Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This month is too packed. Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2, and Rise of the Ronin are all games I want to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Square-Enix especially has been loving killing it the last 5 years. There was a point before that where I thought that maybe Square wouldn't survive, they weren't putting out anything exciting except FF14 content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

someone posted this image in discord:

and I made a terrible(?) decision

IT HAS ARRIVED

BEHOLD ITS GLORY

$310 shipped, only used once, still has the box, only thing missing is the gigantic vertical tank operations manual. so if someone has one of those laying around that's in good condition, let me know.

it's kind of wild that it's still so cheap even today for a basically-new-in-box copy, that's only about a hundred bucks more than it retailed for.

What is your first game you have played with this? I'm curious how this controller holds up because it was designed with the original Xbox in mind and is like 20 years old now. I really want Capcom to revisit the Steel Battalion series, but this time with just a normal gamepad, and mouse/keyboard controls for a PC version lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Line of Contact required the Kinect didn’t it? I remember it reviewing really badly because the controls were terrible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So like, I need the soundtrack of Pacific Drive???

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anti-Climatic, but not at all surprising
https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1764704580724576465

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

Nintendo sucks rear end, but isn't Yuzu open source?

Yeah, so even if Nintendo killed the devs, it wouldn't matter as far as the emulator is concerned.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

:rip: shouldn't have asked for donations to help fund TotK emulation development

Here's the link to the latest early access release before it gets pulled
https://github.com/pineappleEA/pineapple-src/releases

Android Yuzu already pulled
https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-android

Mainline releases also down
https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu
https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline/releases

She's dead Jim

that is disappointing, I was thinking Yuzu was allowed to still continue, but that was based on what literally everyone else was saying for some reason.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regardless of what the law says, piracy is a literal non-issue, it doesn't hurt the game industry. The fact that Nintendo has to go after some side issue, like the Patreon, proves that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1764746711111733708?s=20

in lighter news, lmao Skull and Bones is already selling for 45 bucks

yeah S&B is not even a AAA game. It cuts so many corners, and its graphics engine is the same as what was used for Assassin's Creed Blackflag, an Xbox 360/PS3 game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yep, I was able to grab the latest nightly build before it disappeared.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

They also apparently put out a statement blaming the community and how dare you leak games and we're so disillusioned

That is how their statement read to me, even though there are apparently saved chat logs of the devs bragging about Switch piracy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Prince of Persia came out this year, it's just nobody bought it.

That, Assassin's Creed Mirage, and Avatar Frontier of Pandora were pretty good. UBISoft is capable of making good games! It's just that their marketing sucks, and people are tired of their games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People who still use Windows 7 are absolute scum deserving of nothing but hatred.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

every game should be ported to switch

I mean that is basically what has already happened, and all of those current gen ports to the Switch suck rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft should just stick to the Windows 3.1 UI, there was no reason to change that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Dang, they're shutting down windows because it can be used to play Nintendo games. Finally, year of the linux

I have really bad news about Linux and its ability to play Nintendo games (its better at it than Windows, more system resources can go to the emulator because Linux is has such low overhead in comparison).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Noooo, I need a computer for my job and if they shut down Linux too I'll have to go back to gathering and scavenging.

The Wii U has a web browser.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

It is frankly unnerving how much of Western game preservation efforts are propped up on archive.org like the world's shakiest house of cards

Yep, I should really try to download what I can one of these days and store it all on massive hard drives. I fully expect at some point that site is going away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

well its better than what Yuzu was doing which was storing 60fps patches on Discord

How is Discord even staying afloat? Who is funding that thing? The subscriber numbers cant be enough to keep it going, but its got to be ultra expensive to run.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Discord was made by a dude who created add-ons and third party tools for Final Fantasy XI

don't think for even a second it can be ever trusted. It would be like trusting me, and you don't wanna go down that road...:twisted:

I probably shouldnt have just private messaged you my social security number for safe keeping then?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I installed Pokémon infinite fusion since it got a big update and the best instructions and file links for installing it to a macOS are located in the description to a YouTube video. Feels like there should be a better way to display that information on some kind of webpage.

I hate that so many help resources have moved over to poorly made Youtube videos. The reason for this is that Youtube content is very easy to monetize, and there is always that chance a video of yours will make it big, go viral, and you'll make a lot of money from it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Here's why i think Morrowind is a GOAT (greatest of all time).

I've been replaying Morrowind. It was the last good RPG Bethesda (Todd Howards team to be more specific) put out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

You are now subscribed to Final Fantasy XI.

you absolute fool

lmao jokes on you, I love that game and now im gonna play it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

frankly, sold

i want to play No Man's Dunc

This looks like its going to more be like Conan Exiles, which sucked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

buglord posted:

What did you dislike about it? I had a blast with it on a goon carebear server with some resource multiplier tweaks to shave off the grind. But to each their own obv

Not playing on a goon server is probably why I didnt enjoy it to be honest. It just felt directionless and boring.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Everyone keeps talking about the image quality in Rebirth being unplayable in Performance mode, meanwhile I don't see an issue with it, while Graphics mode is unplayable because whatever implementation of 30 FPS they're doing makes me immediately motion sick the very moment I have to move the camera.

In the same boat as you. I dont see what others are talking about. Performance mode looked great on my 55” 4K tv. Do we both just have eye sight that bad?

I guess just during actual gameplay its really a non issue.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Obviously the mistake was taking all the live service stuff back out, if they had left it to be as live service as possible it would have done fine

Has Suicide Squad been updated yet to not require online? I know that is suppose to be added post launch. I would consider the game after that update and if its on sale real cheap. Like 80% off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WB got new leadership around the same time they bought HBO, its been downhill since.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

In an ideal world writing off something for a quick payout like WB has been doing should put that thing in the public domain.

I pray for the day that Babylon 5 gets released from its prison.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1764966484273402110

The more I hear about this game, the more it sounds like it's just using the Dune name and that's it. For all intents and purposes its a totally different sci-fi universe.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its been enough time since I last played that I am going to double dip on this one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No girl main character DLC :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That xbox showing was pretty mid, but I am interested in that one sci-fi game where all of the characters are clones. Reminds me of the movie Moon. That film was so good. Also big Death Stranding vibes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Somethingawful should bring back its piracy forums to be honest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Oh my God

I love goons

It keeps happening too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hadn't realized at first that the DarkID revelation is still pretty fresh lmao. It literally keeps happening and playing out the same way. Trying to remember the name of the goon that Jeffrey discovered did not actually have cancer or medical debt, but was accepting thousands of dollars in donations from goons on the claim that they were about to be homeless.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like this does little to narrow it down lol

I think it was 50sgirlgroupon. Searching for it also made me come across a thread about that goon that intentionally doxxed themselves with avatar purchases and tried to land the blame on another goon lol.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owl Inspector posted:

you’re still gonna have to be more specific lmao

these forums rule

Holy poo poo there is more than one???? It was Boba Pearl. lmao what is the other instance of this happening?