Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

They like Nintendo. So what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

euroshopper posted:

media preservation wasn't an accurate term probably uhhh

i also like nintendo and i own a bunch of nintendo stuff but i try to consume media from other places idk. like i have a bunch of pentium 3 computers on a network so i can play old multiplayer games and emulators but i often feel like i need convince other people why my tastes are valid. for example i often shut up when my irl friend pogs over the mario movie since i know if i talk about my disinterest over it they'll take it as a personal offense

It sounds like your friend has weird parasocial relationships with their media. Maybe just find a new one who isn't weird.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

if you're looking for cool normal people, you've come to the right place

I am the most normal person I know.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Square-Enix especially has been loving killing it the last 5 years. There was a point before that where I thought that maybe Square wouldn't survive, they weren't putting out anything exciting except FF14 content.

Square could only put out FF14 for the next decade and be fine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wait, what's going on with Dark I'd? I'm confused.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

External Organs posted:

Plz come back and post your reactions

I was mostly curious because people brought it up without context. I don't have any real ties or feeling for Dark Id. I never watched their lps or interacted with them.

The internet really brings out some weird poo poo in people. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than before.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Khanstant posted:

You have been sent to media jail. You may choose your sentence: Play Overwatch Cowboy Bebop for 10 hours or watch all of Netflix Live Action Cowboy Bebop.

10 hours of Cowboy Bebop. How's that even a question?

poo poo, I misread the question. gently caress phones.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 7, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only people I ever see complaining about Sweet Baby Inc are cis white men. So yeah, that muddies the water a bit.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

idk anything about them specifically but im not super into the concept of a lot of these consultancy firms in general cause at best their actual influence is minimal and at worst they just exist to codify a lot of the most boring and safe depictions of minorities.

tis

I agree that forced diversity sucks. It's got to feel like a bit of a minefield for any developer because there's people on all sides just looking for an excuse to get mad. I think it'd be better if devs didn't feel the need for something like Sweet Baby Inc, but I also feel more of the blame should be levied at the developer's feet for what comes out of the deal. Everyone wants to poo poo all over SBI for the changes they may or may not make, but they don't necessarily have a carte blanche on everything they're involved in. If they do, that's also the fault of the devs. Imo

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

TuxedoOrca posted:

I can't get over this company's name being Sweet Baby Inc.

It is very funny.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Chronicles is loving great. Easily my favorite in the series. Herlock Sholmes is awesome.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

None for the one black character, Barrett? Huh. Curious

He's already buff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Oh, the 3d version is the DS version. That's my favorite version of FF4.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

At least in the DS version, optimal augments are far from necessary. I think you can even beat the game without engaging with the augment system at all. It's more of just a fun min/max thing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

fridge corn posted:

All versions of FF4 are good. Can't go wrong with any of them

I never really got around to the PSP version. The Advance version is just silly. I like that every version of FF4 is basically a different game with the same story.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Khanstant posted:

Art is like RPG, you can't define it but ya know it when you see it.

Agreed. Breath of the Wild is still my favorite rpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Games should come on 5 1/4" floppies.