Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
the dark idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Antivehicular posted:

This at least explains what his exit strategy was. Dude looked at the market trends, decided making his streaming persona a teenage Japanese girl was more profitable than staying a generic white guy, and put the most convoluted possible plan into motion when he could have just gotten a generic vtuber rig and called it a day

Looking forward to his rebirth as a vtuber

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

can someone make a 3 hour youtube essay untangling all of this tia

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he may have also created and been the sole editor of his own tvtropes page and its longer than most pages on the website

dudes rock

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

pathological liars can't stop and once you get that attention and internet fame, i doubt it is easy for a pathological liar to walk away from it

so what im saying is - how long until he returns? because he will return

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think most people were not aware of the Number Two Deep Lore and simply believed it when a funny LP guy they vaguely rememver announced that he had turbo cancer. Thank you

Yeah. This is where I was. I wasn't in his discord. The only things I (thought) knew about The Dark Id was that he did LPs of games that I liked and that he did government contract security work. The latter of which isn't super unusual or uncommon. My stepdad did that for a few years. So when his "daughter" died, I had no reason not to believe it. I hadn't heard any of the stories. :shrug:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

So now that The Dark Id is dead, someone should probably let Patreon know, right? That way they don't keep trying to funnel money to a dead man.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

the tdi poo poo is a little funny i guess. my favorite story of his was when he was "working security" for the olympics in rio and he "shot some people". its somewhere on his twitter

Goddamn. Now there's a name I haven't seen in ages. Thank you TDI for bringing everyone out.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Stux posted:

that is exactly what i want however

stux spends all day rubbing his rear end on every surface

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Stux posted:

this actually is hella stupid the more i think about it lol, the last part about challenging vs time consuming. often it overlaps a lot. a lot of challenging things by their nature take time to learn, or the challenge can be the difficulty of doing something well for a sustained period of time. some people just want shortcuts or prefer much sharper forms of difficulty which is completely acceptable and fine but talking about it like this like ppl who enjoy things that take a long time to learn and overcome are actually just liars and stupid and no one could genuinely want the thing i dont want is really annoying. thanks

i dont want to go into a big tangent on this, but i think it just comes down to the type of game your designing.

while i personally don't much care for breath of the wild, the freedom to climb any surface ever allows for the player to get to places however they please. no real need of signposting the only one path.

but then if you had an open world game and ask a person to climb a mountain but they cant free climb and there's only one narrow spot where a button prompt appears to climb, that loving sucks if theres no signposting - hence why devs fall back to the yellow paint

im all for challenge in navigation and puzzles and all that poo poo but finding the single spot where a "climb mountain" button prompt shows up isnt some challenge for the player to solve it is just a waste of time

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

the moment in gaming when i realized the occasional signpost may be something i desire

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Stux posted:

no one is saying no signposting its just that there are ways to do that without a literal signpost. but also i was more responding the last part of the post.

yeah absolutely fair.

side note - its also wild when you encounter someone who has zero sense of direction even with signposting. i have a buddy who will literally walk from one room into another in a game, spin the camera around and then get confused about which direction they came from. they can do fights and solve puzzles and such but ask them to backtrack or navigate from point a to point b and theyre completely useless. you might as well have asked them to solve quantum physics

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Have you tried equipping the "skill" materia

sorry my materia slots are full with the "shitposting" and "navel-gazing" materias

Note Block posted:

I'm sorry this is where you got permanently stuck and unable to complete the original FF7. Game gets real good after this part.

ff8 is better

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Stux posted:

it cant be that a game just isnt for me. it must be some sort of moral failing that they wont make the game for me and i will use other popele as an excuse for this

i really dislike breath of the wild

it is obvious that nintendo has a personal vendetta against me and anyone who says they like it are airheaded nintendo sycophants

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

pentyne posted:

A lot of VA is only a priority because someone high up really wants to to shine, or they get big name actors to do it and have to put in the real effort.

Honestly, when I see that an English voice track for a game has a big name (see: Hollywood actor) attached to it, it makes me less confident in the performance, not more.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Be thankful I don’t have my IK star yet

to be completely sincere on the subject - stuff like BotW is something I want to like. Twice now I've tried to make it through the game but I always just burn out. And that is wholly on me because I feel like BotW (and especially TotK) require some creativity on the part of the player. Every time I see someone gush about those games, they talk about all of the creative hijinks they get into.

