Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

that was weirdly fast. i can't remember the last time we got a franchise tagged player signed that quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kalli posted:

It's pretty easy I think, Aaron Donald laps the field by so much, you just go gimme inflation over the guy in #2.

The top APY IDL contracts are:

$32m Aaron Donald
$24m Quinnen William
$23.5m Jeffery Simmons
$22.5m Daron Payne & Dexter Lawrence

true, IDL is basically set. although going by that logic, the franchise tag never shouldve come into play i guess? idk

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

Jaylon Johnson did it like two days faster.

i meant the last time the ravens did it. most times i remember it ended up going to at least july. lamar was actually one of the quicker ones in team history. even when justin tucker got tagged they didn't hash that contract out until july

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

xbilkis posted:

That Madubuike contract is waaaay more than I would feel comfortable giving him after an outlier year on a loaded defense. If I'm Christian Wilkins and I actually have multiple years of production at that level under my belt, I'm asking for like $30m (and if I'm Chris Jones I guess I'm asking for Danny Dimes money?)

'way' more is a little bit of a stretch. if he had two years of that kind of production, then this would be a massive underpay. he was pretty good in 2022 and fantastic in 2023. with that + the cap explosion, going for slightly more than the second highest contract feels about right. he's trending in the right direction and there's a decent chance it looks like a good value within a year or two.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1767346864561525140

Doesn't seem bad considering where the market is heading

still about 20~ apy but the guaranteed number is probably way down so they have options after year 2 if not year 1

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

You're entitled to feel how you want, I just think it's weird to dismiss him with prejudice after being really good for quite a long time. Dude is washed now, it happens. If anything, blame the coaching staff for continuing to run him out there while he was performing so badly.

FA and the draft is the nfl version of the player hater's ball. and haters are feasting right now for real. we eat good out here.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

harbaugh's gonna get indicted for cheating at michigan and hopefully he'll be put to death by lethal explosion

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wait are people actual in on the jj mcarthy train

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I do not like this. Henry is years overdue for the wheels falling off and I don't even know if he fits the Ravens offense. Should be a decent pass blocker at least.

it'll be fine. i dont think this stops them from drafting an RB in like the 3rd or 4th or later. i'll be the rear end in a top hat that says it feels like an overpay but realistically 9 mil guaranteed over two seasons is not bad when the cap keeps going up

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair it sounds like a one year deal with easy cast off if it doesn’t work out. Which seems to be what RB contracts are becoming now

yeah that's my take on it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Flikken posted:

Don't forget Dobbins, that is really a disgusting RB room.

Dobbins is a UFA, and I have a hard time seeing him wanting to come back, and also the Ravens wanting him to come back. Like 99.99% sure it's a mutual split

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

I feel like with Flowers and Likely's rise, *IF* Mitchell doesn't lose his insane speed, the only thing holding the offense back is Lamar's chemistry with Bateman. should be a focal point, but I don't know if that's even something that actually can be made better. sometimes players just don't click I guess.

The oline will need some investment even if Zeitler comes back. Ravens could also move on from Stanley, opening up about 10 mil in cap space (and taking on 17mil in dead cap). Morgan Moses is 34 and would open about 7 mil in cap (no dead cap I think, or maybe like 1 mil). Both were rotated regularly about half the season just to ensure they could finish the season. I doubt the Ravens move on from both at the same time, although the Wednesday deadline will be a big indicator. There's a non-zero chance that Linderbaum is the only 2023 oline starter on the roster.

Cupboard's not bare - Mekari is only 26 despite feeling like he's been around forever. Ravens superfans are insanely high on Voorhees, which is weird because you'd think Ravens fans would be scared of anyone coming off an injury. Ben Cleveland has finally started to play better when he saw action last year so he's an option, along with Aumave-Laulu, and Faalele wasn't bad and got some much needed experience.

But yeah, it's the biggest question mark on the offense for sure. Thankfully Ravens seem to do a good job at developing olinemen or pulling in FAs (the nightmare year where Villanueva had to step in and Stanley re-aggravated his injury non-withstanding). D'Alessandris is a really good coach so I feel good from that aspect, and this is by all accounts a real nice oline draft.

