Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol at me waking up to more tdi lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I was just remembering that when I read the early lps that he did he was putting out huge updates on a daily pace, and also in the daytime in us/Canada (which meant I get to read video game bs in the mornings). It was a lot of effort and I recall someone asking how he did it and he said he was doing a boring desk job with the government and had a ton of downtime in between tasks. And then yesterday I found out he had actually been a video gaming Jason Bourne who married Angelina Jolie

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I think nohman is actually based on Norman jayden from the game heavy rain and a play on the voice actor's pronunciation of the name

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

He edited the Taylor swift page to be shorter

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

What's it going to be, snake? Loyalty to me, or loyalty to your let's play?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Wasn't he taking a cigarette break when he was texted about the fake daughters death I'm so confused. The lore!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

symbolic posted:

getting absolutely pissed my run of Schrodinger's Daughter (Any%) gets ruined by the elevator glitch and resorting to the extremely risky "Terrorist's Gambit" skip

You have to mash the triangle button during the smoking break cutscene to make him breathe faster to trigger the phone text animation

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

drat we stan a king

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Kurtofan posted:

yeah quoting from his discord, he used his japanese runaway live-in friend alt saying he harassed the discords mod team

(in case you missed the lore, Silent Dummy/Hikkiari is tdi pretendign to be his japanese best friend)

planning my unfriending of some guy (30s?) by conspiring with my (40 M) fake japanese best friend (15 F)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Kurtofan posted:

lol not really related but from his discord right now

how do you build a discord made completely of glass

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

could you vote for Mr and Mrs Smith

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Light ID chatgroup

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

As opposed to what those discord screens claim I actually thought the audio file released was not at all sensationalised but more understated. It set out that slow beef had his suspicions, laid out his experience with the dark id and how their words and actions led him to his conclusions. He also made a point to say that he hoped Id wasn't a serial liar (although hopefully he lied about dying of cancer).

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I just realised their avatar have the same colour scheme and sinister smile to the side lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Which alt is the bear? Nohman?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The dark id is climbing the burj Khalifa with his gecko gloves, his windswept hair wavy and his shades extremely cool. A rumble in the distance. He looks back. He can already feel the dairy splashing on his cheeks. Cold. Sweet. Rocky road flavoured. A storm of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Soon it will engulf the city. He smirks and climbs harder. His knowledge of violence will save him.

Time to.
gently caress.
poo poo.
Up!!!!!!!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Wtf at that comic

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I'm glad you got a community out of it

I think you should start another discord though

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Robert Denby posted:

EDIT: Wait did he buy me a loving avatar change?!

lmao?!?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ok this guy is definitely an alt. Lol

i'm automatically distrusting anyone who says their avatar was changed by third parties for, you know, reasons

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

probably just talking about soup until the bitter end

i hope someone gave cock their shotgun back before they pulled the plug :ohdear:

had some tom kha gai the other night which was very nice but had way too much coconut milk

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

"I've lived 5x the life he did" lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i thought the guy who got caught still playing COD would be the funniest fake dead goon but I'm glad I was wrong

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Yeah as strange as it was I think we should post less about what the non-TDIalt community members surrounding the dark id and what new spaces they are occupying is like. Let them be in peace. :thanks: and Cock's Shotgun.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

relieved he doesn't know rhinos' weak points

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I should have made it clear but I'm happy people are coming or returning to the forums and this and the previous thread to be bewildered and chat about this whole extremely strange, low - stakes yet long - running incident :kimchi:

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Mar 7, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I'm watching the new senritsu it rules

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

aw gently caress, he's been gone since March 1 and it was a bad fall where he hurt his head

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

If I recall the riven rape rpgs started off as mafia games which makes it even stranger

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Westwood made a chat programme and most of the people on there don't even play the game we were just being mean little shits to each other

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

As a kid I read dbz translated into Chinese so the transliterate names were like 飞理杀 (fei Lee sha where sha is the Chinese word for kill) and drat that's a cool name and then the internet became commonplace and then I found out his name is freezer. And then vegeta is based on vegetables and trunks is underwear

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Second evilest. The first was his editor.

https://twitter.com/KennyLauderdal3/status/1766222760890523704?t=w-n55Amxqg1AtJ2M2Cjvhw&s=19

Lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I thought the dnd podcast thing was critical role and orion acaba was the one removed because he was being creepy and exist

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Wait is that the one that had a wedding stream with the most cringe poster, I don't know the names but I remember seeing it during covid times

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Oh yeah that's the one https://twitter.com/satinephoenix/status/1498690795439677441?t=jUcNhYG7V-CkS0-FuJ7KgA&s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Hahaha what the hell

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

insane anime posted:

quoting from the the other thread:

Goon named McMuffin Man who was obsessed with fallout 3 and filled with hate for the world (no gf, no job, no money, etc). It was right on release, he would go out in public and pretend he was in FO3. His apartment was the vault, and he would go out on the 1st and 15th to get supplies and 'forage.' The kicker was the radiation was rap music. He hated hip hop music more than women and super mutants, so if he heard rap music he was taking RADs and had to find a new path to Dollar General. The climax of the thread was when he was stuck at the crosswalk by somone dancing to Lil Wayne's Lollipop and he collapsed to the ground in disgust/radiation overwhelmed him and he said the guy listening to it just put the boom box thing right next to his face while he was lying down and was doing that laugh lil wayne does in all his songs

lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Spanish Manlove posted:

You should go see Dune2

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

when Control was out I wanted to buy a second hand copy of it for the PS4 so I posted in the local facebook 2nd hand game group, with pictures of the box art and everything, asking if anyone had it for sale. Another guy posted pictures of his dualshock controller and said yeah this is for sale and the conversation went like

Me: No I want the game CONTROL
Him: Yes this can CONTROL the game
Me: No, the game is CONTROL
Him: This is the REMOTE CONTROL
Him: You need this to CONTROL the game please buy it

People were laugh-reacting at this whole drat post and I never got the game until much later