Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Wake me up when September ends.

Maybe then STALKER 2 will finally be released....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Songbearer posted:

The wife's been wanting to play a horror game with a good story but also you can blow people's heads off. She's replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order because she considers that and The New Colossus her favourite games (She has fantastic taste, what can I say) but she would like something new. The Last Of Us is something she really wants to play but at almost £50 it's way beyond our budget. Something with lenient autoaim would be helpful since she isn't the most precise shooter and has issues tracking.

So far we've played:

Bioshock 1 & Infinite
Resi 2 + 4 Remake
Resi 7 + 8
Dead Space Remake + 2
Alan Wake (She doesn't want to play the new one yet)
CONTROL
The Darkness 2
Dishonoured 1 + 2

Is The Evil Within series worth checking out? I heard the first is kind of meh but the second is decent, do we need to play them in order?

wait genuine question why doesn't she want the play AW2 yet? It's really, really good. Honestly worth it enough to buy it on Epic, even if I'm not a fan of the platform.

also I've never played EW1 and only EW2 and you can totally skip the first game if you want. Or watch an LP.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kefa posted:

holy gently caress, I initially thought the price was really good and then I saw the dlc..
why is the DLC more expensive than the base game, does it add that much more content?

monhun expansions are practically a second game slapped on top of the og game. Before the price reduction of the base games kick in the expansions are generally the same or slightly cheaper in price.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Infinitum posted:

Xbox Partner Presentation just finished. Stalker Trilogy dropping on Xbox, no idea if they're remasters at this point - doubtful.

I'm genuinely impressed with that they were both ported and also someone wanted them on xbox??? At least the money would presumably be going to a good cause.

I've played the trilogy and love the hell out of STALKER but uh I would not want to play it on a console as they are right now.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

HopperUK posted:

See I would never get caught because everyone says how cool and smart I am all the time anyway. The perfect crime.

so the means if someone is being mean to you it's an obvious alt trying yo set themselves up to get owned to make you look better...?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

drat I was just checking to see if Hopper had a chance to heckle me back, what happened in here

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

poo poo company, not gonna play it. Glad u enjoy it tho

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Infinitum posted:

Heard the Guardians of the Galaxy game is actually pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdMiY9MEeMk

It was free on Epic at one point so I grabbed it but idk, it just feels like a kinda crappy tps with character action rpg elements. Also the controls are rear end no matter which you go with, mnk or controller. Even the menu UI felt awkward to navigate around.

My lack of interest in Marvel (except Spiderman) aside, even the basics of the combat alone put me off. And then there's the awkward convo choice sections... eh. It feels like it's trying to do too much as a game. Maybe I'll try again later.

Def fits the Space Opera theme though from what little I saw.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

So I've never done selling cards before, it's just putting them up on the market and I just gotta wait for them to be bought?

correct, people need to buy them

there's also a lag time before the money is added to your account, you can see any pending money usually in parenthesis

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Infinitum posted:

If I just went straight to Metro Exodus, am I missing anything?

I would say yes you'd be missing a significant chunk and should play all three games. Ultimately the trilogy is a journey for the protagonist Artyom. All three games are worth playing, and are satisfying as well. It'll also give you an appreciation for the polish that went into Exodus, I was genuinely very impressed by it compared to the first two games, and the first two aren't bad by any measure.

Exodus though is seriously one of my favorite games of all time, and certainly my favorite story based FPS.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DalaranJ posted:

Am I understanding correctly that they took over his controls and then gave him (themselves) a wallhack?

the hackers also gave him an aimbot. That knockdown he gets after shooting two arrows? Its not someone on the team he's looking at, it's someone over 300m+ away he isn't even looking at. There's another clip of the pro who got knocked being baffled and finding out what happened later.

The next game a different player got hacked on another team as well.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

dopesilly posted:

the hack on apex is probably a PR stunt to give people a reason to give a poo poo about a poo poo game

poo poo on EA forever

no sane company would ever use hackers causing pros to cheat as a PR stunt for their game. its an insanely bad look for your game and as a company.

People hate playing vs cheaters in any competitive game and even the appearance of having a significant population of such drives people off.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jay Rust posted:

Fun conversation prompt:
What are some games that are best enjoyed set to easy

If you don't enjoy the game on at least normal difficulty you either:

- don't usually play games and are playing it entirely for the story. Anything harder than easy or "story" mode would make it impossible for you to complete it

- "Normal" is a non-standard difficulty that's actually the hard mode or the devs expect you to play it after actually learning the game on the easy difficulty.

No shade is intended by the first statement, folks enjoy different things. I can't personally comprehend not wanting to engage with a game's mechanics at the difficulty intended by the devs at minimum but I've played vidya for way too long at this point.

I have also not run into a single game where the story is so good I'll want to play it despite the game mechanics being garbage/too hard/not a genre I enjoy. Story is secondary, the gameplay is why I pick up and enjoy the games I do. If I don't like the gameplay, I ain't playin'.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Stink Terios posted:

Never played Alan Wake / Alan Wake 2 I see.

Alan Wake 2 is great and I played my first run on Hard. Loved it, whipped the game's rear end on Nightmare for ng+. The combat is pretty easy once you understand it, my ng+ run was even easier than my ng run.

I haven't played the og tho it's true, I watched an LP a long time ago and didn't see a compelling reason to need to play it myself.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ms Adequate posted:

Suzy Hunter has a 4090 beast rig and said in her video that it still drops significant frames in certain situations/locations

Wavering on whether to get DD2 or let it be for the time being. I did enjoy the original but it never quuuuite clicked for me, combat felt somehow just a touch off but I couldn't pin down why. Maybe I'll grab it and make sure to keep an eye on the refund window.

This may answer the question as to why a 4090 rig couldn't handle DD2.

edit: I timg'd that poo poo goddamn

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Video games are art

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

its insanely amusing to me watching new people run into Capcom's standard mtx practice in every single game they've published since fully digital storefronts have been a thing.

Capcom gonna capcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

homeless snail posted:

feel like a lot of the people doing it have been here before

capcom used its magical ability that wipe people's memories so they could relive the first time they got outraged