Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I was doing pretty well up to the Bronze age but then a barbarian lord appeared right next to my capital and wiped out a town and two improvements in like three turns and I got so bummed I stopped playing lol

I'll try a new game.

I guess you're supposed to leave a pretty big army just for defence? Or was I just unlucky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
omg it nearly happened again

Luckily this time I had an army in the capital

One warband + city defences is probably enough to take down a barbarian lord but if he happens to path through your improvements on the way to your capital he will wreck all your early game hard work, and to meet him outside your capital you need a pretty hefty army

edit: is the "Warrior Elite" action in the Warriors national spirit bugged? It's meant to spawn two spartan units but it only spawns one.

fuf fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 29, 2024

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
How do I see what's generating chaos? I don't get it. Unrest is 0 and needs met in all cities, but I'm generating 18 chaos per turn?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Jossar posted:

Did you attack a city somewhere? Taking over cities by force generates Chaos (I think 20-ish, but could be less earlier) that lasts until the event pops.

I think that's just a one off addition of 20 chaos to your total though. I'm talking about generating chaos per turn. Maybe you generate some chaos just from being in a war of being hostile, I just wish there was a breakdown of the causes.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Gadzuko posted:

There's no such thing as a one off addition of chaos. All sources of chaos or inspiration are permanent increases to the amount you gain per turn, until you have an event that reduces the meter.

Ahh ok, that makes sense