Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
just wanted to say again: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
listened to the slowbeef statement and woah its so weird that his voice still hasnt aged!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Who the gently caress does this to themselves? What is the purpose?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol wtf.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

$10 well-spent

IndestructibleCat
Jan 16, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

You telling me this guy's a drat localizer too? True scum.

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

They were 3 separate daughters who all died

my canadian daughters atropos, clotho, and lachesis

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Note Block posted:

The past, the present, and the future daughter

Les Enfants Terribles...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The funniest twist would be if he was successful at some boring job and had a loving family and still did this.
from my understanding, compulsive liars literally can't NOT make poo poo up for no reason whatsoever, so it's not out of the question

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rea posted:

Wasn't TDI's daughter actually his niece that he forcibly adopted from abusive parents? I'm losing track of the lore here.

The Dark Id Expanded Universe:
1. Biological daughter who was gay and dead.
2. Daughter's lesbian girlfriend who was adopted by the Dark Id after her dad was mercy killed by the Dark Id after he walked in on a failed suicide attempt.
3. Japanese Discord mod, best friends with Dark Id from childhood, supposed to be similar in age but lives with the Dark Id after he beat up her abusive father.
4. Sexy spy wife who goes by the codename "Number Two" like Kids Next Door

I feel like MatPat right now.

mycot has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Mar 4, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

lmafo.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I personally hate this because it's also entirely plausible* given how often the games industry just screws over people with regards to proper credits. Didn't work on the game right as it launched? Get hosed idiot.

*not in this specific case

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

They had the titular line in Nier

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

listened to the slowbeef statement and woah its so weird that his voice still hasnt aged!

I was not big into LP way back, but this Saga caught me bc Slowbeef's audio is such a great snapshot of the emotional state where you attempt to recount some madness event and it makes progressively less sense the more you put it into words.

Cholifut
May 22, 2010
Has anyone mentioned the dude who showed up maybe four years ago, claiming to be Id's brother, in his movie server to call him out on all his poo poo? Saying where he really lived, with his parents, no kids.
I was already tuned out by that point so I don't recall.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The funniest twist would be if he was successful at some boring job and had a loving family and still did this.

The bravest warrior of all, protecting his hot wife and beloved children by inventing a much stupider family to replace them in his public life

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Endorph posted:

she was born in 2009. she turned 14 in 2015. she turned 14 in 2016. she died at age 15 in 2019.

so you do the math

seems like a serious medical condition op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that doesnt track also because nier's localization wasnt just random contract hires, it was farmed out to a specific company, 8-4, who have done a lot of high profile work. a bunch of fire emblem games, nier automata, metal gear rising, some tekken games, etc. the idea that 'oh yeah i do some translation on the side' doesnt track with that. they're a very well-respected company. they aren't a 'gig.'

and also they're based in japan not the us, so it'd be pretty hard to work with them while also living with the dark id apparently???

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

ok so the name "hikkiari" is bugging me, as I don't know if it's an actual Japanese name, or even a word. I googled it but all I got was this thread and a similar one on kiwifarms from 2016.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

seems like a serious medical condition op

the dark ids fake dead daughter has benjamin button disease and youre laughing??

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lmfao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he did it for attention if you look at the discord screenshots whenever someone complained about stubbing their toe or having a bad day dark id would pop in to talk about how he got into a street fight with his sister and dislocated his pinky i think everyone has encountered someone like this in an internet community but never before have i seen someone combine the hot wife, dying, and stolen valor lies into one single big lie. it rules

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My one year old adopted daughter, nier localiser

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

how does it keep getting funnier lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cholifut posted:

Has anyone mentioned the dude who showed up maybe four years ago, claiming to be Id's brother, in his movie server to call him out on all his poo poo? Saying where he really lived, with his parents, no kids.

Wtf

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Les Enfants Terribles...

Once you recognize the secret reason for his double life, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds...

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm starting to wonder if this forum is even really dead and gay...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

On the plus side, I feel like making your actual children draw crayon fanart for your Nier LP would be kind of hosed up, so maybe lying is better sometimes

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

ok so the name "hikkiari" is bugging me, as I don't know if it's an actual Japanese name, or even a word. I googled it but all I got was this thread and a similar one on kiwifarms from 2016.

wait the dark id has a kiwifarms thread are u loving serious

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

pentyne posted:

also curious, for all the screenshots directly from discord, if TDI nukes the discord entirely does it also then wipe the stored screenshots?

discord cdn links expire now anyway. i think they last for about a week or so before you need to get a new link from within discord.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cholifut posted:

LOL WHAT

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cholifut posted:

What

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...

Cholifut posted:

Say what now

EDIT: Hold the phone, looking at the twitter account slowbeef retweeted, is this what you're thinking about? (:nms: because it contains talk about animal abuse).

:nms:https://twitter.com/HmImThinking/status/1127279068653572096

Leggsy has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Mar 4, 2024

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Does anyone remember which LP thread he was doing when his fake daughter fake died, I want to see what his alt account had to say about it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cholifut posted:

uh

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

it'd be hosed up if darkid's brother who aimed to expose him was also a darkid alt

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
is the dark id the wrestler Virgil who "died" a couple of days ago... people are wondering

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
hello new thread

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

is the dark id the wrestler Virgil who "died" a couple of days ago... people are wondering

dark id "died" on the same day sting retired. conspiracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
No the Dark Id is clearly Vergil

If you want it, you'll have to fake it... but you already knew that