Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event are you looking forward to the most this month?
This poll is closed.
You already know how this gag works 2 9.09%
You're going to pick O'Malley vs Chito 1 4.55%
Unless you're really invested in Amanda Ribas 1 4.55%
Sean O'Malley vs Marlon Vera 2 0 0%
Corey Anderson vs Karl Moore 3 13.64%
Wait 3 13.64%
How did that get there 3 13.64%
Oh no, not more Beastin' 9 40.91%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

UFC 300 poster featuring the following information

- UFC
- it is the 300th one
- it is on PPV

no fighters listed because who cares about who is on the card, just buy the PPV, it is UFC, you greedy little hogs

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/1770402736032333905?t=_sXmIj8yacRgMvnHn8e0xw&s=19

https://twitter.com/bravemmaf/status/1770777936829809099

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lmao

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What's the current record of ufc fighters who had a real non-exhibition boxing match since 2016? 0-9?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

beep by grandpa posted:

What's the current record of ufc fighters who had a real non-exhibition boxing match since 2016? 0-9?

The JCC vs Silva match was real right?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Does Clay Collard count?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
USADA's last gasp: suspending Walt Harris for 4 years

https://twitter.com/mma_orbit/status/1770778655007895768?t=ETYNcHus4eN4UG795_HtpA&s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

beep by grandpa posted:

Anderson Silva has already been mentioned. Here's another example of a win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fheZCpohnmo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

beep by grandpa posted:

Tyron Woodley 0-2 (both against Jake Paul)
Anderson Silva 2-1 (Wins against Julio César Chávez Jr. and Tito Ortiz; Lost to Jake Paul)
Askren 0-1 (lost to Jake Paul)
Jeremy Stephens 0-1-1 (draw against Aldo; lost to Chris Avila)
Jose Aldo 1-0-1 (draw against Stephens; win against Esteban Gabriel Espindola
Vitor 1-0 (win against Ronaldo Souza)
Ronaldo Souza 0-1 (lost against Vitor)
Conor 0-1 (lost against Floyd)
Francis 0-2 (lost against Tyson and AJ)
Diaz 0-1 (lost against Jake Paul)
Mark Hunt 1-1 (win against Sonny Bill Williams; lost Paul Gallen)
Uriah Hall 1-0 (win against Le'Von Bell)

Probably missed someone.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 21, 2024

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Doesn't this not matter as soon as the ufc stops using usada?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Apparently the test was done by the new group, which is weird since I thought USADA was testing through the end of 2023 and Walt's test failures were in June and July

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sorry Walt, but I have to say that you hosed up. You should have been Conor McGregor... you'd have got away with it then!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Apparently the test was done by the new group, which is weird since I thought USADA was testing through the end of 2023 and Walt's test failures were in June and July

Ok, further reading: tested positive for steroids and testosterone of exogenous origin in June and July. They asked for more blood and urine samples to confirm, and not only did he have exogenous testosterone and the original steroids, he had new, additional steroids in his system. Outstanding work, no notes

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Looking forward to Walt Harris's upcoming debut in some bareknuckle something or other.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Apparently McGregor is telling everyone him v Chandler at middleweight will headline 303.

Its probably some crack binge fever dream and I won't believe it until the pink wet baby announces it but lol if true.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Why is McGregor not headlining 300

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ONE Friday Fights in 20 minutes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXCnPBTMo8M

ilmucche posted:

What Lid said is a massive reason why. On top of all the steroids

The other big reason just why any fight hasn't been announced is its rumored Conor is on his 2nd to or last fight of his contract. UFC has been very strong over the past years to get fights to re-sign instead of fighting out the contract.
And the guess is Conor doesn't want that cause he could easily go over to KSA, get paid tens of millions and fail at boxing again.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 22, 2024

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ilmucche posted:

His cocaine had some blood in it when they drew from the vein

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Been some real good violence this morning on the ONE card
5 for 5 finishes so far

coathat
May 21, 2007

Make that 6 for 6

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
8 for 8

This is crazy good.
Gonna laugh, and be bored, when ufc tomorrow has like 2 finishes

edit: 8 for 9 now. drat it

edit2: 9 for 10

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 22, 2024

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ONE card was fantastic. Big rec to go watch it

Bellator starting

LobsterMobster posted:

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

Bellator Champions Series: Belfast - Friday, March 22, 12 PM ET, on Max

Welcome to the shambling corpse of Bellator, propped up in a gruesome facsimile of life for reasons yet to be determined. Join me, won’t you, in the slimiest viscera and most putrid slop Irish MMA has to offer.

The prelims will see Geoff Neal’s brother, Grant, take on Luke Trainer in a matchup between one-loss guys. Steven Hill and Jordan Newman put their undefeated records on the line, as will the equally 3-0 Abraham Bably and Isaiah Pinson. Fun fact about those last two guys, they both got their pro starts by whooping on a certified jobguy. For Bably, it was Jan “The Monster” Lysak, currently 2-27, and for Pinson, it was Idrees “Grumpy Bear” Wasi, currently 3-20 (I really should finish my Found A Guy series at some point, huh?)

