Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
At some point if everyone dislikes the game I guess I probably won't give it too much of a try, but it seems like the biggest problem the devs might have is that they successfully sold the different Ages as a way you might control how your game goes, and then really not implementing it that way. If the intention is to put it into the hands of the tech leader, but then also force that tech leader into a crisis if they didn't also spend a bunch of resources on non-tech stuff, seems like it would only play out as a customization option with extreme snowballing, and in other cases could theoretically be a complicated risk/reward of if the current tech leader is totally certain they want to be the one to do the thing.

Specifically if 1there will frequently be at least one AI willing to fearlessly tech and trigger a crisis age when they get there first, I can see how that's going to be a feel-bad for people hoping to see other results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU