Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

been hearing that space is a worthless place for worthless people lately. what say ye about these accusations, space bros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

been hearing that space is a worthless place for worthless people lately. what say ye about these accusations, space bros?

you can tell the state of the publics psyche by evaluating how much they hate space. and boy is the publics psyche in trouble right now

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Feed the babies, who don't have enough to eat, shoe the children, with no shoes on their feet. House the people, livin in the street. Oh oh there's a solution.
-The Space Cowboy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Venus, Earth, the moon, Mars, and Titan.

All places we've been, which is so cool to consider.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

still amazing that venera even managed to stay intact enough to take pictures of that blasted hellscape

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Venus, Earth, the moon, Mars, and Titan.

All places we've been, which is so cool to consider.

I am fairly sure we have never been to Venus

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

still amazing that venera even managed to stay intact enough to take pictures of that blasted hellscape

800C on average at the surface, so maybe it was even hotter. drat good probe.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

It last a little over two hours somehow!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I am fairly sure we have never been to Venus

for some definitions of "we". it was a robot on a suicide mission to spread the ideals of marxism-leninism

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

for some definitions of "we". it was a robot on a suicide mission to spread the ideals of marxism-leninism

Our Robot

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cactus Ghost posted:

the moon is complicated, maybe we should talk about that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It's not really though. Pretty much a big ball of rock floating up there.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It's just a big ball of cheese, not quite sure what's so complicated about that. Unless your talking about it having complex flavors, which I'm not sure if anyone actually knows what it taste likes, pretty sure the only people who went there had those big helmets on so it would of been, you know pretty difficult to eat in that.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

It's not really though. Pretty much a big ball of rock floating up there.

how is that not complicated?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

It's just a big ball of cheese, not quite sure what's so complicated about that. Unless your talking about it having complex flavors, which I'm not sure if anyone actually knows what it taste likes, pretty sure the only people who went there had those big helmets on so it would of been, you know pretty difficult to eat in that.

what cheese is it?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what cheese is it?

Moon cheese. Not sure if may supermarket stock it unfortunately. :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how is that not complicated?

Just a math equation

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

It's not gay until the oh poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Scam Likely posted:

It's not gay until the oh poo poo

rocks smashing into other rocks is 100% gay as a french horn

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Just a math equation

but math can be complicated, especially space math

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

Moon cheese. Not sure if may supermarket stock it unfortunately. :(

I don't think my supermarket has moon cheese either

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

the blanked out portion is being CENSORED by big GOV to hide THE TRUTH

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

We all need to ask why big GOV does not want us to see that chonky MARTIAN DICK???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what genus drew the dick? Come on NASA the public needs to know!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you can clearly see the dick drawn by our stalwart rover... the problem is, they dont want you to know the truth: even visualizing a pictogram of the hypothetical space orifice could be so overwhelming it may destroy human society as we understand it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
or is it even possibly an orifice? what's behind the black box NASA? What's REALLY happening on mars? XENO-EROTIC FROTTAGE, PERHAPS? Yet if you could draw a dick and show it, what's SO OBSCENE it has to be obscured???

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I think that chonky double was Ultimata Thule, which is such a cool name.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

its called Arrokoth, the nazi name was rejected

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Size comparison

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
why so sirius? :unsmigghh:

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

I keep forgetting that Mars is so small relative to Earth - always thought it was like Venus in that it was approx Earth-sized

I'll hand in my space card and badge now

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Cactus Ghost posted:

rocks smashing into other rocks is 100% gay as a french horn

That wasn't so much a smash as a shplorch.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Presto posted:

That wasn't so much a smash as a shplorch.

Hey man whatever it takes

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

space is aptly named

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

I keep forgetting that Mars is so small relative to Earth - always thought it was like Venus in that it was approx Earth-sized

I'll hand in my space card and badge now

yeah but because it has no surface oceans it has roughly the same land area as earth

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s easy to think of the solar system as kinda tidy with the planets roughly evenly spaced out but there’s a loving shitload of nothing even in such a relatively busy place

eg mars is roughly 100 million kms away, which is kinda far in itself, but jupiter, the next planet, is another 600million kms beyond that, then saturn is another 700 million kms further on, another 1.5 billion kms to uranus and so on

space is loving huge and between the literally astronomical distances and time dilation due to relativity there’s sweet FA chance of us ever making it very far out there. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s just really loving big and large, like ur mum