Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You should definitely play Prey.

I'm not responding to any particular post, I'm just saying you, all of you, should definitely play Prey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Tell them that pentiment will soon be on switch

Hell yeah, that's what good friends do :hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of the things I genuinely love about Noita is that I've also pumped close to 170 hours into it, I've "beaten" the game twice, I've done so much... but if I go into the Noita thread I haven't got a loving clue what almost anything they're talking about is, because I've somehow only barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I took a class on videogame appreciation so now I properly enjoy them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

will this be on the final

Yes, but we allow quicksaves.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Anyway Black Flag isn't really super great at expressing the passage of time throughout the main story because all of a sudden it's been two years since the beginning of the game

I remember being so confused at the end of Assassin's Creed 2 when Ezio thanks the people of the city for being so welcoming to him over the last decade when I thought it had been like 6 months since his family got killed and he was still like 19-20 years old.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Gotta focus up and stop playing mini games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcAHHKY3Y0I

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

When the school got dialup I noticed they used the same style of modem I had at home, so I found the config file and copied it to a disk (Jesus Christ I'm old), took it home and tried it and... I connected to the Internet. :stare:

I was too much of a coward to stick with using it, I assumed the ISP at least would be tracking the location/number of where logins were happening from.

Edit: I also often wonder if it actually did connect, since I had assumed that your login details would be tried to your phone and you couldn't just do that, but I'd backed up and deleted all my home config files so I can only assume it did. Wild loving times, I also once got my phone locked open because it turns out the BBS I was dialing into had hooked into some poor dude's landline and he was getting so many phonecalls that he called the police and they made the phone company prevent the line from being disconnected so they could figure out who was calling. I chatted to the dude and explained I was just calling a BBS, then explained what a BBS was because he had no idea (I barely did, it's where I went to download doom wads!), and he was very nice and told me not to worry about it because clearly I hadn't been calling him maliciously.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 4, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The worms in the Dune game should be like the ones in Noita. They should use the same gameplay mechanics as Noita too. They can use Noita's graphics and physics. They can call the game Noita and already have released it several years ago. Let's all play Noita!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well to be fair, I am also very bad at playing Noita. Love it anyway, it's so great!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Only 68, man he should have had another good couple of decades at least :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Sandland, yeah. He was still working on Dragonball too, they actually announced a new series recently. Dude was still working his rear end off.

The trailer I first saw for that... two?... years ago got me really hyped up to play it, and Dragon Quest XI with his art style/designs was loving amazing, yeah.

Oh poo poo I missed that a more recent trailer was posted in the thread earlier!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

:hellyeah:

Everybody unionize! Unions rock.

♪ Solidarity forever! ♪

:hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Cause it's the most important part of the ship, it's where you do weird sex stuff

Riker: That's right, EVERY part of the ship is important :hmmyes:

Gripweed posted:

Like, I can't overstate how much this whole sequence freaked me out when I was a kid

Yeah, "I've been in this room before", "We all have" has always stuck with me.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 10, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mutata posted:

So what's up with Juno?

Oh juno, nothing much. :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WcmftJlkYs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Trailer for the cancelled Spider-man game has leaked.
Search Youtube for "Spider-man The Great Web" and you'll get it.

It looks cool, but sorta glad they didn't end up going this route with how Suicide Squad turned out. Vibe gave off strong 'Sinister Six invades from other dimensions' GaaS poo poo.
Insomniac Spider-man works best as a single player game.

Oh thank God they dumped that, I can't think of what would have killed my interest in a Spidey-sequel more than making it multiplayer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

lordfrikk posted:

Seems like it's very important for fan projects not to take any money

Yuzu has been reborn as Suyu: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2024/03/heres-how-the-makers-of-the-suyu-switch-emulator-plan-to-avoid-getting-sued/

The dude with 3 years of legal experience they consulted found a workaround: a pop-up window when you go to their website that says,"By clicking OK you promise that you are not from Nintendo and that you won't sue us" and if you click,"Disagree" then it takes you to yahoo.com instead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan Cranston in his most gravelly voice: So there's this round little fucker called Kirby...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I would also like to experience Bloodborne for the first time!

:negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Khanstant posted:

They discovered dark matter is actually just light getting tired, forces of nature get a little sleepy when they get old, just like us.

The universe is also twice as old as we thought it was.

The above is just another physics discovery exciting scientists lately.

All thanks to the JWST.

Wanna know more about the sleepy light!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

homeless snail posted:

help im getting hacked

Yeah but can you play?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I've notified the president of video games. We are shutting down all competitive games immediately. MMORPGs, Tetris 99, words with friends, none shall be spared. Scorched earth in the pursuit of ending the terrorism of cheaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce-LjCpserA&t=12s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I have never heard of this game.

I wonder if Will Smith has even heard of this game :psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus, yeah a few years ago it felt like it was everywhere, I had a bunch of friends who loved playing it and I seemed to see stuff about it all the time... now it feels like it completely disappeared into a void and has become utterly irrelevant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To Return to Yharnam I would have to be allowed to go there in the first place :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What is a CCU? :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now hang on just a durn minute, that should be CU :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quackles posted:

Not much dawg, what's up with CCU?

https://i.imgur.com/44AK4Jx.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barudak posted:

I have to wake up early to try to call a human at playstation because their support line is, fairly, not set to my local time and only open from 1 am to 10am my time, so I'm up early to call in before work and... I get hung up on by this service for it being too busy. No offer to wait, it just cheerfully states this then hangs up on me. This is after using their online support (rejected from reaching a human here as well) and their recommended robot support for my problem which explicitly does not actually fix the problem I am having.

This is the absolute worst customer experience I have ever had.

:phoneb: We're very sorry to hear that. Your call is very important to us. Did you know that you can use our website to search for possible solutions to your problem? Simply go to https://www.playstation.co.jp/yourproblemisn%27tlistedhere to look. Thank you for your call. Goodbye. :phone:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S WHAT I'VE WANTED SINCE THE drat GAME CAME OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3svmrkl3_M&hd=1

SHIP CUSTOMIZATION! and crashed ships can be harvested for parts to customize your ship!!!! Yeeeessssss

All the other stuff is neat too but gets completely eclipsed by ship building!

So.. between this and games like X4, I'm not actually sure... what does Star Citizen actually have to offer that these other games aren't already doing? And by already doing, I mean doing, because as far as I understand it Star Citizen STILL hasn't come out and is currently just sweating it out waiting for the Department of Justice to go,"Hang on.... money laundering is a crime... :aaa:"

fridge corn posted:

I guess I should go back and finish Pentiment

You... haven't finished Pentiment...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhn_AyrpDI&t=6s

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 28, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I gotta admit I am legitimately surprised to read (if I'm reading right) that Star Citizen has NOT somehow tried to get in on a crypto-scam... I guess just regular scamming is enough?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is he still funding Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell's retirement funds by making fanfic movies starring them?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I had only started it when it released on psn and had to put it to the side for Rebirth :shobon: back on it now

Good! :)

Muscle Tracer posted:

i also haven't finished pentiment. to be fair, i havent started it either.

Bad! :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

There's not really too much way to be a bad nasty boy in Pentiment

You could (very start of the game) refuse to pay your rent a day early to help your peasant hosts cover the extra tax they've just had imposed on them? I don't know why you would, and my assumption is that the game auto-deletes itself afterwards and nobody knows that yet because nobody has ever made that choice, but I guess technically you could?

Also you can (act 2) be mean to Caspar, which sucks, but does save his life but at what cost!?! :gonk:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 28, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eK9ZXf-Ow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

a cat puppet wearing a little crown in my party

:frogon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIyTFl4Cb4&t=2s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shard posted:

I very quickly got tired of Mad Max haha. Also I think it's time to give it up. I just am not into Dragon's Dogma 2. I want to like it but it just doesn't pull me in. I should have known better because the exact same thing happened with the first one. I doubt I can get a refund with 7 hours in it. I'd give it to someone if I could.

So I think I'll try Pentiment.

I'm loving Dragon's Dogma 2 but if you're not then you're right to just stop and play something else instead, and Pentiment is a great choice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The best advice I can give you for Pentiment (spoilered so you can ignore it entirely if you want) is that Andreas doesn't ALWAYS need to be the smartest guy in the room.