Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Eschatos posted:

Aow and SI are fantastic games, but they are not remotely civlikes. They are wargames first and only.

Anyway one I will heartily recommend that fell under most people's radar: Field of Glory: Empires. Tom Chick had some excellent writeups that sold me on the game. It focuses entirely on classical era Europe/Africa/West Asia - Romans, Egyptians, Celts and so forth. Lotta cool gimmicks that deserve a try.

I'll ask what you recommend for playing Athens in the DLC persia campaign. I've got a game going right now, but only because Argo proposed an alliance with me. And I didn't get a crippling plague on the second turn... I know its just being historical with that but oof. You start at full military flex as far as manpower and money go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU