Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

So we can confirm he didn't have a dead daughter, right
she was born in 2009. she turned 14 in 2015. she turned 14 in 2016. she died at age 15 in 2019.

so you do the math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

that doesnt track also because nier's localization wasnt just random contract hires, it was farmed out to a specific company, 8-4, who have done a lot of high profile work. a bunch of fire emblem games, nier automata, metal gear rising, some tekken games, etc. the idea that 'oh yeah i do some translation on the side' doesnt track with that. they're a very well-respected company. they aren't a 'gig.'

and also they're based in japan not the us, so it'd be pretty hard to work with them while also living with the dark id apparently???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

ok so the name "hikkiari" is bugging me, as I don't know if it's an actual Japanese name, or even a word. I googled it but all I got was this thread and a similar one on kiwifarms from 2016.

hikki is a shortening of hikikomori. basically someone who never leaves their room, often used half-jokingly by nerds to refer to themselves. ari is the japanese word for ant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Note Block posted:

So you're telling me there's still a chance for the 50 Foot Ant reveal

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i am always weirded out by personal discord servers. like ive been in a few "group of friends" discord servers but not the ones that are like specifically "for" a certain person
its one thing if its a youtuber with like 500k subs its another if its some guy who made screenshot LPs a decade ago

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

wait wtf is this about strangling cats?
the cats were russian operatives

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

might want to blank out that name there
i google ryan kelly north carolina because im sick and twisted but everyone i got has had jobs in the last 10 years and the ages dont line up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Kelly_(basketball)

unless the dark id played for the lakers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that twitter account also calls him ryan while also being named ryan.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heath posted:

Do you think that TDI ever said "Let's play" just before breaking a guys neck

his reports to his bosses were in screenshot lp format

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Look, every time one of my fake daughters dies, it costs my patrons 250 bucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ftr i dont think the japanese person is a teenager. i think. this lore is extremely convoluted but i think people are conflating the japanese friend whose dad he beat up and then his dead daughter's goth girlfriend whose dad he beat up. all of this is real also

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the thing people missing is that he frequently tells the same lie with just some nouns madlibbed around

like he rescued some kittens from underneath the porch by punching it but also he rescued a fox from underneath the porch by punching it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leal posted:

The real question is, did his PS2 actually die or did he make that up too?
his ps2 was a lesbian also

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i understand a lot of people probably just formed a social group in that discord that dark id barely factored into, so they're reluctant to leave or shut it down, but like, you can just invite everyone to a new discord that's not a playground for a pathological liar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im also the dark id

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The YOSPOS sex criminal goon got off
yeah thats the problem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

didn't he say that yoko taro personally sent him a gift because his LP boosted nier automata's sales or something to that effect, my memory is vague on this
it was the original nier not automata

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean i dont know why hed come up with the cancer lie in the first place unless he wanted to dump this identity. same with killing off the kid.

my best guess is that he genuinely liked the social circle hed built up but disliked how much Lore hed built up for himself that he had to keep track of (as shown by all the pitfalls hed thrown himself into.) so kill off the kid, kill off the dark id, kill off Squeaky The Cat, then just post permanently as his mod alt. he gets to talk to everyone, he doesnt have to juggle multiple identities, the only lore he has to keep track of is that he's dead. (which is an insane thing to say, but.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ofc the much simpler solution would have just been to go 'yeah i was bullshitting about some of the military badass stuff sorry' five years ago before dead kid and i doubt anyone would have cut ties with him over it, and then he could have just not mentioned the kid or wife or w/e again. but i dont think anyone's going to accuse him of being smart

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cant you just include a button to press that points an arrow where you need to go

people can press it or not press it
problem solved

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no i mean like a crazy taxi style arrow over your head

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Farg posted:

The yakuza 8 dub is better tbh. You lose so many good little character bits playing in Japanese (you don't speak Japanese) (Idgaf about prozd or whoever voices kiryu in English I'm an adult)
kiryu's dub VA is terrible. totally unfitting for the character

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont know anything about whatever youtuber he is i just know the voice sounds bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

yong yea is also on record as defending peoples' use of the gamer word and when called out on it, he gave some excuse like "i haven't lived in america long, i wasn't aware people saw it as negative" (he'd been living in america for over a decade at this point)

'gamer word' the n word. you mean the n word.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Al! posted:

im at least a quarter weeb so I do notice when they mistranslate one of the anime words
nine times out of ten its less 'mistranslation' and more 'translating the same word the same way every time isnt really how translation works when it comes to narrative fiction'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

condolences to dark id's fans who have lost their discord server. i will make a new discord server for you. please venmo me 100 dollars each so i can finish up assassinating putin more quickly and get to making your discord server.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also yeah im not believing speedball did sex harass stuff until theres actually proof beyond 'dark id or one of his fifteen sock puppets said so'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cyalpha08 posted:

Ive been talking with speedball about this since id 'died' and he wasn't even aware of the sex pest claims until Denby's posts. Also I can confirm that Denby is his own person, he has been in voice with Id and other folks, myself included, and spoken together many times. the Cock's Shotgun mod is also a separate person. The only known sockpuppet in the discord was Hikkiari.
theyre all dark id actually.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

This is boring now
yea it got really boring when the guys who were in the discord server came in here to cry about something or other.

anyway if speedball is provably not a sex pest that guy should get banned for repeating a false claim as if its fact. itd be one thing if he said 'i heard' or w/e or 'i thought' but just saying it straight up is weird as hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I really hope goons can organically drop it and not make it a pillar of their online personality like every other instance of this kind of poo poo
god willling youtubers wont pick it up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slotducks posted:

What happens when a pathological liar tells one of the most outlandish lies and it's received without outright derision?

Is that the worlds largest dopamine hit?

mother fucker had a dead nazi with a butcher knife in his face in his kitchen oh my goodness
the worlds largest dopamine hit will be in 6 hours when anyone who keeps talking about this starts getting probed, op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rip toriyama

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that comic has literally nothing to do with dbz lol, you can say the girls dont get much to do but they're all dressed pretty normally. like 18 breaks vegeta's arm in a jean skirt. there's these dudes who have like Six Misogyny Silver Bullets they load into their revolver and shoot out at random even when they have nothing to do with the point theyre actually trying to make.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

presumably because they dont actually relate to or understand problems women face theyve just learned catchphrases and buzz words

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i remember that guy because his motivation for going to therapy was to get unbanned from the adtrw chat thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also when he replied to some youtubers xenoblade 2 let's play with a like five paragraph rant about waifus and sexualization in anime and they just replied 'thanks for the comment. i didnt understand it.'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheMightyBoops posted:

There’s like some weird implied stuff with Poppie and Tora I think? Otherwise all I remember is that some blades had big boobs.
Tora is like 'i made this robot maid shes so kawaiii' but hes meant to be like 14 or w/e. Its a pretty innocent bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Is Chibisoma the Gunnerkrigg Court maniac, the Rock Band forums maniac, or both of these

*ice-t voice* they call em the gunnerkrigg court maniac