Next up is the Ireland portion of the prelims, as Nathan Kelly meets Super Fight League (Boom! Pow! Punch, kick, wow!) veteran Vikas Singh Ruhil. Then Ciaran Clarke faces Darius Mafi, pending Clarke’s ability to make weight, and apparently pending Mafi being allowed to fight since he had a bout listed on the 9th with results currently pending. I’m no kind of Fight Doctor or anything, but I’m not sure if a guy who fought a mere 13 days ago should be getting back in the cage so soon. Seems bad!

The prelim card ends with two members of the “We Got Beat by Alex Shabliy” Club, with Alfie Davis meeting Tofiq Musayev. Should be a good fight! Just make sure to keep Shabliy far away from the cage, so as not to spook the fighters.

The main card starts with more Ireland Time, as James Gallagher faces Leandro Higo. This fight was originally made last year, but that was during Gallagher’s “Not Fighting Anyone Right Now” phase. Hopefully things are trending in a more positive direction for Smallgregor.

Then for some reason we get Tim Wilde versus Manoel Sousa. Guess Irish Time can never last very long. Fabian Edwards looks to rebound from his loss to Johnny Eblen by facing Aaron Jeffery, who is most notable for either losing to both Brendan Allen and Caio Borralho on the Contender Series (not great) or for punching Austin Vanderford in the face (marginally ok as a litmus test for fighting prowess, pretty funny if you dislike Mr Paige VanZant).

Co-Main Event sees Patricio Pitbull finally defending the Featherweight title against Jeremy Kennedy. It is time to see if the 36 year old Pitbull is Too Old for This poo poo, or are there indeed Levels to This poo poo, and the guy with the nickname “Junior Bacon Cheeseburger” learns he is woefully overmatched. I think this should be a good fight, since Kennedy has looked pretty solid in the past, though that obviously comes with the girthy caveat that those stellar performances have been against guys who are demonstrably Not Patricio Pitbull.

In the Main Event Corey “Beastin Overtime 25/8” Anderson faces Karl Moore for the vacant Light Heavyweight title. Insanely useless fact: If Corey Anderson beasts 25 hours per day for 8 days per week, and we assume no other temporal anomalies in the Beastin-Verse, that equates to an additional 69.333 Earth-standard 24-hour days of Beastin opportunities if Corey were to Beast for an entire year, uninterrupted. Which I think he will do, once he wins the Bellator Light Heavyweight title after he punches Irish Karl in the face.
edit: 15 minutes and still not a fight. Just talking and videos

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 22, 2024

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yall hyped for Karate Combat tomorrow? Maybe this card wont be half crypto influencers boxing each other

coathat
May 21, 2007

Yes but i'm more hyped for Fight Circus

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Back from the hospital just in time to see Smallgregor lose. Yay!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Someone should tell Kennedy it is in fact legal to check a low kick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ooh, nice bonk from JBC.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Ooh, nice bonk from JBC.

Too many bonks from Pitbull

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

To be honest, if this recent event didn’t happen, I’d have been surprised to hear people liked him.

Also Sean is a really great fighter. He’s also pretty self aware, he just has a more common younger personality. A couple years ago when I was 32-33 I went out with a girl who was just 22. She may as well have been from another planet. Couldn’t jive. Anyways, that seems to be the source of most Sean dislike.

Sean O'Malley turns 30 this year what does your child bride have to do with it.

ilmucche posted:

The absolute industrial quantities of steroids and drugs he's on.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Snowman_McK posted:

The absolute presidential quantities of steroids and drugs he's on.

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Sean O'Malley turns 30 this year what does your child bride have to do with it.

The absolute industrial quantities of steroids and drugs he's on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3k7tNH7w8o&t=141s

I can't imagine that the Chandler fight/any fight is going ahead this year

He's a notorious (ha ha) scumbag but it's still sad to see someone's decline in real time, seems like he needs real help

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

A Passing Feeling posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3k7tNH7w8o&t=141s

I can't imagine that the Chandler fight/any fight is going ahead this year

He's a notorious (ha ha) scumbag but it's still sad to see someone's decline in real time, seems like he needs real help

I saw a clip of it earlier. It’s not even funny anymore. It’s just sad. The earlier stuff was funny because he’s a stupid gently caress and it was fun to make fun of him. He has a disease, and there is no way he’s getting a fight like this. I hope.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
guy may have a disease but he also said a lot of truly horrid poo poo on multiple press tours and his patron elected to cancel drug testing so he could cheat

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
When he said “they’ll write books about this,” I guess they meant the addiction.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4056999

GDT for Ribas/Namajunas is up. Prelims in 20ish.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

kimbo305 posted:

When he said “they’ll write books about this,” I guess they meant the addiction.

idiot wannabe actor beating up stunt performers just trying to work makes me wish for a new Judo Gene to be on set to choke Conor out and have him poo poo his pants

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
hoooly poo poo, hahahaha!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"In the Middle East theyre in 2084" - Mike the guy from the logan paul podcast during karate combat

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

What a loving rear end in a top hat. Seriously, I hate this poo poo. He's boasting about being bad at his job.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Take solace in the high probability that he’s lying and isn’t knocking anyone out on the Nicky Santoro diet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://news.yahoo.com/entertainment/ronda-rousey-reveals-years-concerning-200803773.html
Without watching that interview, I can't help but think this is moderately sour grapes.
I don't doubt that Ronda had concussions that made her overall development and mental health a lot more difficult.
I just don't think it jibes with accepting a heavier striking gameplan in her last few fights.