Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Metal Gear Solid 3. Yakuza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The forums = Godly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Endorph posted:

she was born in 2009. she turned 14 in 2015. she turned 14 in 2016. she died at age 15 in 2019.

so you do the math

seems like a serious medical condition op

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

Lmfao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My one year old adopted daughter, nier localiser

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

euroshopper posted:

looked it up and apparently it's one of those threads where a bunch of permabanned goons come together and gossip over the libtards. i guess they knew about the dark id's weird lies for about a year

Fursonally I think we should post extensively about this thread, and Kiwifarms op

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i am always weirded out by personal discord servers. like ive been in a few "group of friends" discord servers but not the ones that are like specifically "for" a certain person

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Leal posted:

He did die today. Of cancer

Yup.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

fanny phantom

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The cats were simply given non-lethal takedown moves by Number Two.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my cat is the catgirl(?) from HxH and was brutally decapitated by the protagonist

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
These are baseless accusations against a dead man

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hell,

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the confusion comes from the fact, that thedarkid changed his name to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

<starts smoking for first time at mid 30's>

It's easier than it sounds

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Leal posted:

The real question is, did his PS2 actually die or did he make that up too?

Number Two...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Junpei posted:

Okay, rephrasing: we just thought they were harmless goofy lies up until now.

they seemed harmless and funny, until they cost 16-bit-butt-head his bedtime

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think most people were not aware of the Number Two Deep Lore and simply believed it when a funny LP guy they vaguely rememver announced that he had turbo cancer. Thank you

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anyway i havent seen him post today so it seems like he is dead, and all those stories are real.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
such a snipe.... worthy of number two herself...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TurnipFritter posted:

Wait I thought I was keeping all the lore straight but now I'm confused, is Number 2 the fake wife or is Number 2 the fake Japanese(?) best friend?

Edit: Nvm, I see the explainer above.

OK at this point we're actually just doing the Austin Powers scene

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Leal posted:

Snake... do you think pay equality can bloom on the battlefield?

John Woke

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hijacking the plane to make the pilots press the go faster button

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

symbolic posted:

getting absolutely pissed my run of Schrodinger's Daughter (Any%) gets ruined by the elevator glitch and resorting to the extremely risky "Terrorist's Gambit" skip

Lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

symbolic posted:

the famous Nazis of Prince Edward Island keep trying to break into my house like CoD zombies. in that case, time to show them what for and reach into my own "Mystery Box" (liquor cabinet)

just for fun i looked it up and PEI's homicide rate is so low that there are multiple years last decade with zero homicides. anyway i am going to kill 30 armed gang members here.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Paladinus posted:

The right-side-of-history slant to his lies is what brings it over the top for me. Almost every single aspect of his lies has some social cause angle, it's absolutely ridiculous. Pay gap in the assassin industry, turning down death squad assignments from Nestle, beating up homophobes and nazis, fighting against Russian imperialism, saving animals by the dozen...

i think this is the funniest part of the whole thing its literally just the guy who writes in fake letters for Soldier of Fortune magazine, but woke

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's funny seeing Speedball come up again after years of not thinking about him, and having to have friends refresh me on how he used to post his transformation fetish comic in the webcomic threads for feedback at a time where people were trying to be nicer about stuff and everyone kind of going

maybe thats why the dark id cut him out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
prince chudward island

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lmao that third panel

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(chuckles) excuse me sir do you have prince edward on an island?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

elf help book posted:

theres also a separate gbs one with a different set of posters

For some reason there are multiple threads like this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am playing Klonoa 2 on my Xbox Series X. What a console

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

euroshopper posted:

are you playing the phantasy reverie version or emulating the og?

I am playing the rerelease but I probably should play the originals. Especially for Klon 1 because the sprites+3d look is so cool and so specific to that generation

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mycot posted:

And then it became anyone who expresses criticism or disapproval for something.

Sometimes "concern trolling" can be real but it is basically just an accusation that someone is talking in bad faith, which basically always derails any further discussion.

I am an expert on being toxic online and one of the things that reliably causes conversations to turn toxic or hostile is any accusation of bad faith.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Haruka's dance battles in 5 were awesome but I was also kind of hoping to kick ppls rear end with her, legend style

I was always undecided if having to do the same two songs over and over again was annoying, or a realistic depiction of what show business probably involves

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cranappleberry posted:

mb you should consider posting in good faith using approved sources then????

I get that it's a D&D joke but the moment anyone gets accused of not actually sincerely believing what they say, any further discussion is usually pointless and just hostile

This isn't really like online debate club poo poo it applies to a lot of bad culture war arguments too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
like just as an example during the stupid "yellow paint" video game discourse, a lot of people responded to posts about people getting annoyed by yellow paint with "oh, so what, you hate disabled people then???"

and like, no, maybe they're sincerely annoyed at the yellow paint, which is literally what they are saying.

basically the principle of charity isnt just applicable to debate club stuff, is what i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

People online love to take the worst possible interpretation of what other people say and it’s a big reason why I stopped reading Twitter

there were a small number of designers who took the opportunity to sincerely engage with those posts and make interesting discussions about the history and best-practices on signposting in games, and guess what got more attention: that, or "some of y'all really hate disabled people and it shows"

the exact same thing happens, on both sides, with any translation/localization discourse