Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Stux posted:

arpgs are incredibly good. exhibit a:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

This is unfair. Being bad at video games doesn't make me a retard. There are other reasons for that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

This is unfair. Being bad at video games doesn't make me a retard. There are other reasons for that

Being unable or unwilling to understand and reflect on the game themselves as one plays it makes them retarded, unfortunately. Sort of a profound ailment because usually it’s about some obsessive insecurity probably. Sad.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dongicus posted:

i liked torchlight 2 and havent played any other game like it since

TL2 was so fun but the engie is really the only good class

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I played the barb or shaman or whatever that turns into a shadow wolf

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

diablo 2 came out when i was in middle school and i got insanely into the lore, reading and rereading the manual

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hellgate London chads..ww@?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
thinking about the lifetime sub of hellgate london that cost 150 dollars. ...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

diablo 2 came out when i was in middle school and i got insanely into the lore, reading and rereading the manual

I use to imagine tooltips on poo poo I’d see on counters when I wasn’t playing lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Ah the lifetime subscription... twas a simpler time indeed. Imagine trying to sell that idea in 2024

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

has Hellgate London been resurrected for the tenth time yet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hellgate London chads..ww@?

can barely remember anything outside of one of the early areas being insanely red?? nevertheless ✊

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Wormskull posted:

Being unable or unwilling to understand and reflect on the game themselves as one plays it makes them retarded, unfortunately. Sort of a profound ailment because usually it’s about some obsessive insecurity probably. Sad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got the collectors edition for Xmas. Read the comic + 3 tie in novels. Played the game for a grand total of 4 hours. And that's paper.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the mirror shield when it sees an Octorok

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wormskull posted:

theyre beyond help. new style arpgs all tell u directly what to scale skills off of, last epoch is like "if you click this passive the skill will now scale off of increases to fire damage" and people will look at it and start complaining that its too complex and you need to watch a youtube video to make a build lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got the collectors edition for Xmas. Read the comic + 3 tie in novels. Played the game for a grand total of 4 hours. And that's paper.

video games that had big marketing blitzes with novels and comics only to flop at release ftw

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

the mirror shield when it sees an Octorok

Dongicus posted:

phlog pyros be like

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

twials of mana is weawy good

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
re: imp zone lurdiak thread: anyone remember what was in these posts?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the first guy would probably be able to comment, were it not for the curse of dyslexia

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cassian of Imola posted:

re: imp zone lurdiak thread: anyone remember what was in these posts?

was clips of this

American McGay posted:

He sat in voice chat and suggested jokes about killing Make-A-Wish kids while his team members awkwardly nodded and said "hmm, yeah okay"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Stux posted:

was clips of this

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
lets kill some make-a-wish kids gang

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"What a tragic end for a make-a-wish entrant."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

who'd you pick for the third slot?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Beefstew posted:

twials of mana is weawy good

it's a crime worthy of the hague that they did not put in multiplayer for it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Coolguye posted:

it's a crime worthy of the hague that they did not put in multiplayer for it

It's a baffling exclusion

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
carmageddon but i'm running over make a wish kids

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Phantasium posted:

who'd you pick for the third slot?

went hawkeye-reisz-kevin. can't remember much from the snes version so unsure what that means re: bosses, but I am glad I do not have to interact with Charlotte much

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They could've just not given Charlotte her speech quirk. It wouldn't technically be a faithful translation but sometimes you need to make that call

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Runa posted:

They could've just not given Charlotte her speech quirk. It wouldn't technically be a faithful translation but sometimes you need to make that call

L take, which in Charlotte's speech is paradoxically a W take

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think her accent is fine, they went a bit too ham in the text though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

went hawkeye-reisz-kevin. can't remember much from the snes version so unsure what that means re: bosses, but I am glad I do not have to interact with Charlotte much

I never really went too in on the original game so I don't remember what strategies they ask for, but honestly you're fine in the remake with whoever though. The class changes happen faster than the original so you can get some fun strategies going for any character early on.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The main thing new in the remake versus character selection, is that there's a new postgame fight unique to every character (in addition to a shared final dungeon and post-game boss), Duran's and Kevin's are the most fun, Angela's can be tough, Hawkeye and Charlotte's just kinda suck and are unimaginative, and Riesz's fight sucks, is unimaginative, and can be bullshit.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Support The Devs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played a lot of Diablo II in high school but have never really played a similar ARPG for more than a couple hours for some reason.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Clive seems like a solid guy

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I played a lot of Diablo II in high school but have never really played a similar ARPG for more than a couple hours for some reason.
it's fine, you played the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

you tried the best - don't try the rest