My ideal draft would probably be something like G/T in round 1, WR in round 2, EDGE/CB in round 3, and then RB in 4 or later, depending on who all falls to us, use the late round picks on project olinemen/dlinemen.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

Didn’t he have a real bad knee injury and then an Achilles? It sucks but he could be on his way out of the league entirely. The list of running backs who returned from an Achilles tear and were good is like, nonexistent.

yup. i mean, someone will sign him for training camp because the potential is there, but at that point he's fighting for a roster spot as a backup

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm no expert but I guess Dobbins case is different, his whole knee basically exploded, it wasn't a common injury like Mitchell's

100% agree, was going to mention the OL but had my mind on skill players. they are kinda in a tough spot with that, hopefully they can still draft a decent OT or a great G on the first round, even if that's hard to do at #30

ofc I still like the pipedream scenario I suggested before where we somehow trade the farm to grab Marvin Harrison Jr and just go All In

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

If Patrick Queesn isn't any good as a coverage ILB, then he will bust in Pgh. Steelers have been collecting downhill thumpers for years, and keep whiffing on the coverage guy since Shazier retired himself. They've added Devin Bush, Cole Holcomb, 900 year old Kwon Alexander, etc and have no answer for TEs, so there's that

His skills in coverage have gotten way better, but roquan and hamilton help him not have to do it all. if minkah is the only guy around that can support queen on those crossers and slants, it might be tough.

its hard to tell. its an ascending player on a very team friendly contract so there's no reason not to be optimistic about it, but its also a move id (if i were a steelers fan allah forgive me for uttering this) feel better about if he wasnt meant to be the sole answer for underneath coverage

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Likely is 100% going to the Browns the next year or two. Well maybe not them they have Njoku I just picked them because Stone to the Bengals and Queen to the Steelers. But some other rival team.

he will still be a raven in the next season and the season after. hes on his rookie contract

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

that's a weird as gently caress trade. diontae johnson and a 7th for donte jackson and a 6th? donte jackson isn't that good right?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

The oline will need some investment even if Zeitler comes back. Ravens could also move on from Stanley, opening up about 10 mil in cap space (and taking on 17mil in dead cap). Morgan Moses is 34 and would open about 7 mil in cap (no dead cap I think, or maybe like 1 mil). Both were rotated regularly about half the season just to ensure they could finish the season. I doubt the Ravens move on from both at the same time, although the Wednesday deadline will be a big indicator. There's a non-zero chance that Linderbaum is the only 2023 oline starter on the roster.

Cupboard's not bare - Mekari is only 26 despite feeling like he's been around forever. Ravens superfans are insanely high on Voorhees, which is weird because you'd think Ravens fans would be scared of anyone coming off an injury. Ben Cleveland has finally started to play better when he saw action last year so he's an option, along with Aumave-Laulu, and Faalele wasn't bad and got some much needed experience.

But yeah, it's the biggest question mark on the offense for sure. Thankfully Ravens seem to do a good job at developing olinemen or pulling in FAs (the nightmare year where Villanueva had to step in and Stanley re-aggravated his injury non-withstanding). D'Alessandris is a really good coach so I feel good from that aspect, and this is by all accounts a real nice oline draft.

My ideal draft would probably be something like G/T in round 1, WR in round 2, EDGE/CB in round 3, and then RB in 4 or later, depending on who all falls to us, use the late round picks on project olinemen/dlinemen.

https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1767913925931155493?s=20

Stanley's coming back. Not surprised since the freed cap was probably not worth the dead cap hit + then you have to pay someone else.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767951429136720015

Why are the Ravens giving away a starting caliber Tackle?

He's 34 and played a lot of last season injured and required us rotating in other tackles to sub in plays for him. The same was true for Stanley, so going into 2024 with both tackles being age/injury question marks wasn't ideal. The move also opens up about 7mil in cap space. Ravens probably also feel okay about moving forward with Mekari/Faalele at RT, which makes sense given that both got more than enough play at T last season. It doesn't surprise me, it felt unlikely that they were gonna go into this season with both tackles given their cap hits and age/injury history.

Plan feels like the same as it was gonna be. Draft oline early and likely often and pick up a cheap vet cast off prior to training camp

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Decosta said they wanted to upgrade the oline and I guess he wasn't joking. I hope it's an actual upgrade.

