Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Going to wait for the 3MA episode on the game, I think. The era thing could be annoying with higher player counts especially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Gosh darn it to heck.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yeah, I just read the review and it lacks substance entirely.

I sure hope 3MA gets together an emergency episode for this…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

A game that looks like a mildly updated CIV 4 should not perform this badly.

I'd love to critique the gameplay but it's stuttering all over the place and giving me a migraine. The fact that changing the fog setting at runtime gives a few seconds of reprieve points to some serious technical problems.

For some reason it completely saturates an RX 6700, a GPU that runs Doom 2016 buttery smooth…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Bremen posted:

Interesting. The only performance issue I've had so far was when I played for several hours, then left the game running while I had dinner, then came back and played several hours more. After being left running for so long it did get a bit choppy, but restarting fixed it.

On the other hand my chronic restart-itis means I haven't really gotten to the lategame yet.

I did some digging and it's actually rendering at almost 120 fps, well within VRR range. Frame pacing is just utterly hosed, so it feels extremely unpleasant.

Of course, there's nothing on screen that should prevent it from running 2560x1440 at 120Hz either…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Anything from Proton 8 onwards should work fine. However, the dumpster fire that is the Paradox Launcher likes to eat itself regardless of platform.