less personal teams (like tf2!) to not degenerate into that kind of esports stuff

but nobody does that because publishers prioritize AAAA graphics over actual good gameplay and if you make the characters too detailed with insane facial animation and hair/cloth physics everywhere you can no longer fit enough players on screen to make a fun game without killing your perf

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

homeless snail posted:

you were in the quarantine zone, you were playing ranked

ranked and unranked are the exact same thing except to people with broken brains who get ranked anxiety. or ranked roadrage i guess

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm putting together a list of 'must play' and 'should play' games that i have on steam, itch, gog, egs, amazon, switch, ps5, etc to try and focus on this year. there are definitely games in here that people might see and go "you haven't played THAT yet?!?!" no i haven't, give me a break!! i'm gonna!!

the must-play lists i'm obviously more likely to pull from but the should play lists are full of interesting things too. and classics.

Must-Play on Steam: Another Star, Artifact Adventure, Bear & Breakfast, Brush Burial, Greyhat, Hitman: Contracts, Hitman 2, Killer7, Lamplight City, Lego Marvel Super-Heroes, Metro Exodus, Overload, Pikuniku, Shadow Tactics, Sleeping Dogs, Sunset Overdrive, The LEGO Movie Videogame, Thief Gold, Tower of Time, Trailmakers, Viscerafest, Voltage High Society, Wargroove, Wandering Sword

Should Play on Steam: 1001 Spikes, 7 Days to Die, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Alice: The Madness Returns, Ary: A Secret of Seasons, Banner of the Maid, Bayonetta, Beyond the Edge of Owlsgard, Blood: Fresh Supply, Bonfire Peaks, Bug Fables, Can of Wormholes, Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3 Remake, Dark Nights with Poe & Munro, Darksiders series, Daymare 1998, Doom 3 RoE, Doom Eternal, Dusk Diver, Edge of Eternity, El Paso Elsewhere, Eldest Souls, From Space, Full Metal Furies, Glitch Busters, God's Trigger, Hatchwell, Heaven's Vault, Hitman Season One, Hollow Knight, Ikenfell, Injustice, Insect Adventure, Just Cause 2 & 3, Kao the Kangaroo 2, Labyrinth of Touhou 2, Last Commmand, Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2, Maneater, Marc Ecko's Getting Up, Metal: Hellsinger, Mind Zero, Moonring, Mutant Road Zero, Myst 3-5 & Uru, Northern Journey, OK KO Let's Play Heroes, Operation Babel, Outward, Paradise Lost, Partisans 1941, Pool Panic, Raji, Resident Evil 6, Retro Machina, River City Girls, Samorost 3, Seven, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, SHING!, Soulstice, Soundfall, Spirit Hunter series, Stranger of Sword City, Streets of Rogue, Sunshine Heavy Industries, The Ascent, The Council, The Quarry, The Sekimeiya: Spun Glass, They Always Run, Thief 3, Trine 4, Trombone Champ, Unmetal, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Virgo vs the Zodiac, We Were Here series, XIII (classic), Xuan-Yuan Sword, Yakuza 0, Yakuza 2 Kiwami, Zork Nemesis

Must-Play on PS5 and Switch: Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Demon's Souls, Disney Illusion Island, FAR: Lone Sails, Gravity Rush 2, Great Ace Attorney 1 & 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Nioh 2, Phoenotopia Awakening, Resident Evil 8, Sackboy, SaGa Scarlet Graces, The Last Guardian

Should Play on PS5 and Switch: Astral Chain, Baten Kaitos 1 & 2, Battle Chasers, Blood & Truth, Derracine, Digimon Cyber Sleuth series, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, FF Type-0 HD, FF XV Royal Edition, Jack Axe, Judgment, Kharon's Crypt, Mad Max, Mario & Rabbids + DLC, Masquerada, Monster Hunter World, Paper Mario: Origami King, Persona 5, Spider-Man, Tokyo Xanadu ex+, Watch Dogs 2, Yakuza 3-5

Must-Play on Itch.io: ADACA Ep 3, Batbarian, Bury Me My Love, Code 7, Death of a Wish, Far From Noise, Fatum Betula, Glittermitten Grove, Highway Blossoms, Lucah: Born of a Dream, Magnibox, Night in the Woods, Pendula Swing, Pig Eat Ball, Pillars of Dust, Pyre, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Spookware, Tales Across Time, Verdant Skies, Village Monsters, Vision: Soft Reset, Visual Out, Welcome to Elk, ZeroRanger

Should Play on Itch.io: 1993 Space Machine, A Dance of Fire & Ice, A Day of Maintenance, A Forgetful Loop, Alien Death Mob, AVGN 1 & 2, Arcade Spirits, Astrologoaster, Backspace Bokuen, Beglitched, Bit Rat, Boreal Tenebrae, Buck Up and Drive, Celestial Hacker Girl Jessica, Circa Infinity, Crystal Story: Awakening, Crystal Towers 2 XL, Depanneur Nocturne, Dimension Drive, Don't Escape: 4 Days to Survive, Dry Drowning, Elden: Path of the Forgotten, Ephemeral Tale, Fossil Echo, Fossil Hunters, GB Rober, Golf Peaks, Head as Code, Headliner, Hellenica Tactics, Hiding Spot, Hypnogogia, Inbento, Kaiju Big Battel, Knight Bewitched 1 & 2, Long Gone Days, Minit Fun Racer, National Park Girls, Ossuary, Pipe Push Paradise, Polyroll, Quench, Resync, Resynth, Retrace, Rising Dusk, Risk System, RITE, Rym9000, SAI, Sarawak, Science Girls, Secret Little Haven, Semblance, Silver Grapple, SJ-19 Learns to Love, Sky Rogue, SOLAS 128, Stars Die, Summer in Mara, Super Skull Smash Go 2 Turbo, Tales from Windy Meadow, The Real Texas, Tonight We Riot, Zone of Lacryma

Must-Play on GOG/EGS/Amazon: 20XX, Adios, Anodyne 2, Blaster Master Zero 3, Clive Barker's Undying, Crashlands, Demon Turf, Disco Elysium, Doom 64, FIST: Forged in Shadow Tech, Freshly Frosted, Ghostrunner, Hob, Kao the Kangaroo 4, Miasmata, NecroVision 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, Sable, Sakuna: Of Rice & Ruin, Severed Steel, Shadow Complex

Should Play on GOG/EGS/Amazon: A Knight's Quest, A Tiny Sticker Tale, Agatha Knife, a bunch of Atari remakes, Aliens vs Predator 2000, Ape Out, Apico, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Batman: The Telltale Series, Beasts of Maravilla Island, Before I Forget, Beholder 2, Breathedge, Candleman, City of Brass, Cris Tales, Crossing Souls, Cursed to Golf, Daemon X Machina, Dark Devotion, Darkside Detective 2, Darq, Deliver Us Mars, Double Cross, Dreamscaper, Effie, Fell Seal, Foretales, Forsaken Remastered, Fract OSC, Freedom Fighters, Giants Citizen Kabuto, Horace, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, In Other Waters, Invincible Presents: Atom Eve, Iris & the Giant, Killing Floor 2, Kombinera, Lifeless Planet, Loop Hero, Lost Horizon 2, Mable & the Wood, Mail Mole, Max: the Curse of Brotherhood, MDK, Memoranda, Metal Unit, Moving Out, Nanotale: Typing Chronicles, Neverwinter Nights, Old School Musical, Once Upon a Jester, One Hand Clapping, Outcast Second Contact, Pankapu, Pathway, PictoQuest, Pine, Quake 4, RAD, Rebel Galaxy, Requiem: Avenging Angel, Revita, Road 96, Sail Forth, Saints Row 2022, Salt & Sanctuary, Shadow Man, Shadow Warrior 2, Shenmue 1-3, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One, Smoke & Sacrifice, Sokobond, Star Wars Squadrons, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2, Steamworld Quest, Still Life 2, Tales of the Neon Sea, Tempest 4000, The Blind Prophet, The Metronomicon, The Witcher 1, Torchlight 2, Treachery in Beatdown City, Unreal Gold, Unmemory, Vampyr, Vane, Wolfstride,

if your must play list has more than like 5 games on it it's meaningless

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
there are more good games than any person can play in a lifetime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

hatty posted:

Seems lile people don’t rush to buy ports of two year old games for full price. How strange

actually they're $500 off