Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thank you video games for giving me the experience of owning an absolutely shittastic garbage rear end car

Also thank you for making it consume trash to repair instead of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Songbearer posted:

The wife's been wanting to play a horror game with a good story but also you can blow people's heads off. She's replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order because she considers that and The New Colossus her favourite games (She has fantastic taste, what can I say) but she would like something new. The Last Of Us is something she really wants to play but at almost £50 it's way beyond our budget. Something with lenient autoaim would be helpful since she isn't the most precise shooter and has issues tracking.

Prey 2016, especially if you liked Dishonored

Someone's probably going to laugh at this, but Doom 3

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fridge corn posted:

Lousy warch meather

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr Hootington posted:

It does and the rating agencies are right to do so

Assuming that whole story is true, it's not right for them to spontaneously reverse course like that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Consume content not media

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My body is a machine for turning games into posts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Alhazred posted:

Skyrim: I guess I joined the Empire:shepface:

Skyrim belongs to the Nords!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pacific Drive is full of intentionally janky bullshit, so it can start out annoying to use and then you master it and start feeling at home in the incredibly vibes levels. It's a survival game so you will be underpowered, in frequent danger, and confused about the cost and consequences of all kinds of things at first but that will go away as you build out your base and gear

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just imagine that “mold” in RE7/8 plays the same role as “nanomachines” in metal gear revengeance

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We had Macs in the computer lab so we all played Bolo

ugh! they got me!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

So like, I need the soundtrack of Pacific Drive???

I need about half the soundtrack to pacific drive, some of it is starting to get real old around the 20-hour mark

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

Holy poo poo, there’s a rumored Gravity Rush 2 remaster in the works. I never imagined Sony would bother with it after the abysmal sales of the stuff like Sackboy on PC. It’s not a fantastic game, but it’s a world I loved just chilling in. That and diving off skyscrapers.

Apparently the online scavenger hunts are gone, which is a pity, but whatever I didn’t think we’d be getting anything.

Presumably if it gets remastered that will come back (not necessarily if you fired up the original though)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ExcessBLarg! posted:

There's a handful of exceptions to the anti-circumvention clause, and one of those is scholarly research. Yuzu possibly could've made an argument that the emulator source-code repository exists for research purposes, but the existence of their Patreon, and the obvious money-for-prereleases pipeline that Nintendo documented makes that approach troublesome. So, yes, I'd say that the existence of their Patreon and other piracy-adjacent activities made the overall case troublesome for Yuzu's LLC.

On top of the enumerated exceptions, every 3 years there's a process by which proposals for new exceptions can be heard (by the Librarian of Congress, for some reason) and emulation could theoretically be added to the list through this mechanism. But it would require someone with a whole lot of time and money to focus on the cause, and as we've just seen collecting money for your emulation project will get you sued out of existence within 3 years

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

Discord is significantly better than professional services like Teams and could probably make a go at offering services to non-gamers for coporation-level money

Slack already exists

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

Suicide Squad was a disappointment to WB, and they're learning from this by investing in....let's see my notes here...more live service games.

Obviously the mistake was taking all the live service stuff back out, if they had left it to be as live service as possible it would have done fine

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
New leadership who has figured out how to burn their library and reputation for quick cash. This is the David Zaslav who has made such brilliant decisions as retiring the HBO name and throwing away completed movies for a tax writeoff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:justpost:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"What's in the box?"

"Loot"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ate butt theater

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shard posted:

god drat it was that really 20 years ago lol

MGS4 was announced in 2005 (19 years ago) and released in 2008 (16 years ago). lol nevertheless

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you want to fight some hosed up little dudes made of ivory, play Iconoclasts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m going to see Dune 2 in full imax 70mm but it’ll be one of the corner seats so I expect it to be a land of contrasts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goatface posted:

Consulting to check that you're not making some massive blunder due to a blind spot in your relatively small writing team seems sensible to me. A lot of game dev teams are solidly mono-cultural, they might try to be diverse and culturally sensitive but there is a real chance they're going to make some dumb mistake or just be poo poo at it because it's all second hand.

AAA studios should probably be able to do that in-house, but you could say that about a lot of niche functions that regularly get outsourced to contractors.

Yeah, this is something that sadly needs to exist, in the same way that intimacy coordinators need to be on movie sets. It's just a huge minefield and relying on the personal judgement of every one of the many, many people involved is not enough

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When no one was looking, Lex Luthor posted forty takes. He posted 40 takes. That's as many as four tens. And they were terrible

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Warner Brothers is shutting down Rooster Teeth

Still can't believe they did NINETEEN SEASONS of comedy voiceovers of master chiefs bobbing their heads at each other

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*americanime

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Off to another dimension :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The dual sense haptics are night and day better than all previous controllers, not all PC games support them but they're really cool

Resistive triggers are cool too but some people find them annoying or find they cause RSI

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

the dog was very problematic in the original version

Hastily reconceived when they lost the likeness rights to Triumph

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Release the woke mind virus?

[paragon] No  [renegade] No
[paragon] Yes [renegade] Yes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the way Black Flag approaches the lore works well enough for someone who hasn't played the entire Desmond trilogy because in both the past and present storylines, you're in the role of someone who just kinda bumbled into all this and is learning as you go along

I though the meta-metaplot of you're a low-level peon in an Abstergo-run studio that exploits the Animus tech and assassin/templar conflict to make video games was very good and funny

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My favorite bit was the one scannable landmark that has an argument between devs over whether they should put it in because it's anachronistic but also really cool

e: https://assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/Database:_The_Queen%27s_Staircase

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm Bowser?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Elden Ring was enthralling when I was discovering everything for the first time and there was something new around every corner, but the idea of playing it again has very little appeal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Chorvs is the best arcade space combat game in a while, yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kerrzhe posted:

holy gently caress i cannot wait for this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQlQx-RPfI

this class looks so goddamn sick

also psa it is not WAYfarer it is WARfarer thanks in advance

looking forward to all the warfarin' I'll be doin

blood gonna be thin as gently caress

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mods are cheating but if playing the game naturally makes me too strong, that's on the designers, not me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dark matter and dark energy were made to be junked, they exist as a proxy for the discrepancies between theory and observation and our inability to observe 100% of the universe. As we understand more, the two converge, and the dark categories will get gradually squeezed out as more matter and energy are accounted for

Like, the pioneer anomaly was theorized to be all kinds of things but it was never more specific than “the thing that’s making the probe do that” for the entire process until someone explained the observations and now there is no anomaly, just previous underinformed calculations

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Games are fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When they learn, that’s how you get Planet of the Apes