Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Alex Mack meets Mighty Max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

I don't know how many remember or even know about the Luulubuu reveal some years back but drat, this revelation about TDI is reminding me about that. Time is a flat circle.

Now I'm honestly curious. Links, thread, etc. Give me some more of that tea!

referring to speedball:

Coolguye posted:

He, uh, he was rather unequivocal about you as of last November when "something" happened - I still don't know what - that caused him to ping the entire loving server about you.

I won't share it unless requested just out of courtesy or whatever but even as someone who looked once every 3 months or so and never spoke, it was notable that he dropped an @here specifically to tell the entire server to block and avoid you at all costs.

It was pretty hosed up.

this does not sound like a healthy boosting environment

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sekiro's dub had a lot of andre sogliuzzo who's one of the more underrated character actors in the business

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
my first SMT game was digital devil saga 2 and that’s a weird place to get introduced to Jack Frost

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heath posted:

I don't see how any of that counters any of the criticisms of the game since I don't think anybody expected it to be a criticism of fascism, and that's really only a small part of the game anyway

Also the criticism it does have of a facsist leader is insanely shallow and stupid. The metaphor they use for it is that of a giant ship being literally steered in the wrong direction, come on

Like there's unsubtle and then there's that. They're not even unsubtle in service of making sure to drive a point home, they chose to make it a literal cruise ship being steered over a waterfall or something (it's been a while since I played it) because their criticism is fundamentally braindead

it is a cruise ship and the portrayal is bad but the whole “steered in the wrong direction” part is something you made up

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Russian Egyptian-American Arabic-speaking pregnant lesbian studying Egyptology.

/

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Speaking of Moviebob there was the goon Raenier Salazar who was a big moviebob fan who someone discovered replyguys to him constantly (never gets acknowledged) and whenever people in the online creators thread (circa like 3 or 4 years ago) made fun of moviebob he'd go to twitter to tell him his honor is being besmirched.

Raenir Salazar may be the stupidest man in Canada

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heath posted:

Pretty sure this was Bust Rodd

it wasn’t. he also had the grace to feel sheepish about it afterward instead of angrily blaming the game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
act 3 is also where you really get to play around with all the combat's tools, so the rush of Number Big is enough to carry you through the much weaker setpieces

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Jesus wept

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
his old publication the escapist fired its chief editor and he and like 95% of the staff responded by immediately resigning and starting an independent outfit

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Leal posted:

My favorite webcomic is the one about a Khajiit in Oblivion and the creator got mad that I was posting it in a webcomic mock thread and threatened to call a lawyer about it

kazerad. guy had issues

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I never finished it but it was mostly fine, i'm not sure why so many people went complete nutters over it in like 2009

short answer is that between its idiosyncratic presentation/writing style, its prodigious update speed and a whole dictionary of internal jargon, it was primed to create a fanbase that was really more of an entire subculture, sucking up half the internet in its wake

more impressive is how completely it collapsed after generating that kind of pull. you need to jump through a bunch of hoops to even read it in its original state

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
door in the overlook hotel swings open to reveal coolguye playing chess with a guy in a dog suit

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heath posted:

The ones revolving around the main cast at the end are alright but for some reason they saw fit to absolutely bloat the gently caress out of the final chapter of the game with quests. They're all abysmal and offer very little benefit to do them and every time you finish one it opens 3 more like a loving hydra of poo poo. But if I have unfinished side quests I always feel like I need to do them or I'm going to miss some thing that might actually be cool

The back half of 16 ricochets so wildly between some of the highest highs in gaming and the absolute bottomed out pits of the worst things about modern game design. Everything on the critical path is awesome and great and tight, but all of the side stuff really works to the detriment of the game overall because it's just bloat. To their credit they gave the bloat a lot of story padding to try and make it have at least some texture but 3/4 of the side quests boil down to the same formula.

NPC: Oi, me nan's been missin' for two days, she went to investigate a rock called Bahamut's Ballsack
Clive: That sounds bad
NPC Nan: Oi, I've been investigating this rock, it's related to Bahamut somehow. Wait, look there
*4 bandits identical to the ones you were fighting five chapters ago amble up slowly in the same formation as the last twenty quests you've done*
Bandits: Oi, we'll be takin your research
Clive: *draws sword* This is one Ballsack you won't be robbing

Then you have a super boring fight and finish the quest and you get an accessory that's slightly better than one you got from the last quest, repeat until you die

I'm looking forward to a NG+ game where I can just not do the side quests and hope it changes my opinion of the game but I had a severely Persona 5-ish time with it where my hype levels were very high and it was a slow descent into what ended up feeling like a better-than-average game with some big gaping flaws in it. I hope the DLC adds some compelling reasons to play because I've been stuck at the very end of the game with no will to pick it back up because the last chapter's bloat killed my motivation

the DLC is more of the same. first one is basically one very large dungeon with a bewildering amount of filler at the start (you spend it jogging across the countryside after three buffoonish con artists who keep doing the "hey look over there" routine to get away), the second is a new region that's mostly made up of the above sidequests, though the new powers you get are satisfyingly punchy

since you spend it with the two companion characters i was hoping for some more decent interaction with them at least, but didn't get much of that either. really called to attention how shallow 16's cast is despite being so much smaller than most of the other games

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
all i wanted from rebirth was for red 13 to get a little more attention, and my wish was fulfilled beyond my wildest dreams

original-flavor red was little more than a way for square to show off their new polygonal modeling tech, rebirth red is in top-five characters for the entire franchise

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that’s an April Fool’s tweet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
when Hypnos says he needs his beauty sleep he’s not loving around

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tfr is just full of standard-variety gun weirdos now instead of the really unpleasant ones like sky shark and ts smelliot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
weird little fishbowl forum