Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I used to work at a video store and Jim Jarmusch came in one day while I was working and rented a Dora the Explorer DVD.

Tracks.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I used to work at a video store and Jim Jarmusch came in one day while I was working and rented a Dora the Explorer DVD.
i hope you informed him that ghost dog pwns

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Ghost Dora: Where is the Samurai?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ghost Dora: Where is the Samurai?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
a games journalism / media guy is insane on twitter now? about politics?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Paladinus posted:

I'M LOSING MY GOD drat MIND WITH THIS NO JOKER CHALLENGE!!! WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS BULLSHIT BOSS BLIND ON ANTE loving 8 gently caress YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Martman posted:

so that one's impossible since you can't sell a joker? lol owned.
I think this is fixed in the beta patch by not letting certain bosses pop up in certain challenges.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I met the guy from Babylon 5 with funny hair once.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

adam sessler went insane on twitter over politics you hate to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oerGRTrhwV4

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i believe

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Apr 26, 2024

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
what

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

oh for sure bro

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snow Cone Capone posted:

oh for sure bro

dude figured out how to gently caress the system, respect

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Carthag Tuek posted:

dude figured out how to gently caress the system, respect

System tail is just not worth it at all

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
what in the gently caress are you on about

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Violen posted:

what in the gently caress are you on about

tlo roll call

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
haha y-you too!!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
(confidently) I have no clue what you're talking about

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sorry, i thought this was one of the old threads. why are you all so recent. itts weird that young people hang out here but ok whatever

im gonna post the video. theres probably some slurs in there depending on your scale on that but its funny so its ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

CelticPredator posted:

last year i went to the denver comic con and met Sam Raimi who is basically the reason I want to make films, and he was so nice and gave me a wonderful personalized autograph

This makes me happy, what a sweetheart

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I love it when artists are like "anyone who does x thing on any scale is a sibling of mine"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I love it when artists are like "anyone who does x thing on any scale is a sibling of mine"

its very english, but sweet

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Donald pentium came up in a discord I'm in and it still makes me laugh that arf caused a yospos meltdown over the crime of participating in a thread

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

donald pentium is a top tier name

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

it's just so lowkey

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Donald pentium came up in a discord I'm in and it still makes me laugh that arf caused a yospos meltdown over the crime of participating in a thread

GA currently doing a similar holy mission in thr watch thread

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Violen posted:

also the direction and acting with barret and dyne was unreal

i guess im the only one in the world who felt this way looking it up here lol to me walking in on the middle of this ongoing delusion he spends the entire sequence flitting in and out of was genuinely unsettling and the body language and performance nailed this dude caught between a full psychotic break and the reality of his own rage and self-disgust, and he closes his story perfectly ambiguously either defending an old friend or goading a suicide he wanted but couldnt give himself by cop while nebulously telling barret to either carry the torch or choke on it lol, barret gets no concrete closure other than what he and cloud make for him and the execution of it all in the dialogue and delivery between dyne and barret really got to me. i'm immune to ff7-style whiplash too so sandwiching that between the gus experience and palmer's variety show act didnt bother me any more than hard cutting from dyne backflipping off a cliff to bluegrass chocobo racing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

donald pentium is a top tier name

It's too good to use. A lot of arf's suggestions were pretty good but donald pentium is the only one that stuck with me

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Violen posted:

i guess im the only one in the world who felt this way looking it up here lol to me walking in on the middle of this ongoing delusion he spends the entire sequence flitting in and out of was genuinely unsettling and the body language and performance nailed this dude caught between a full psychotic break and the reality of his own rage and self-disgust, and he closes his story perfectly ambiguously either defending an old friend or goading a suicide he wanted but couldnt give himself by cop while nebulously telling barret to either carry the torch or choke on it lol, barret gets no concrete closure other than what he and cloud make for him and the execution of it all in the dialogue and delivery between dyne and barret really got to me. i'm immune to ff7-style whiplash too so sandwiching that between the gus experience and palmer's variety show act didnt bother me any more than hard cutting from dyne backflipping off a cliff to bluegrass chocobo racing

Yeah

I was watching a friend stream it for me since I don't own a PS5 and when he finished the part with dyne we were both speechless for an entire minute

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
any time i encounter takes on this game i feel like im playing something completely different from everyone else in terms of how they read social and narrative cues in scenes lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
it reminds me of feeling like an alien seeing everyone and their mother react to that one sidequest in remake where clouds like 'bring this key back yourself or itll cost you 500 bucks' to encourage some beat-down old dude to prop himself back up in a distinctly cloud way by saying 'very odd choice to have the main character demand outlandish monetary compensation completely literally from a helpless elderly person followed by aerith going it feels good to help people huh cloud' in the same breath as a scene where he tells a bunch of kids his services don't come cheap before going 'i'll do it for 3 gil' except now it's across an entire game, one i personally find even more adept at character writing and presentation and i already thought remake was high marks for the industry

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

media literacy ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
cloud is harassing low income workers and orphans and this is who yall stan

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i didnt like remake that much but wall market was 10/10 by itself

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The mayor.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i also liked the bit with red xiii's voice which even a lot of people obsessed with the game got caught completely off guard by because it was almost entirely absent from the original english translation

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Textually yes but I remember getting surprised by the reveal even in the OG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i havent gotten to the drop yet but the scene at the under junon inn made me lose my mind that they'd set up that punchline as far back as the gang meeting red in the drum with him gassing up his big boy voice before speaking lol