Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Oh hey the "premium single player rpg" that the Arknights devs were working on released at the end of last month
https://exa.gryphline.com/en-us#homepage

It looks like the rare case of an actually non-user-hostile mobile game? with no gacha, no ads, no microtransactions, no fomo dailies. I hope it's fun. I dug the design and artstyle of Arknights but couldn't hang with its GaaSier elements.

I wonder if it'll actually make money on par with the business-as-usual mobile stuff or if it's just a prestige project.

Weirdly the devs of Girls Frontline (another gacha game) have a premium buy-to-play game coming up in the next two and a half weeks too. I hope it's a trend.

I haven't gotten too much time into Ex Astris but I will say that at the very least, it's pretty. Gameplay's very much Paper Mario but with added button mashing phases and some stuff to encourage doing certain skills in certain orders. The writing and translation, on the other hand, is not so great IMO. Very much a "throw you into the anime jargon deep end" sort of game in regards to its plot. The translation is reasonably accurate but very stiff as well. Voice acting is fine, I'm playing with the Chinese voice track, about what I expect from hearing CN VA from other games.

I used to play Girls Frontline a very long time ago so I'm pretty interested in Reverse Collapse. These two alongside Granblue Relink is making me hopeful that gacha game devs will take the leap into developing standard games a lot more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lordfrikk posted:

I played 1-6 (via the Ace Attorney Trilogy and Apollo Justice Trilogy on Steam) for the first time this year and they're of varying quality but if you're a fan of the game style they're all worth playing with some caveats.

Music: 1-3 are excellent, among the best video game music of all time. 4 and 6 are serviceable with some standouts. 5 is completely unremarkable to the point you might not even notice it.
Story: 1 is great, 2 is alright, 3 is better. 4 is pretty drat good, 5 is mediocre, 6 is good. If I had to rate them: 1>3>4>6>2>5
Visuals: 1-3 are 2d, and are all top notch. 4 moved partially to 3D but is still pretty. 5 is weird, by far my least favorite looks-wise, and 6 is pretty good looking again despite being almost the same as 5, there's just something that was missing/off in 5.

I don't know what happened with 5 but it's by far the worst in all regards, it's like they outsourced it to someone else.

5 had Blackquill which automatically makes it top tier in my books. Guy's a hoot.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 12, 2024

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bahamut was my personal fav of the lot but the little Sonic run segment of Titan was probably one of the wildest moments in the game.

The Omega DLC was another banger boss fight IMO so I'm looking forward to Leviathan.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man do I play Granblue Relink or Unicorn Overlord this weekend...

Too many good games.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been playing balatro

I fear getting this game because I know it will eat up every single waking moment of mine.

I said come in! posted:

No wrong choice! Loved both games.

Yeah last I played I was at early Proud difficulty in Relink, I just got real busy around that time. And Unicorn Overlord's been peak as hell for me, so it's hard to choose.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Working as a translator on a game is cool but it sure is eating up a lot of my free time to actually play games myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Play Pentiment.

This is a threat.