Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

McGavin posted:

Ever heard of the PEN15 club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Travis? That you?

nahh, not cool enough to be named Travis

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

nahh, not cool enough to be named Travis

That's kind of a relief. Travis used to throw up a lot. Like, at the drop of a hat.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's kind of a relief. Travis used to throw up a lot. Like, at the drop of a hat.

Ha ha! I used to throw up a lot. My Aunt literally married her husband because he kept his cool after I lost my lunch

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I shanked a school bully, that was pretty much it for me.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
My bully would attempt to attack me extremely visciously, well beyond a normal school fight. One day he disappeared for good and I asked around, and one teacher in private gave me a truly epic and utterly unprofessional lecture about how it's actually OK to be gay nowadays, there's two sides to every story, and I really should confess to the whole thing between me and him outside of school so they could let him back in. :confused:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I was captain of the pantshitting team

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

redshirt posted:

I know this isn't realistic for most, but here's my "new school popularity template":

1 Observe and do nothing for some time, till the existing Bully is identified
2 Kick the bully's rear end
3 Do NOT take up any of the Bully's tribute streams
4 Savor the popularity for the rest of the school year as you have liberated an entire class

this will come in handy big time when i start high scool next year. no cap.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

this will come in handy big time when i start high scool next year. no cap.

Good luck kid. Don't do drugs!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Carry a bible with you everywhere and quote the sickest scripts at anybody that tries to bully you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

Carry a bible with you everywhere and quote the sickest scripts at anybody that tries to bully you

Also, Bible pages make for great rolling papers in a pinch.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

redshirt posted:

Also, Bible pages make for great rolling papers in a pinch.

I was thinking it could provide armor in the event of a shooting, and I think smoking it would probably reduce the bullet stopping power

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

I was thinking it could provide armor in the event of a shooting, and I think smoking it would probably reduce the bullet stopping power

Just a page here or there won't make much difference. Smoke it up!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I dropped out, no regrets

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i had friends like the ones in stand by me

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Vim Fuego posted:

I dropped out, no regrets

I got expelled a few months before graduation. :smug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was class president junior and senior years. I was captain of the soccer team junior and senior years, also captain of the baseball team senior year. I was in a few plays, so I was down with all the arty kids. In running for valedictorian, so down with all the smart kids. Smoked weed and threw parties at my house when my parents went away for the weekend, so down with the burnouts and rednecks. Literally just the crossroads of all popularity.... until this massive concussion during a playoff soccer game senior year. And then everything changed, though it took a loooooong time to figure out why.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Worf posted:

Keep a compressed puck off bong resin in your pocket instead!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Didn't do any clubs or sports. I enjoyed French class a lot, as well as English. Language is fascinating to me. Although I don't remember any substance of French, it's a fond memory.

I enjoyed art a lot but because of scheduling conflicts I could never get enough art classes in school, because I was trying too much to be well-rounded. If I could go back to my senior year, I'd either go whole-heartedly into college prep or 100% just take chill classes and have fun, rather than going down the middle.

I think most of us have things we'd do over if given the opportunity, anyway.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I thought this was gonna be a thread about Screeching Weasel. Now my brain hurts. THANKS.

I also raced in here because I thought this was a thread about Screeching Weasel

edit: I was a horrible theatre kid and also semi juvenile delinquent. I somehow managed to score an actual varsity letter in Theatre (Acting)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Title is the slogan for Spite Club :smith:

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
i was pretty much a dork-rear end loser for most of my primary schooling. about halfway through high school i switched to a small school for kids with learning disabilities or other problems and found my niche sitting between the super nerds and the druggie kids because i was a big gamer who also smoked weed. that school only had like 40 kids in it though so it was pretty important to be at least courteous to everyone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I also raced in here because I thought this was a thread about Screeching Weasel

edit: I was a horrible theatre kid and also semi juvenile delinquent. I somehow managed to score an actual varsity letter in Theatre (Acting)

Heyyyy high five!

I only found out recently that Ben Weasel is a complete shithead gently caress, and I it was very disappointing. "Don't turn off the Lights" is just so, so good.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 3, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

I was very disappointing

This is why you are not in the cool club

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I was a nerdy stoner/skater (that didn't skate) that was super mellow and I got along with almost everybody. During the breaks I hung around mostly with the other alternative types (metalheads, goths, etc) or with some close friends of all types. My sister was in the preppy/jock scene so through her I knew and hung out with a lot of those types.

I genuinely got along with just about anybody and looking back I guess I was super popular, even if it didn't feel like it at the time because of my anxiety and insecurity.

It was nice. I miss it.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I was the respected loner

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was posting on the something awful dot com forums

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Pssh yeah bro I was in a pretty ok WoW raiding guild

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

spent a whole lot of time molding weird kids into slightly less weird kids through the power of trauma bonding and institutionalized abuse in jrotc. brought a little tear to my eye every time a knob got their act together enough to score an invite to a debutante ball. some real my fair lady moments back in the day

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

TrashMammal posted:

spent a whole lot of time molding weird kids into slightly less weird kids through the power of trauma bonding and institutionalized abuse in jrotc. brought a little tear to my eye every time a knob got their act together enough to score an invite to a debutante ball. some real my fair lady moments back in the day

DEBUTTTAINT

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Worf posted:

DEBUTTTAINT

ain’t gonna score at deb’s coming out party with a mouth like that, son

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Worf posted:

This is why you are not in the cool club

*It... *IT! :argh:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Worf posted:

DEBUTTTAINT

:boomshaka:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I was school vanguard

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I went to 3 high schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 elementary schools. I hated all of them for different reasons, but I did adapt a great ability to have conversations. I was bullied, both at home and at school. I was not cool. Now at 37, I am still not cool.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Modulo16 posted:

I went to 3 high schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 elementary schools. I hated all of them for different reasons, but I did adapt a great ability to have conversations. I was bullied, both at home and at school. I was not cool. Now at 37, I am still not cool.

nonsense because only cool people post in GBS ive been assured

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

there is no cool or not cool here, just varying degrees of goondom

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Heyyyy high five!

I only found out recently that Ben Weasel is a complete shithead gently caress, and I it was very disappointing. "Don't turn off the Lights" is just so, so good.

I really hated high school
it was such a drag
every time I walked the halls
all the kids would call me a *@%
I didn't care for physical ed
and I didn't care for history
I wanted to blow up my high school and take my G.E.D.
I was a high school psychopath
I needed therapy
I was a high school psychopath
with an overload of energy
there was a teenage wasteland in my brain
from staying after school
I didn't want to pledge allegiance
because I thought it was so uncool
each and everybody hated me
they thought I was such a jerk
with my leather jacket, my ripped jeans
and my Ramones t-shirt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was the big man on campus. I threw huge parties. Lots of girls. Etc.

Then I got a massive concussion during a soccer game my senior year, and everything changed after.

I had no idea what was going on at the time, but years later learning about concussions from the NFL and all the consequences was eye opening. A great relief actually, as I now understood why. Can't change anything, but knowing why has felt important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

I was the big man on campus. I threw huge parties. Lots of girls. Etc.

Then I got a massive concussion during a soccer game my senior year, and everything changed after.

I had no idea what was going on at the time, but years later learning about concussions from the NFL and all the consequences was eye opening. A great relief actually, as I now understood why. Can't change anything, but knowing why has felt important.

I had all of this excepy the brain injury part.