I am not a creative person. Just like some people struggle with directions, I struggle with sandboxy "make your own fun" games

This is why I tend to stick to fairly linear narratively-dense RPGs.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

HopperUK posted:

It's totally fine, friend. There are games out there for everyone.

And every game that isn't for me is bullshit!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Farg posted:

The yakuza 8 dub is better tbh. You lose so many good little character bits playing in Japanese (you don't speak Japanese) (Idgaf about prozd or whoever voices kiryu in English I'm an adult)

i'm going to pull off a heat action and smash your face through a microwave and then pour scalding hot coffee on you - given to me by that convenience story employee because they are my friend.
cock's shotgun

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Stux posted:

giving up quality of performance for the main character etc and all of the cutscenes so you can understand the combat barks is pyschotic. doubly so bcos not understanding combat barks makes them 1000x less annoying

Hey rear end in a top hat!

This ain't a show, dipshit!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

yong yea is also on record as defending peoples' use of the gamer word and when called out on it, he gave some excuse like "i haven't lived in america long, i wasn't aware people saw it as negative" (he'd been living in america for over a decade at this point)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

'gamer word' the n word. you mean the n word.

Yeah. Was just trying to be a little cheeky

https://twitter.com/TechnoSyndrome/status/1671622204008849408

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

I am enjoying Witcher 3 on the Nintendo Switch

the world feels massive and lived-in and everything so far is interesting

i just figured it how to play gwent after ignoring it

witcher 3 on switch sounds like a terrible way to enjoy one of the best rpgs of all time

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Nope. You can only miss 1 card through a dialogue option late in the game, plus

unironically how i played the game

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Dragon's Ligma

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

pentyne posted:

playing Dragons Dogma for the first time, it keeps launching in offline mode. are the pawn servers down or something?

if youre trying to find a pawn - look in the mirror

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What the hell is going on.

Dongicus posted:

something really gay is happening. well bye

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sephiroth was created by injecting jenova cells into the fetus of an unborn baby, the baby was hojos, hojo cucked vincent

and vincent valentine's father was named GRIMOIRE valentine - something i learned from a lets play run by........ the dark id

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

chrono cross is better than chrono trigger

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There's a native PC port of ps1 classic Legend of Dragoon now. Thank you YOSPOS style nerds for making it

oh gently caress yeah now we're talkin

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

i totally accept that i'm in the minority that prefers chrono cross. idk why. the vibes just hit for me better than chrono trigger did. not to say chrono trigger isn't a good game. it just didn't hook me in the way chrono cross did. and tbf i didn't grow up with chrono trigger. i had played chrono cross first and then went back to chrono trigger.

also chrono cross objectively has the better soundtrack. one of the best OSTs in gaming

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

It felt like they knew they couldn't just do "Chrono Trigger 2" because it'd never be as good, so they needed to do something extremely different.

Masato Kato posted:

We didn't want to directly extend Chrono Trigger into a sequel, but create a new Chrono with links to the original. Yes, the platform changed; and yes, there were many parts that changed dramatically from the previous work. But in my view, the whole point in making Chrono Cross was to make a new Chrono with the best available skills and technologies of today. I never had any intentions of just taking the system from Trigger and moving it onto the PlayStation console. That's why I believe that Cross is Cross, and NOT Trigger 2.

still waiting on Chrono Break

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ive never heard of Omori. guess i need to do my due diligence and play this game to see if it will make me cry

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

To The Moon got autism in a way that media very rarely does.

gently caress guess i need to add this to the list as well

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I’m really fuckin bummed about Toriyama

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Al! posted:

dq11 might be a perfect jrpg

i should really go back to it. i think i wasn't in the right mental place when i played it originally.

i got to the point where i was in a port city trying to get a boat. i fell off around then. what percent of the game is that? because the game didn't really have its hooks in me at that point. though, to be fair, i think i was fairly distracted by life stuff at the time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

he just like me..... :negative:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you should never ever allow someone to insert their fetish into a dnd game or they will keep pushing it and pushing it until the whole game is cabbagepots delight

i mean all fantasy and scifi will eventually have the creator inserting their weird fuckin kinks

have you ever read a frank herbert book?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/actualcoastline/status/1766340449667534961

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

tromp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

gonna start foaming at the mouth and convulsing next time i hear a dmx song