Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Feels Villeneuve posted:

seems like a serious medical condition op

Reminds me of an old Eric Idle sketch about a woman diagnosed with bad continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

it'd be hosed up if darkid's brother who aimed to expose him was also a darkid alt

our true enemies… are always… ourselves…

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Endorph posted:

that doesnt track also because nier's localization wasnt just random contract hires, it was farmed out to a specific company, 8-4, who have done a lot of high profile work. a bunch of fire emblem games, nier automata, metal gear rising, some tekken games, etc. the idea that 'oh yeah i do some translation on the side' doesnt track with that. they're a very well-respected company. they aren't a 'gig.'

and also they're based in japan not the us, so it'd be pretty hard to work with them while also living with the dark id apparently???

Does 8-4 still have a podcast? That was a chill podcast.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

Yes!

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

euroshopper posted:

wait the dark id has a kiwifarms thread are u loving serious

looked it up and apparently it's one of those threads where a bunch of permabanned goons come together and gossip over the libtards. i guess they knew about the dark id's weird lies for about a year

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

Lol come on now

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Endorph posted:

that doesnt track also because nier's localization wasnt just random contract hires, it was farmed out to a specific company, 8-4, who have done a lot of high profile work. a bunch of fire emblem games, nier automata, metal gear rising, some tekken games, etc. the idea that 'oh yeah i do some translation on the side' doesnt track with that. they're a very well-respected company. they aren't a 'gig.'

and also they're based in japan not the us, so it'd be pretty hard to work with them while also living with the dark id apparently???

Japanese labor laws are different, allowing them to hire 5 year old girls living in America.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

How do the japes keep piling up lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

more like the dark mid :smuggo:

To Protect Flavor
Feb 24, 2016

TurnipFritter posted:

Does anyone remember which LP thread he was doing when his fake daughter fake died, I want to see what his alt account had to say about it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3883446&userid=124714#post494749853

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'll be nice and not name who it was

How magnanimous of me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

euroshopper posted:

looked it up and apparently it's one of those threads where a bunch of permabanned goons come together and gossip over the libtards. i guess they knew about the dark id's weird lies for about a year

cool, you should go there and never come back because no one cares

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

ok so the name "hikkiari" is bugging me, as I don't know if it's an actual Japanese name, or even a word. I googled it but all I got was this thread and a similar one on kiwifarms from 2016.

hikki is a shortening of hikikomori. basically someone who never leaves their room, often used half-jokingly by nerds to refer to themselves. ari is the japanese word for ant.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Japanese labor laws are different, allowing them to hire 5 year old girls living in America.

this is the most believable thing about thedarkid saga

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

euroshopper posted:

im sorry, who are you again?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

hikki is a shortening of hikikomori. basically someone who never leaves their room, often used half-jokingly by nerds to refer to themselves. ari is the japanese word for ant.

So you're telling me there's still a chance for the 50 Foot Ant reveal

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Cholifut posted:

Has anyone mentioned the dude who showed up maybe four years ago, claiming to be Id's brother, in his movie server to call him out on all his poo poo? Saying where he really lived, with his parents, no kids.
I was already tuned out by that point so I don't recall.

tried looking this up and haven't found it yet but did find a lesser goonlol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

euroshopper posted:

Fursonally I think we should post extensively about this thread, and Kiwifarms op

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sagabal posted:

tried looking this up and haven't found it yet but did find a lesser goonlol

Oh look it's Screaming Idiot

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Badass Longcoat?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Note Block posted:

lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Reading Id's tall stories does make me think of troper's tales, especially the one that was something like "This kid is inhuman!"

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Note Block posted:

I want to believe

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i am always weirded out by personal discord servers. like ive been in a few "group of friends" discord servers but not the ones that are like specifically "for" a certain person

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

euroshopper posted:

THATS SO loving EPIC LFMAO

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Leal posted:

Reading Id's tall stories does make me think of troper's tales, especially the one that was something like "This kid is inhuman!"

Boss fight, mother fuckers!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

yall just hate a succssful woman. and it shows

Cholifut
May 22, 2010

Leggsy posted:

Say what now

EDIT: Hold the phone, looking at the twitter account slowbeef retweeted, is this what you're thinking about? (:nms: because it contains talk about animal abuse).

:nms:https://twitter.com/HmImThinking/status/1127279068653572096

Ah, yeah it was this. Glad you could find it. He obviously turbobanned that guy from everything and ran damage control for a minute.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

euroshopper posted:

Now go back there, don't report back.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

hello goons, it brings me no pleasure to report this but I'm actually TheDarkId's lawyer and he just informed me he has super aids.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Fursonally I think we should post extensively about this thread, and Kiwifarms op

yaoi gagarin brought up kiwifarms out of nowhere and i was baffled for a min

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i am always weirded out by personal discord servers. like ive been in a few "group of friends" discord servers but not the ones that are like specifically "for" a certain person

There are good creator run Discord servers, but them being good hinges on that creator rarely posting there and them rarely coming up in the server itself.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
imagine if he actually died today in a freak accident. no one would believe it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Farg posted:

He did die today. Of cancer

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Farg posted:

Death: FUNNY, I WAS EXPECTING HIM IN THE ONCOLOGY WARD.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Leal posted:

He did die today. Of cancer

Yup.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You fool, why would I give them my real name for credits? I provided a stock name to protect my privacy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's apparently extremely easy to become a cult leader (of the world's lamest cult)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Marcade posted:

Boss fight, mother fuckers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its one thing if its a youtuber with like 500k subs its another if its some guy who made screenshot LPs a decade ago