Don't see what move they make other than the draft though. Maybe double dipping in the 1st and 2nd round. I mostly think that between Stanley/Zeitler/Moses, the 'getting better' on the oline was a dogwhistle for 'getting a little loving younger'.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

he's betting on himself

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ehh i get it, they probably asked all the big money dudes to restructure and only Mack & Bosa agreed.

good news is its a WR rich draft so there's plenty of good talent available. Also Harbaugh's not averse to passing the ball, he's just a lunatic about having a ball control offense which means plenty of running

also greg roman is the OC so you know that the second his plane touched down in LA he told all the wideouts to gently caress off

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

fields also kinda loving sucked. does no one else remember that?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

OperaMouse posted:

At which date do free agent signings no longer count against compensatory picks?

I think around June or so

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah right after signing a 30-year old power back. Not too smart. Morgan Moses trade one of the dumbest we've ever made.

I saw people say that Ben Cleveland looked decent when he played last year so hopefully that works out. But we're taking a huge gamble doing this.

Moses was injured half the season and playing on a snap count. Zeitler was also playing through stuff. They're both gonna be 34 going into the season. They can still bring in a vet linemen plus the draft looks really good plus there's dudes on the roster that can compete. I wouldn't have minded if they kept Zeitler/Moses but I think going into the season with them plus Stanley as your oline plan is also taking a huge rear end gamble.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Calidus posted:

Anyone estimate what comp pick the Chiefs would have gotten if Sneed just signed that contract without getting tagged?

3rd, likely. MAYBE a 4th but its definitely high enough to be a 3rd

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Calidus posted:

So the Chiefs moved up something like ~15 places in 3rd round next year depending on the titans performance.

yeah plus a 7th or whatever extra came with the trade. i have to admit i didnt even think about comp picks because it was easy to forget that it was a 2025 pick instead of this year. i dont think the chiefs really had a choice to do anything but move him, but it does feel like a ridiculously minimal return

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

OTC has a tracker to guesstimate the compensatory picks (this is speculation since some of this does depend on playing time and hitting contract escalators from what i can remember) https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

at a 19m apy he definitely hits the 3rd round threshold if they just let him walk

also ravens and cowboys with potentially a shitload of comp picks next year

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

I think Denver is gonna have a ROUGH year

Denver, I gotta feeling your whole family is going down.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

carson wentz is just so fuckin ugly

hard to look at, disgusting

nipples protruding

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

seiferguy posted:

Trump describing Barney Frank

i legit thought there was a tff post i was totally unaware of

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wasn't Ben Mason out of Michigan? You got that connection too I guess

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

yes, he played for Jim before being drafted by the Ravens like other players such as Josh Ross (although Josh was an UDFA I think but you know). it's incredible

i gotta say, that michigan -> ravens pipeline was not exactly, uh, great. and now with saban gone we can't just draft whatever bama player that drops to us and expect it to work out. ravens bros... its so over

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens' best draft picks of the past decade are from Louisville, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame. Not too worried about any specific college pipelines breaking down.

i was mostly joking. as long as they dont draft any usc quarterbacks, go with whatever player has good tape

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

its not necessarily closed cause there's still josh allen. but it does mean that their window is dependent on whether they hit their draft picks year to year

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

It's super cool when one of them is actually open on every play, like Diggs was for a time. Or like, AB's 6 consecutive 100+ catch seasons. It's heady just watching a dude dominate like that. I can't even imagine what that does to your ego

imagine getting like a page worth of emptyquotes. in fact that might gently caress up a man even worse.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

That’s Ravens Legend Nelson Agholor you’re besmirching tyvm

Actually I don’t really know what happened there, he was apparently a joke with Philly but now he seems fine? I can’t think of any egregious drops and he was one of the more dependable pass catchers on the roster last season

he had some, nothing awful, but the really egregious one was when he muffed that loving onside kick and everyone immediately wondering what the gently caress he was doing on the hands team

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

I could have sworn we did Agholor chat like a month ago and all the Ravens posters piled in to say he’s good actually

this forum is a good 70% ravens posters. come back in two weeks and we'll have cycled back around to talking about agholor again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

If you’re not careful we’ll start discussing whether Andrews’ return from injury messed with the chemistry the team built while he was gone

you fool. you realize that this is going to summon Him, and He will talk about how someone will need to be fired for not figuring out how to use Likely and Andrews at the same time