Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cactus Ghost posted:

wonder what the moons favorite brand of video head cleaner is

I got one from blockbuster video that seemed to work pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Cactus Ghost posted:

wonder what the moons favorite brand of video head cleaner is

is this a poppers joke

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Issaries posted:

Betelgeuse stuff

drat that's neato

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

drat that's neato

:wink:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Mister Speaker posted:

is this a poppers joke

:catdrugs:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

is this a poppers joke

no it’s a serious question, don’t be so offensive

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i happened to hear a tidbit from a coworker watching the falcon launch today. this is the 279th falcon landing to date. crazy how routine these have become

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
i got my bachelor's degree in astrophysics its cool

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

SHISHKABOB posted:

i got my bachelor's degree in astrophysics its cool

dope

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good news everyone!

The Dragonfly mission to Titan is officially approved. Here's the NASA release:

https://science.nasa.gov/missions/dragonfly/nasas-dragonfly-rotorcraft-mission-to-saturns-moon-titan-confirmed/

Scheduled to launch in 2028, with a .....2034 arrival at Titan.

So we'll have to wait a while for all the real cool stuff. But this will be one amazing mission.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
In 2028, Australia is getting a total solar eclipse that lines up perfectly with our biggest city, right on midday.
I want to start planning early: am I better off seeing the eclipse over a big city with a seriously beautiful harbor? Or should I hit up one of the tiny desert-ish towns, as they are far less likely to have rainy conditions?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

In 2028, Australia is getting a total solar eclipse that lines up perfectly with our biggest city, right on midday.
I want to start planning early: am I better off seeing the eclipse over a big city with a seriously beautiful harbor? Or should I hit up one of the tiny desert-ish towns, as they are far less likely to have rainy conditions?

Desert town. Unless the big city is also likely to be cloud free.

Clouds/storms are your biggest threat to seeing it, so plan to that IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Although of course with the big caveat that, you'll never know until a few days before. You're just playing percentages at this point. If you're flexible enough to adjust plans a few days before the eclipse based on weather forecasts would be ideal.

For example, the big eclipse that just happened in North America. Mexico and Texas were predicted to have the best chance of clear skies (rightfully so), and Maine, NH, and Vermont the worst. As it happened, it was just the opposite. Clouds and storms all over Mexico and Texas, while Maine was crystal blue skies. So.....